[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

4 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Nightingale literally just fixed this with the latest CC.

Tested with the lasted 1.0.5 version, no dice. (It's not a "flickering" type issue, the contract just gets generated then goes away right away)

If it was fixed in the 1.1 CC version, testing may have to wait, since I just tried downloading KSP 1.1 and CKAN is being weird about it in addition to need more mods updated.

In tracking station. Cannot exit from. No object in space

[EXC 17:07:12.103] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.drawGroundTracks (.CelestialBody body)
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.drawTarget ()
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.OnGUI ()
[EXC 17:07:12.105] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.drawGroundTracks (.CelestialBody body)
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.drawTarget ()
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.OnGUI ()

Edited by boborene

On 3/30/2016 at 11:54 AM, DMagic said:

1.1 compatible version can be found here

Does this include the patches for problems with transmissions (including with RT)?

I could see why the RT patch may not be there because it may not be a problem anymore and a 1.1 RT has not yet been released.

Edited by rough93

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@rough93 Does it fix Remote Tech's problems? No.

I have no idea why RT would have issues with data transmission, there is nothing really odd that SCANsat does with its data.

From looking at the RT thread and following a few leads from there it seems that there is an issue in RT stopping it being able to transmit data from the MPL and survey scanner and scansat scanners. Everything goes as normal except when 100% arrives... nothing. The data is still available to be sent.

The issue has a couple of threads on the RT Github and there is talk of a fix for the next update.

I copied the content of the .zip file in the GameData folder, and one of the scanners appeared in my inventory (I just started the 'science' mode so my tech tree is very small).

I can place the scanner on my rocket but nothing happens when I right click on it. The item becomes green-ish if I mouse-over it, but it is totally unresponsive to the click. Neither in the hangar nor in flight. Why so? Do I need to be in a polar orbit to be able to interact with it?

Thanks

AC

p.s. I have:

- KSP v1.05 build 1024

- Scansat v14.9

Edited by f.pelosa
more info

@f.pelosa Sounds like an installation error. Make sure you have the correct file downloaded from one of the links in the first post and that it is installed in the correct location (which is also described further down in the first post).

I astually solved the problem by placing the scansat.dll file in 2 places (I'm not sure which one of the two made the trick): GameData folder, and Plugin folder.

Now everything seems to be ok but I think there's a problem in the add-on: I launched 3 sats around Kerbin, and started the scanners. I mapped maybe 5% of Kerbin and I sent another scanner to the Mun, starting the scan there as well.

Magically, as the Mun scanner started, Kerbin was 100% mapped. Go back to the hangar to build some stuff, go back to the sat around Mun, and magically again, 100% of the mun was mapped.

Is this an known issue?

7 minutes ago, f.pelosa said:

I astually solved the problem by placing the scansat.dll file in 2 places (I'm not sure which one of the two made the trick): GameData folder, and Plugin folder.

Now everything seems to be ok but I think there's a problem in the add-on: I launched 3 sats around Kerbin, and started the scanners. I mapped maybe 5% of Kerbin and I sent another scanner to the Mun, starting the scan there as well.

Magically, as the Mun scanner started, Kerbin was 100% mapped. Go back to the hangar to build some stuff, go back to the sat around Mun, and magically again, 100% of the mun was mapped.

Is this an known issue?

Short answer is if you need to copy or duplicate files then you installation is bad.

yes..

I followed the instructions:

1. Download using the above download link.
  2. Place the SCANsat folder in your Kerbal Space Program\GameData folder.
  3. Install Module Manager if you want to use any of the SCANsat resource scanning mechanisms.

and it didn't work: I couldn't see the icon with the satellite in the game.

Down below, it reads: 

[REQUIRED]

• SCANsat.dll from us

Which although it is in the SCANSat/Plugins folder, I couldn't see the icon with the satellite in the game.

So I copied that file both to the GameData folder and to the Plugins folder, and I now see the icon and I can scan planets and muns.

Still, the problem I mentions above remains.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, f.pelosa said:

yes..

I followed the instructions:

1. Download using the above download link.
  2. Place the SCANsat folder in your Kerbal Space Program\GameData folder.
  3. Install Module Manager if you want to use any of the SCANsat resource scanning mechanisms.

and it didn't work: I couldn't see the icon with the satellite in the game.

Down below, it reads: 

[REQUIRED]

• SCANsat.dll from us

Which although it is in the SCANSat/Plugins folder, I couldn't see the icon with the satellite in the game.

So I copied that file both to the GameData folder and to the Plugins folder, and I now see the icon and I can scan planets and muns.

Still, the problem I mentions above remains.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot of your game data folder would help

17 hours ago, f.pelosa said:

That's quite the old ModuleManager you've got there.

If you're using KSP 1.1 get MM 2.6.21 if you're using KSP 1.0.5 get MM 2.6.18 Then delete all 4 of the MM cache's, and why is the SCANsat.dll in the GameData folder?  That should be in the SCANSat folder...

May not be the answer, but I'm pretty sure using up-to-date software and installing everything correctly helps.

Edited by Veevee

Version 16.0 is out; get it on SpaceDock.

It has been updated for the final KSP 1.1 release, and MechJeb 2.5.7.

It includes a new, 17 page KSPedia entry, a science experiment for the low resolution resource scanner (when stock scanning is disabled), a window scaling feature, and several minor fixes and updates.

@KryoWorks Do you have logs for when the science results dialog problem happens? I've never seen anything like that before.

@toric5 There are replacement map view overlays included in SCANsat. You can also tell SCANsat to complete a stock resource scan after reaching a certain level of resource scanning.

The included KSPedia entry and SCANwiki has more details on how all of the map overlays work.

15 hours ago, DMagic said:

@KryoWorks Do you have logs for when the science results dialog problem happens? I've never seen anything like that before.

@toric5 There are replacement map view overlays included in SCANsat. You can also tell SCANsat to complete a stock resource scan after reaching a certain level of resource scanning.

The included KSPedia entry and SCANwiki has more details on how all of the map overlays work.

No for some reason the new 1.1 update my game crashes all the time, produces no log, just some very obscure crap in the output log, but no crash log. I had twice as many mods before the update, with no issue, now everytime i revert to vab it crashes or when i use science for any mod, not just yours, the problem lies in somthing with my cpu. Disregard

Just dropping in to say that I love the ScanSat information available in the KSP Wiki.

I used to have to alt-tab out of the game to look at the browser to remind me of the min/max/best altitudes of various scanners.

So thanks!

Hey Dmagic, 
was adding those pages into KSPedia hard? Could you point me towards the code that adds stuff, i tried looking on github but not sure where to start. Don't really know what I'm doing but I want to try adding cheat sheets for vanilla and multiple mods. The things i end up having to exit the game to go look at like delta v maps, resource scanner altitudes, life support/resource flow charts. I'm hoping it is not something hard as it looks like it just displays image files of some sort. Any help would be appreciated and I'll pass on to the devs on the delta v map that I asked to look at adding it.