[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Will I have to recompile the mod to make my own custom resources work properly with SCANsat? Judging from the git and the mod folder, most of the bitmasks are taken up (only 4 options open)

I don't intend to release my resources unless people really want them, given they will probably mess with other mods as I made these for personal use and to basically be used with SCANsat only.

Using random numbers for the bitmask, I can get the basic functionality to work. But things like the Instrument Panel, and Zoom map will not show the decimal percentages like Ore does. So all my resources are rounded to nearest whole number.

I don't mind a bit of extra work to enjoy my game, I just want to make sure it's warranted... Thanks in advance!

SCANsat version 16.11 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It has been updated for KSP 1.2.1 (but should work fine in 1.2). It disables dragging for the big map and zoom map when in IVA, this is a temporary fix to prevent those windows from being thrown offscreen if you right click on them.

It also changes the resource scanning Module Manager patch to target the stock Narrow Band scanner for all USI resources. There is a slight bug in how the narrow-band scanner resources are detected when the "Require Narrow Band Scanner" option is enabled. When using CRP resources it will only recognize the Narrow Band as an Ore scanner for the purposes of drawing resources in the zoom map, and for giving accurate resource data in the mouse over information. Just disable this option if you are using MKS.

Hi DMagic,

first off, thanks for your nice mods!!

Now for the inevitable question. I have a weird experience with the BTDT sensor. It shows me anomalies at range, names them when I close in. But am I not supposed to get a pic of the anomaly when I get really close? When i do that, the instrument panel blanks out. I see the regular instrument readings when I turn the BTDT off, and it goes blank again when I turn it back on. Any idea what is going on? Am I not close enough, maybe?

Thanks for any light you can shine on this,

Dr. Scarlett

EDIT: I see back in the thread it can have something to do with my DX11 vs OpenGl settings. How can I check/change these?

Edited by DrScarlett

so for the

//    1 = Oceanic            (Stuff in the oceans)
//    2 = Atmospheric        (Stuff in the air, varies with pressure)
//    3 = Interplanetary    (Stuff you find between planets)

do you have to be in the same soi

or can we add these scans to a space telescope? 

and where do these usually get displayed at. 

Hello @DMagic, first of all, thanks for the brilliant mods that you've made and your dedication to them,

Secondly, I'm having a problem with the stock M-700 scanner. It has buttons in the right-click menu, but they dissappear when clicked and then do nothing. This renders the scanner useless. if you need output logs and/or screenshots, I'll happily oblige.

All the best,

NotAgain.

I have done something to make my scansat toolbar button disappear. The parts are still here and from what I can tell the mod appears to be working, but I can't open or change anything as the button is gone. I'm not using blizzy's toolbar, just the stock one. Is there a config file I can check somewhere? I don't recall when it disappeared, but I'm using the latest version and 1.2.1 KSP.

Edited by oniontrain

When I try to do any SCANSAt scanning, my altitude reads "all scanning is disabled". I have no idea where to even begin to start looking to see whats happening. I haven't messed with any settings since my last satellite (which worked fine), so I have no idea why its now saying this. Thanks for anyhelp.  

I'm dumb. I fixed it.

Edited by derekmw

Hi, when I set a landing target on the SCANSat large map, the data doesnt get passed to MechJeb.  There is no option in the SCANSat settings to enable MechJeb (That I can see).  Do I have a problem or is this how its meant to be?

Im using MechJeb Dev 645 and SCANSat 16.11

Edited by funkcanna

Don't know if it is already mentioned or is known issue, but I noticed small glitch with big map.

Probe with altimetry scaner is in optimal orbit, have enough EC, but data is not updated on map.
At the same time, small map works as intended - properly update altimetry data.

Sometimes showing small map trigger proper update of big map. Last time it didn't helped, but switching to different celestial body on big map back and forth have triggered update of data.

I still observe behaviour, so I can give you proper reliable reproducing steps. I got only 2-3 screenshot of behaviour if description is not enough.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Don't know if it is already mentioned or is known issue, but I noticed small glitch with big map.

Probe with altimetry scaner is in optimal orbit, have enough EC, but data is not updated on map.
At the same time, small map works as intended - properly update altimetry data.

Sometimes showing small map trigger proper update of big map. Last time it didn't helped, but switching to different celestial body on big map back and forth have triggered update of data.

I still observe behaviour, so I can give you proper reliable reproducing steps. I got only 2-3 screenshot of behaviour if description is not enough.

The big map does not update automatically like the small map.  There's a button top-centre of the window that will generate a refresh, or, as you found out, changing scenes will force a redraw on your return to the original body.  AFAIK, this is by design and has been this way for quite some time.

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

The big map does not update automatically like the small map.  There's a button top-centre of the window that will generate a refresh, or, as you found out, changing scenes will force a redraw on your return to the original body.  AFAIK, this is by design and has been this way for quite some time.

Thanks for info, somehow, I didn't noticed such behaviour until now.