[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Fantastic! I love this mod! Unless it's been suggested before,(TL;DR in the middle of the night...) and before if forget it, would it be possible to add a layer to he map that shows what areas of the current body is the illuminated side?

I remember that for background scanning to work the active vessel had to have a SCANsat part/module active.

Does this also work while only using maptraq or has anything else changed in this regard?

You can also install ScanSat For All (http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220890-scansat-for-all) (NB: Not my mod), which adds Maptraq capability to all command modules. Ie; it lets you view the map, and continue scanning, from every ship.

3. I have no idea how to do that, sorry but I have a gaping blind spot when it comes to code and no where near enough free time to spend digging around trying to find out how :(

You can try file the micha posted, it does essentially the same thing, it's just adding it to every command pod/probe core instead of a specific one.

Now that some people started modding contracts, it would be nice to have contracts related to the scansat parts

In due time. :confused:

For some reason, I can't seem to use the Analyze Data function. I have tried both the radar altimetry and multispectral scanner and neither seem to let me analyze data even with 100% coverage. This is KSP x64, for reference.

Hi all.. i just started using this mod. I actually have a lone satellite in orbit around Kerbin with altimetry sensor and Maptraq and when this satellite is the active ship the scanning is running fine. If i go back to KSC screen and increase time warp to let one day pass and then go back to the satellite, i find the map not updated. In the settings, background scanning is active for all celestial bodies.

Is this working as intended? I mean, the background scanning works when i'm on any active ship equipped with a SCANsat part (ex. Maptraq) and not while i'm at KSC, tracking center or VAB?

Thank you

Hi all.. i just started using this mod. I actually have a lone satellite in orbit around Kerbin with altimetry sensor and Maptraq and when this satellite is the active ship the scanning is running fine. If i go back to KSC screen and increase time warp to let one day pass and then go back to the satellite, i find the map not updated. In the settings, background scanning is active for all celestial bodies.

Is this working as intended? I mean, the background scanning works when i'm on any active ship equipped with a SCANsat part (ex. Maptraq) and not while i'm at KSC, tracking center or VAB?

Thank you

Yes it works like this!

You need to be in an active vessel with a ScanSat part attached. This can also be a small rover or something like this on Kerbin so you can time warp faster ;)

Correct. Background scanning, in this case, means ships that aren't the currently active one can scan at the same time as the current one. Also, in the VAB and SPH, time stops completely.

I'm not interested in using ModStatistics.Can i simply delete the folder?

Make a settings.cfg file in Gamedata/ModStatistics that contains the line "disabled = true". Then, you can delete the folder and dlls and it will neither run if it's there (should you update a mod that includes it) nor throw any errors if it's not.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

You can also install ScanSat For All (http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220890-scansat-for-all) (NB: Not my mod), which adds Maptraq capability to all command modules. Ie; it lets you view the map, and continue scanning, from every ship.
Correct. Background scanning, in this case, means ships that aren't the currently active one can scan at the same time as the current one. Also, in the VAB and SPH, time stops completely.

I see a contradiction here - is the map-reader MapTraq enough for background scanning or not? :confused:

I see a contradiction here - is the map-reader MapTraq enough for background scanning or not? :confused:

Any SCANsat part that is attached to your current, active vessel will allow for background scanning, including the MapTraq.

Keep in mind the one caveat that the part needs to be activated. For scanners that means they need to be deployed with the "Start Scan" button. For the MapTraq that means it needs to be activated with the "Open Map" button.

Why haven't I posted here yet?

SCANSat is possibly my favourite mod. It's the reason for my tutorial!

Anyway, just to say that I never really got SCANSat working properly with RPM in the old versions. This time everything's perfect - thanks for that :-)

From one game dev to another, I just want to say this mod is incredible. Very well polished, adds another layer to the game, overall its just, really, really neat and fun!! Great tutorial/documentation as well, very clear!

I spent half the day today geeking out my satellite probe, loading it with SCANSat tech, getting the perfect launch and trajectory and then let the scanning begin. Got my Altimetry Multispectrual scans on Kerbin.

Love this mod, I also cant wait to see what the future brings. Stoked!!

14544767940_4c0d5c84bf_c.jpg

Edited by ManaElement

I just found out that Mod Statistic consistently crashes my x64 KSP after first launch.

i.e. all the launches after MS creates its folder crash. If I remove MS folder prior to launch, it works fine.

I had to delete it from the mod. Why is it even there?

I just found out that Mod Statistic consistently crashes my x64 KSP after first launch.

i.e. all the launches after MS creates its folder crash. If I remove MS folder prior to launch, it works fine.

I had to delete it from the mod. Why is it even there?

Those crashes aren't a mod issue, mods are architecture agnostic.

Every mod thread in this forum has one or several reports of people getting crashes for no reason, they all have in common that they're using the 64bit windows build, so is a problem with KSP and Unity, there's nothing mod authors can do, so quit pestering them.

Edited by m4v

Pestering is fine. Pestering without log files or any other pertinent information is not so helpful.

Yes, but with crashes there's little you can do, only Squad can debug it.

Great mod! Really useful, compact, compatible and easy to use.

But you might consider adding info what function each scanner provides, I had hard time finding out whats wrong when I haven't got altitude (thought it's the most basic type) map with Multispectral Sensor. There is no clear info on what that particular part scans.

But you might consider adding info what function each scanner provides, I had hard time finding out whats wrong when I haven't got altitude (thought it's the most basic type) map with Multispectral Sensor. There is no clear info on what that particular part scans.

From the parts description, emphasis mine:

This multichannel sensor detects radiation across several infrared, visible light, and RADAR bands. This gives it the capability to differentiate between terrain types and biomes. It can also detect anomalies such as structures on the ground.