[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Are there any plans to integrate SCANsat with the stock app-launcher toolbar?

It's on the list, but I would like to see the stock toolbar less buggy before I add this.

Just want to say thanks for your work on this and note that the description in the first post is one of the best maintained and organized I've seen.

Yep, technogeeky did a really nice job setting up the forum thread and the markdown for the GitHub readme.

is the SAR sensor the only one that generates color biome maps?

The SAR sensor gives color elevation maps. The multi-spectral scanner gives biome maps, color or black and white depending on your map settings.

Hello!

Please help me with a problem. In sandbox mode everything works fine. But in the career mode I have trouble :( If I turn any scanner (scan start), then visually nothing happens ... There is not even the appearance of animation of the antenna and so on. All of the buttons in the toolbar just do not work. Click on them nothing occurs. Although if you wait and then click "analyze data", I get the glasses science. If I switch to the space center and then back to his companion, I see that the scanners are already in the open state, but the toolbar buttons did not work ...

about my os and ksp:

Debian Linux 7 64bit

KSP 0.25

ScanSat v8.0

Other plugins:

000_Toolbar/ Human Consumption/ SCANsat/

000_USITools/ JSI/ ScienceAlert/

BahaSP/ KAS/

BeastlyScience/ KSP-AVC/ Squad/

CleverWalrus/ Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/ StationScience/

CustomBiomes/ MagicSmokeIndustries/ Tantares/

DeadlyReentry/ masTerTorch/ TarsierSpaceTech/

DMagic Orbital Science/ ModuleManager.2.5.1.dll ThunderAerospace/

Engineer/ NASAmission/ toolbar-settings.dat

FinePrint/ PartCatalog/ TweakScale/

HGR/ ProceduralFairings/ UniversalStorage/

HullCameraVDS/ Quarter Resource Capacity/ XanderTek/

When you have an anomaly discovered using a satellite and then equip a BTDT scanner, turn it on and open the scanners window, how do you switch between detected targets? I'm trying to figure out how to use it to pinpoint detected targets at KSC before sending probes off.. Also can anomaly locations be displayed on the [game] map or as targets or something somehow, or do you have to try to translate the ScanSAT map onto the ground manually to figure out where to land?

The MapResourceOverlay mod can put anomaly markers on the surface of the planet in the map view, and the Trajectories mod can draw an X on your landing spot (taking body rotation into account and everything).

Alternatively, you can use the "big map" to show your vessel's orbit and the anomaly markers, but it's tricky to try to fly that *and* get the landing right (especially a propulsive landing). When using that method to explore the anomalies on Kerbin, I tried to set my orbit up to overshoot the anomaly, started re-entry, and inflated my gas bag (using the Hooligan Labs airship mod) when I was about to pass over the anomaly.

The MapResourceOverlay mod can put anomaly markers on the surface of the planet in the map view, and the Trajectories mod can draw an X on your landing spot (taking body rotation into account and everything).

Alternatively, you can use the "big map" to show your vessel's orbit and the anomaly markers, but it's tricky to try to fly that *and* get the landing right (especially a propulsive landing). When using that method to explore the anomalies on Kerbin, I tried to set my orbit up to overshoot the anomaly, started re-entry, and inflated my gas bag (using the Hooligan Labs airship mod) when I was about to pass over the anomaly.

Thanks for the MapResourceOverlay, but it seems incompatible with 0.25 and doesn't display the anomalies map.

Also how do I change which structure is targeted in the instruments window?

screenshot0.png

Hello!

Please help me with a problem. In sandbox mode everything works fine. But in the career mode I have trouble :( If I turn any scanner (scan start), then visually nothing happens ... There is not even the appearance of animation of the antenna and so on. All of the buttons in the toolbar just do not work. Click on them nothing occurs. Although if you wait and then click "analyze data", I get the glasses science. If I switch to the space center and then back to his companion, I see that the scanners are already in the open state, but the toolbar buttons did not work ...

about my os and ksp:

Debian Linux 7 64bit

KSP 0.25

ScanSat v8.0

Other plugins:

BahaSP/ KAS/

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I had TarsierSpaceTech and it was interfering with ScanSat and Kethane. Maybe try uninstalling it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello!

about my os and ksp:

Debian Linux 7 64bit

KSP 0.25

ScanSat v8.0

Other plugins:

BahaSP/ KAS/

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I had TarsierSpaceTech and it was interfering with ScanSat and Kethane. Maybe try uninstalling it?

I use MapResourcesOverlay in 0.25 just fine, and it does display the anomalies map. Ensure that SCANSat integration is enabled (in the options menu) and that you're setting it to see the anomaly overlay, and you should see some pale blue marks where the anomalies are located (e.g. KSC), both in map and flight view.

You might not be seeing the overlay because MRO only puts the overlay on whatever body is being orbited by the vessel you're controlling, and it doesn't show up in the Tracking Center view at all.

That is very strange, because here's what I see (for the same anomaly, as it happens):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

You've clearly got the anomaly scan done, and it looks like the settings are the same. If you pass the tooltip over the anomaly's location, do you see its name?

You might have found a bug in in MapResourceOverlay, in which case you should bring it up in that thread. Also, search your output_log.txt for any errors related to MRO or SCANsat. Happy bug hunting!

So I apologize if this has been addressed before. I did some quick searches of the thread but did not really see anything. I love almost everything about this mod, except when I use the Big map it renders slower than it seems like it should. Certainly slower than I have seen on other players videos.

I am running a pretty decent computer with a decent graphics card, (GTX660) and the game is running off my 250GB SSD drive. Any hints/tips to improve the big map render speed?

salvation

I have a little problem, I wanted to scan the Duna biome. that's what the poster BigMAp! I do not understand. I tested several ships, I even reset the Plan dunna rescan for no change.

You would have an idea?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Bambou ki plis

hi

I have a little problem, wanting to change the biome Duna. this is what the BigMAp poster! I do not understand. I tested several vessel, I even reset the Map of dunna rescan for no change.

You would have an idea?

http://imgur.com/a/1QwAJ

sorry for my bad english

If I understand you correctly, you are asking why there is no biome map for Duna, right?

If so, the biome doesn't work on Duna (or any other body outside Kerbi SOI) because biomes have not been added to them yet. That is supposed to be happening with the next update of KSP.

First off, I really like your work, thanks.

I seem to be having color map support issues. Also, ORSX support doesn't seem to be working with me. I cannot see any ppm data on the map whatsoever. Hotspots show up on the map for me with all resource display parts, but there seems to be zero integration with your plugin. I've tried all resource display parts from kspi and mks/oks(including the two stock antannae from the tutorial on youtube in the description of this mod).

I'm running ksp with the -force-opengl flag.

Here is a link to my output_log.txt file:

http://speedy.sh/TQagG/output-log.txt

And some screen shots:

http://imgur.com/X2Qt5J6

http://imgur.com/im1Gupp

http://imgur.com/QD8LUne

In the log with alt-f2 I'm seeing a spam message about kspi's reddish radiator load. But when I test a craft with no kspi parts I still cannot see any resource integration. If I'm not being an idiot, and this is a real issue, then my guess would be something to do with opengl. I cannot start my install without it at this point as I have too many mods and I crash instantly.

Anyway, thanks

This version is not compatible with .25 !

Steps to repeat issue : Obviously restarted game 10 times. Can only run 1 flight per session, then have to force kill game after loading tracking station because it will hard lock.

Steps to narrow :

1. Removed SCANsat , tracking station loads everytime

2. Put SCANsat back in , tracking station lock ups happen again

3. Installed SCANsat in a fresh KSP install, same issues

Log file and save

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1u45y14f50s1t0/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvuaxb8qffhzrcp/persistent.sfs?dl=0

lextacy,

We've been through this before. Don't blame mod authors until you can conclusively demonstrate that the mod alone causes the issue your describing. Many people, myself included, are using this version of SCANsat on KSP 0.25 without the problems you're having.

Start with a clean install of KSP. Install SCANsat alone and start a new save. Cause the problem, and then upload your output log (not KSP.log). Unless you have deliberately disabled logging, it exists. Read the How to Get Support sticky to find it.

The only things going wrong in the KSP.log you uploaded have nothing to do with SCANsat.

• You have an extra copy of Infernal Robotics stuffed in the 000_Toolbar folder.
  • There are a couple of repeated exceptions:

DllNotFoundException: user32.dll
HighLogic.OnApplicationFocus (Boolean focus)

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteText' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
InternalProp.OnUpdate ()

InternalModel.OnUpdate ()

Part.InternalOnUpdate ()

Part.Update ()

I finally found the player.log ! I had to show hidden files/folders by doing CtrL - H .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4efhi8625dj6gas/Player.log?dl=0

I did misinform you on when I did the fresh install part, I accidentally ran the main KSP install when I diagnosed that so ignore that part. A fresh install with only SCANsat and toolbar as mods resulted in the the tracking station loading everytime. Hopefully this player.log will help you finding what other mod might be picking at SCANsat.