[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

1 hour ago, Irishwhiskey89 said:

Don't want to hurry anyone, but is there an ETA for the 1.8.1 Update? Just asking because ScanSat is probably the best mod ever and KSP is just not the same without it.

Best regards :-)

For me the current 1.8.0 version works fine in 1.8.1, I have kerbin, minmus and eve mapped with no troubles

Just set your CKAN (if you have that) to 1.8 version acceptance and you're good to go

15 hours ago, flart said:

Waypoints isn't showed up on a BigMap on the KSC scene. (it's ok on the other scenes)

Does it possible to enable BigMap in the editor?

KSP.log

I believe the waypoints aren't loaded in the KSC scene, so SCANsat has nothing to show. This could have changed at some point, though.

And the celestial bodies aren't loaded in the editor scenes, so SCANsat can't pull any data from them to display the maps. The most that could be done might be to save the last map state and display that in the editor (which has been suggested a few times over the years), but I think that would be fairly complicated to implement.

15 hours ago, Slysix said:

Does anyone know if one can extend the ground track farther then one orbit ahead (ie 10 orbits)?

This would be very helpful for planning orbital corrections for survey missions.

Nope. It would get very crowded for one thing, it also causes some performance problems, both from the orbit calculations that constantly need updating, and from displaying all those dots. :sticktongue:

As far as I know SCANsat is working fine in KSP 1.8.1. There are some warnings that get spit out into the Unity Player log file, but I don't think those actually cause any problems, those types of warnings have been present to some degree for a long time (and in dozens of mods), though you generally needed to run KSP with the Unity debugger enabled to trigger them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am using ScanSat for some time and now I have build my first colony with KPBS and TAC-LS.

I always thought it would be possible to Scan for drillable Water but there is no such resource in the resource tab of the Scansat Map.

There is a Narrowband Water Detector from KPBS but I can only see if there is water below it. In the rightclick menu of the scanner.

Am I missing something or do I have to add something to a cfg to create such a Map or is it not that easy?

@Problemless Mods Wanter: I can not really help you with your Problem. I can only tell you that in my Satellitesetups the Scansat Antennae are always retracted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 11:40 AM, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

Hello,

The SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor starts as extended even though it is set to retracted position in the VAB.

I can not confirm that, just having deployed one of those yesterday evening on 1.8.1 with ScanSat 18.14

Maybe you have some other mods that interact with animations?

20 minutes ago, avalancha said:

I can not confirm that, just having deployed one of those yesterday evening on 1.8.1 with ScanSat 18.14

Maybe you have some other mods that interact with animations?

If nobody else is having this issue and if it's just me, then yes most probably another mod is causing this.. But I wouldn't know which one... Would it help if posted my mod list here?

@DMagic

There is a problem with the SCANtoolbar in KSP 1.8.1.  It's not visible unless you are running a debug build, which I was doing.

This is the error:

UnityException: get_dataPath is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'SCANtoolbar' on game object 'SCANtoolbar'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Application.get_dataPath()
  at KSPUtil.get_ApplicationRootPath () [0x0001d] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.SCANtoolbar..ctor () [0x00377] in <532e0c7735694646a2dba646ef08b593>:0 

I looked at the code, and the problem is in the Instantiator: 

public SCANtoolbar()
{
	if (!ToolbarManager.ToolbarAvailable)
	{
		Destroy(gameObject); // bail if we don't have a toolbar
		return;
	}

if (HighLogic.LoadedSceneIsFlight)
	{
		//Fall back to some default toolbar icons if someone deletes the SCANsat icons or puts them in the wrong folder
		if (File.Exists(Path.Combine(new DirectoryInfo(KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath).FullName, "GameData/SCANsat/Icons/SCANsat_Icon.png").Replace("\\", "/")))
			SCANButton.TexturePath = "SCANsat/Icons/SCANsat_Icon"; // S.C.A.N
		else

I  changed the instantiator to an Awake and that seems to fix it.  Submitting a PR to fix.  It's rather important, these bugs (in many mods) are causing random crashes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Noob question... Why only a small portion of the scanned map shows color?? I accepted one contract to scan Kerbin (I already  got a previous probe scanning Kerbin in orbit, but the scanned portion of the map with the new probe I just put in orbit appear as grey area (instead of showing the colors, the portion of the map scanned by my older probe appear colored). 

Any clue of what's happening?

SiXQdsv.png

1 hour ago, amarillo114 said:

Hi Noob question... Why only a small portion of the scanned map shows color?? I accepted one contract to scan Kerbin (I already  got a previous probe scanning Kerbin in orbit, but the scanned portion of the map with the new probe I just put in orbit appear as grey area (instead of showing the colors, the portion of the map scanned by my older probe appear colored). 

Any clue of what's happening?

Your two probes have different scanners.  One is a biome scanner and one is likely scanning for ore or terrain, so it's only showing the area it's covered but not the results of the scan in the biome map.

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

Your two probes have different scanners.  One is a biome scanner and one is likely scanning for ore or terrain, so it's only showing the area it's covered but not the results of the scan in the biome map.

Ouch!! Thanks a lot and sorry for the silly question! :-D

Hi,

I'm using UI scale (1.8x) that is a bit buggy in 1.8.1, as after every restart I need to go to settings and accept it to apply the proper scale.

SCANsat windows scale properly (unlike some others'). However, not just the scale, but the screen position of the windows change too. In case a window was far right or down, it disappears from the screen.

It is not a critical issue, as resetting the UI scale or editing settings.cfg brings them back, but it would be nice to keep the windows on-screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. However, it seems that 1.8.1 changed the way entries are added.

When I started using ScanSAT (actually was the very 1st mod I used because I started out on Science sandbox), it was essential only because I was having problems Alt-Tabbing out to my web browser to view the documentation. Then I discovered the "-popupwindow" command-line switch. After setting up my KSP shortcut with the switch, I just relied on the documentation that came with the mod in SpaceDock.

• 3 weeks later...

@Galland1998 The waypoints you create with SCANsat are stock waypoints, the same as you would make with the KerbNet interface. You can delete them by going into map view and (I think) right clicking on the waypoint icon itself. I don't think you can edit them (at least not without editing the save file).

There is a dev version up on the the dev thread. It is mostly meant for testing the upgrade process at this point, and you can't downgrade to a previous version without losing saved scan data, so proceed with caution.

Generally, I always use the Waypoint Manager mod but I'm doing a RSS RP-1 playthrough right now and Waypoint manager spams the log because the RSS mod confuses it since it can't find Kerbin. I was trying to find an alternate to means to Waypoint Manager.  ScanSat can create waypoints but it's hard to place them exactly where I want or edit them. 

• 2 weeks later...

So ive been running into some trouble lately with my new 1.8.1 savegame. Before on every play through i was always able to see USI/MKS resources through the scansat map plugin, karbonite etc etc. 

Yet for whatever reason they do not show up in my current play through, im wondering if something has broken with it? Or something else. 

Ive included my Player log here through drive, hopefully some answers could come from it as this is my go to mod for resources finding.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1owTwTcmLGknb86fIg_3nC8kYogruOslM/view?usp=sharing