[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

I'm running scansat v20.2 in KSP 1.10.1. Started new career & just did the altimetry, vis-lo & biome scan of Kerbin. Data was 100% & transmitted. Small map works fine but large map & zoom map are grey as if no scan had been run at all. Is this a known issue with an easy fix? If not, what do you need from me?

27 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I'm running scansat v20.2 in KSP 1.10.1. Started new career & just did the altimetry, vis-lo & biome scan of Kerbin. Data was 100% & transmitted. Small map works fine but large map & zoom map are grey as if no scan had been run at all. Is this a known issue with an easy fix? If not, what do you need from me?

you need to send a probe of some kind into the SOI of another body if you haven't; then, in the big map view, switch to that body and back, and it should be fixed.

9 hours ago, Starseeker said:

you need to send a probe of some kind into the SOI of another body if you haven't; then, in the big map view, switch to that body and back, and it should be fixed.

I ran into this problem and solved it by quitting the game and restarting.  The big map functionality returned right away. YMMV

4 hours ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

23 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

large map & zoom map are grey

Happens to me too, I solve it by changing to another scanned planet and returning to previous.

I had it too with my first mapsat in my new save. I took the opportunity to poke at the issue a little bit.

Easiest solution is to just switch the 'Celestial Body' option to anything else, and switch it back. Mine loaded and also refreshed properly after that quick state change. It appears that SCANsat gives you Kerbin and the Sun by default, so you always have another option there.

I can see this being mildly annoying though. Here's my log if anyone cares - don't mind the absolute pile of other mods. The craft names with SCANsat equipment are Eagle Eye 1 and 2, but I was viewing the big map in the Tracking Station.

Spoiler

EDIT: The webpage crashes almost instantly if I try to paste the whole log into a spoiler, so I'll just stick it on Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/986z85xlobvbict/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by saxyomega90125

On 8/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, saxyomega90125 said:

EDIT: The webpage crashes almost instantly if I try to paste the whole log into a spoiler, so I'll just stick it on Dropbox.

I would suggest you never post your log files directly to the forum.  Even the smallest of them can be painful to view on a mobile device and they can be excruciatingly long to download.  And there's that crashing thing.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, Bombaatu said:

I am having this issue too, the big map doesn't update as things are scanned.  Restarting the game seems to update the big map but it doesn't accept any more updates again.  The small map seems to be fine.

3 minutes ago, GameBreaking said:

Im on 20.2 and my map doesnt work. ive got probes in a polar kerbin orbit and i time warped until they had scanned the whole planet but my maps are still completely gray

On 8/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, Starseeker said:

On 8/27/2020 at 11:18 PM, dlrk said:

I think a localization might be missing. A right click menu on the resource scanner is "#autoLOC_SCANsat_ScanResourceDisplay". I can't finding a matching line in the en-us localization.

I see the same thing, haven’t had a chance to look for a likely candidate yet but many localisation issues are just minor typos. Have you spotted a similar entry in the en-us file, or any other language?

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

Hello.
I installed KSP 1.8.1 RSS RO RP-1 + ScanSat 20.2 from scratch, but for some reason my scanner models have not been updated, and there is no R3-B radar altimetry in VAB yet, but it is in the research tree.
I am attaching a screenshot and a list of installed mods.
The assembly was installed strictly according to the instructions.

https://imgur.com/a/m0vdkwL

Spoiler

Advanced Jet Engine (AdvancedJetEngine v2.15.0)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:v0.93)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.14.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.5.8)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.9.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.3)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.21.0)
Deadly Reentry Continued (DeadlyReentry v7.8.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.7.2)
FASA (FASA 1:v7.2.6)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.0)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.15)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.15)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1:1.4.8)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.2)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.1)
Kerbal Renamer (KerbalRenamer v1.4.0)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.11)
Kerbalism - RealismOverhaul Config (Kerbalism-Config-RO v0.9.1)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.8.1-1)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.33.2)
KSC Switcher (KSCSwitcher v1.8.0.0)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.3)
MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE (MechJeb2-dev 2.10.0.0-991)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.2)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.7)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.4.4)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.8.3)
Procedural Fairings - For Everything! (ProceduralFairings-ForEverything v0.3.0)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.1.0)
Real Antennas (RealAntennas v1.2.1)
Real Fuels (RealFuels rf-v12.8.4.1)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.1)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v18.1.3)
Real Solar System Textures - 4096 x 2048 (RSSTextures4096 v18.3)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8)
RealHeat (RealHeat v5.1)
Realism Overhaul (RealismOverhaul v12.8.1)
Realistic Progression One (RP-1) (RP-0 v1.6)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.2.1.1)
RO Capsules (ROCapsules v1.2)
RO Engines (ROEngines v1.6)
RO Library (ROLib v1.1)
RO Solar (ROSolar v1.1.1)
RO Tanks (ROTanks v2.2.1)
RSS DateTime Formatter (RSSDateTimeFormatter 1.6.1.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.2)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.7.5)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.3.9)
SXTContinued (SXTContinued 2:0.3.29.5)
Test Lite (TestLite 0.3.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.9.24)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Ven's New Parts (VenStockRevamp-NewParts v1.14.2)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VenStockRevamp v1.14.2)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp Core (VenStockRevamp-Core v1.14.2)
Wernher Checker Continued (WernherCheckerContinued 0.5.12)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Update for the map data issues should be out next week. Just had an endless series of minor issues that I've found with the new update that have delayed things. :D

@omG?! The old part models won't be replaced. Any active vessels or craft files will still use the old models. The models and scanners are all new parts, most with significant difference in size and shape, so they can't really be a direct replacement.

Regarding problems with RO and maybe other planet packs. I'm thinking this may be a memory issue related to the new visual maps. An option to disable them might at least be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Version 20.3 is out; get it on Space Dock.

This update fixes some issues with the big map data not being updated, drawing visual maps of the new gas giants, along with a few other bugs and issues related to resources, and some missing localization fields.

It also includes some adjustments of part masses.

It also includes new UI features related to resource overlays including small resource overlay color legends on the big map, zoom map, and planet overlay control window. The big map and overlay control window also feature quick tools to adjust the low concentration cutoff for resource overlays and a shortcut to the color settings for the current resource.

yiFST8B.png

There is a new resource setting option to hide resources in the UI ("Hide Unused Resources" in the Resource Settings tab of the Settings window) for planets that don't have any of that resource (this is not generally an issue with stock KSP resources). For instance, if there is a resource config that sets the Mun to have 0 Ore, then all of the resource selection menus will hide Ore for the Mun. This can keep the UI from getting cluttered with useless fields when using multiple resources.

When this option is enabled the unused resources will always be hidden in the UI, regardless of whether you have scanned for resources on the planet. Since this could be considered a kind of cheat, you can disable this option. When disabled the unused resources will still be hidden, but only after scanning with either the low or high-resolution resource scanner to beyond the Scanning Threshold Level that can be set when stock resource scanning is disabled (you can disable stock resource scanning, change the threshold level, then re-enable stock resource scanning if you want to change this in the UI).

There is also a new field in the settings file to disable visual maps. This could be useful for people having performance and crashing issues with SCANsat v20.x. If disabling visual maps solves the issue then it is a good sign that there are memory problems, as the visual map feature can consume a significant amount of memory.

This field can be found in: GameData/SCANsat/PluginData/Settings.cfg. The file may not be present until you run KSP at least once with SCANsat installed. The field to change should be at the bottom of the list: VisibleMapsActive, set this to "VisibleMapsActive = False" to disable visual maps. There is no in-game method to change this setting.

@DMagic I updated this morning. Whenever I shift scenes I'm getting the SCANsat overlay settings.  Closing it and switching to another ship (pops up here, too) out of physics range and returning to the first ship and it comes back.  1.10.1.  I can provide a log if you need one.

Another question.  Is there a method to hide resources that are irrelevant to my game?  I have CRP installed, but only use a fraction of the resources shown in the overlay even with the hide unused resources turned on.

54Q3E6D.jpg

10 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Whenever I shift scenes I'm getting the SCANsat overlay settings.  Closing it and switching to another ship (pops up here, too) out of physics range and returning to the first ship and it comes back.  1.10.1. 

Same problem here.

Solved my problem: everything was due to no-non-ro and no-non-rp0 (although I deleted them and cleaned the cache). But a new problem has appeared - a lot of unnecessary details. Therefore, I had to manually add scansat details to the config GameData \ RealismOverhaul \ RO_SuggestedMods \ SCANSat \ RO_SCANsat.cfg

PS 

I also join the question: how to make scan overlay not appear

Fourth, Scan Overlay opening whenever jumping to an active craft. Not a deal-breaker, I love ScanSat FAR too much, but I can't find a setting to turn it off.

ScanSat 20.3 on KSP 1.10.1.2939 according to CKAN 1.28.0

Edited by Onigato