[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

@linuxgurugamer I commented on Github about it. FOV is a bit convoluted, but basically the scanning map is a 360*180 array of the whole number lat/long coordinates for the surface. The FOV defines how many whole number degrees around the vessel that will be scanned.

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/release/SCANsat/SCANcontroller.cs#L2539-L2611

26 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@linuxgurugamer I commented on Github about it. FOV is a bit convoluted, but basically the scanning map is a 360*180 array of the whole number lat/long coordinates for the surface. The FOV defines how many whole number degrees around the vessel that will be scanned.

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/release/SCANsat/SCANcontroller.cs#L2539-L2611

ok, so a rule of thumb would be the higher the magnification, the lower the FOV??

Does anyone know how to remove waypoints in the zoom map short of editing files?  Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the basis of the waypoints.  If they are a feature from outside SCANSat that are just supported in SCANSat then a clue on how to remove them in game would be greatly appreciated

34 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Does anyone know how to remove waypoints in the zoom map short of editing files?  Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the basis of the waypoints.  If they are a feature from outside SCANSat that are just supported in SCANSat then a clue on how to remove them in game would be greatly appreciated

Do you have Waypoint Manager installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have partially read the thread and have not managed to find the answer to my concern.
I have a satellite composed of the most advanced that the MOD offers in order to get the best possible from the mapping of one of the celestial bodies, with all its details. 
Done the job, and completed mapping, the satellite no longer has a function. 
My question is this: if I remove the satellite, do I lose the scan achieved? Do I lose the ability to get detailed big map data? 
Thank you!

On 12/1/2020 at 3:54 AM, dprostock said:

Done the job, and completed mapping, the satellite no longer has a function. 
My question is this: if I remove the satellite, do I lose the scan achieved?

No. The maps have been safely archived by R&D and you can deorbit the scanner satellite or move it to a another body.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, One eyed Smile said:

Gm3DXTD.png

6oZjLUU.png

@TaintedLion  I'm having the same issue but im on 1.9.1. How did you solve it? I don't see anything on the big map but small map still works.

I have the issue that the Anomaly is always zero% even though all the rest are at 98% or higher. Mun in this case. What am I missing in my settings?

KSP version is 1.10.1.2939 and SCANSAT is v20.4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, VoidSquid said:

You're right, @Carrot !

I have to admit, I never tried to launch one of my old ScanSat rockets since version 20.

Out of curiosity, I replaced the respective 20.x folders of the old parts folders (BTDT, MapTraq, MULTI, RADAR, SAR) with the 18.14 version, and now I can launch the rocket.

In the end, I think modifying the cfg files should do it (my experiment was just brute force), in particular the entries "TechRequired" and "category".

Can confirm.

I'm playing around with some ancient contract packs for SCANsat, which still mostly work.

Some of them have a requirement that a certain part must be unlocked, and these are old SCANsat parts that are now deprecated.

Instead of debugging these contract packs, I just re-added the old parts by restoring the original values of "TechRequired" and "category".

Why am I bothering with these old contract packs? Because some of them have an optional parameter that you can de-orbit an old satellite, for example one that completed a AltimetryLoRes, after you launched a satellite that does a Biome scan. I want to study how that works and maybe find a way to also have that in the SCANsat Official contracts, and then I'll submit a pull request.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, IanCanberra said:

I finally found out what DMagic does what scan for the contacts and anomaly detection. When I get around to to doing it as a list will put it up here. Should be in the next week or so

As best as I can work out here is the list. If I have it wrong then please update it.
Thanks in advance

scan sat contract and scanners to use

Contract Any Multispectral or Low Resolution resource
Use:
MS-1 Multispectral Scanner   Biome, Visual Low Res
MS-R Enhanced Multispectral Scanner   Biome, Visual Low Res, Resource Low Res
MS-2A Advanced Multispectral Scanner   Biome, Visual Low Res, Resource Low Res

Contract Any Low Resolution Altimetry
Use:
R-3B Radar Altimeter Altimetry Low Res
R-EO-1 Radar Altimeter Altimetry Low Res

Contract Any High Resolution Resource