[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

On 1/2/2021 at 9:58 PM, eberkain said:

how come the planet overlay and the map show different things?  

sqLEvZ5.jpg

Did you select the same resource on both maps? If so, it may be the cutoff values are different, you may need to poke around in the settings menu to make the two match up as expected.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:44 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Did you select the same resource on both maps? If so, it may be the cutoff values are different, you may need to poke around in the settings menu to make the two match up as expected.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I played around with the settings for the overlay and got something much closer to the map scans.  

Is there any way to control the resources on the list?  I am playing an MKS game and I see several resources on there which I'm pretty sure are not used anywhere.  Alumina, LqdHe3, Monzanite, Spodumene, Regiloth  

@eberkainnot that I know of, but it’s probably due to MKS (and other mods) using CRP and so scansat displays all the resources it can- I tried deleting the configs from within scansat but it didn’t like it at all.

Maybe that should be a feature request or something: a filter to show/hide resources in the overlay options to get rid of what you don’t want to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in version 1.8.1 of KSP as I am running an extensive mod pack so I am not willing to use a different version of the game and I should be running the correct version of all my mods since it seems to be a mostly stable install. I am running Scansat v20.0 concurrently with Outer Panets Mod 2.2.6 and after sending probes by cheating in sandbox mode, the display windows for the planet Sarnus is only displaying statistic. I have used ScanSat successfully on most of the inner planets and i am fairly certain I am in the right orbit (polar); does v20.0 of ScanSat work with OPM 2.2.6?

Hi! I'm using KSP 1.11 and the last version of this mod and Community Tech Tree. However, the ScanSat parts are missing in the tech tree.

The parts works fine in the vessels that already had it (I'm playing a save from the 1.9 version). But can't find them in the VAB, Tech Tree, and if I load (VAB or SPH) an old vessel with that parts, the parts are shown but I can't launch it.

Any solution, please??

Thank you!!

PS: Started a new sandbox game and the parts are missing too...

Edited by Linderoth

7 hours ago, Linderoth said:

Hi! I'm using KSP 1.11 and the last version of this mod and Community Tech Tree. However, the ScanSat parts are missing in the tech tree.

The parts works fine in the vessels that already had it (I'm playing a save from the 1.9 version). But can't find them in the VAB, Tech Tree, and if I load (VAB or SPH) an old vessel with that parts, the parts are shown but I can't launch it.

Any solution, please??

Thank you!!

PS: Started a new sandbox game and the parts are missing too...

SCANSat is not currently flagged as 1.11 compatible.

It sounds as if you've upgraded KSP recently so one suggestion is to roll back KSP to 1.10.1 and patiently wait for SCANSat to be updated.

• 2 weeks later...

hi
in the github wiki section on advanced scanning there is this in the end :
there are more advanced methods for determining the absolute best scanning orbit. These involved finding the best orbital altitude for each type of scanner given their scanning characteristics.
im kinda interested in the math behind that so wanna point me in that direction ? searched a lot found nothing ,
thanks

Got a NullReferenceException having to do with SCANsat:

Spoiler

[LOG 00:48:15.179] [SCANsat] Unloading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Mun
[LOG 00:48:15.180] [SCANsat] Error in destroying planetary map overlay:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_Overlay.removeOverlay (System.Boolean immediate) [0x00044] in <5a779e0d8edb4222b7a30eefe694c524>:0 

[LOG 00:48:15.585] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to FLIGHT =====================

Here's the full .log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8Q1Qz31ZVFxLmdrPtYcT0feXlJdr6cR/view?usp=sharing

DMagic, has there been any significant change to the SCANsat code (i.e. how the scanners fundamentally work at given altitude, FOV per altitude changes, etc.) such that the MapSatAltitude program wouldn't accurately predict ideal orbits?

As far as I can tell, all that needs doing is redefining the scanners.txt and correcting small errors in planetInfos.txt and I can get output for your fancy new scanners, but I haven't sent any satellites out yet.

There's a section of math in the program that interpolates actual FOV based on altitude, and I know that Technogeeky was debating changing how that functioned back in the day, but I've been away from KSP from some time so I don't know how SCANsat works any more.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gr@y said:

After clicking "Start scaning" on any scaner from the mod, just nothing happens.  Clicking "analyze data" works, but no data is gathered.

Game version 1.11.1

SCANsat gives you visual information via its built-in graphical interface; the scanners don’t actually yield you any Science points. The devices will scan strips of land directly underneath them as they orbit a planet or moon. To see a visual representation of the things that they reveal, click the SCANsat icon on your icon toolbar to the right of the screen (or bottom of the screen in the Tracking Station). Since they scan in realtime, you’ll have to wait for your satellite to complete several orbits before being able to see any results.

4 hours ago, lemon cup said:

SCANsat gives you visual information via its built-in graphical interface; the scanners don’t actually yield you any Science points. The devices will scan strips of land directly underneath them as they orbit a planet or moon. To see a visual representation of the things that they reveal, click the SCANsat icon on your icon toolbar to the right of the screen (or bottom of the screen in the Tracking Station). Since they scan in realtime, you’ll have to wait for your satellite to complete several orbits before being able to see any results.

The scanners do yield science points, but only after a certain percentage of the planet/body has been scanned (by whatever scan type you're using), I think. Analyzing data and transmitting will return science in rough proportion to how much of the planet was scanned successfully so far.

This is a very useful mod, fun to set up and the slope maps are useful for plotting rover courses.

It there a way to modify the ScanSat slope display in order to, say, go red when the slope is > 10 degrees? I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, leoli6 said:

Hello it seem some of the icons don't show up on the small mfd (big mfd only have icon navigation no craft icon) in rasterpropmonitor view, work fine on normal map tho... any work around or hints to fix this ?

Xf0mZVH.jpgKXwQkA7.jpg9EOLBBl.jpg

Did you make any progress in figuring out the issue?   I just recently got back into KSP and installed RPM, SCANsat and ASET on an updated, current version of the game.  I just noticed today that the icons are missing in the MFD's .  While searching for an answer, I found your post.  The icons all seemed to work properly in KSP 1.3 (SCANsat Version 18.0 - 2017-07-8)

Edited by nukeboyt

My Hi-Res altimetry scan has been stuck at 99.9% for weeks now (in-game). I've tried fiddling with the orbit (move apo/periapsis, adjust the inclination, etc.) but with no success.

Is there any way to fix this? It's an incredibly minor thing, but the completionist in me really would enjoy getting that last 0.1%...

Hi-

Coming back to KSP for the first time in years. Of course, I had to have ScanSat. It's fun and invaluable. But I'm used to the old parts, namely RADAR, SAR, Multi, BTDT. I'm muddling through with the new parts, but would love to see some documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

thanks,

Andrew

(it's possible that I have a mod that's adding these parts to ScanSat - not 100% certain. But here's an example: SG9-9MS "Meadow" Mapping Camera System.)