[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

On 6/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, TKivisto said:

I Think it would make sense to update it, since KSP won't be getting any updates on PC anymore

Hi ! i think there is version 1.12 planned. And for this mod, as it works good  on 1.11 as others says, no need to bother the dev for "cosmetic" update :)

On 6/20/2021 at 6:40 AM, TKivisto said:

I Think it would make sense to update it, since KSP won't be getting any updates on PC anymore

It's also worth noting that since 1.12 is supposed to drop on 6/24, it wouldn't make sense to update it quite yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for this mod. The mod supports Russian, but it seems that it has not been updated for a long time. I added the missing translation, it's mostly machine translation with corrections, but it should still be more understandable. I will leave a link to it, if it is not added, it may be useful to someone else

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oc1vekEOXZWnmEoc_sVP9fHqAg4T9wMr/view?usp=sharing

On 7/1/2021 at 6:42 AM, Davyd said:

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for this mod. The mod supports Russian, but it seems that it has not been updated for a long time. I added the missing translation, it's mostly machine translation with corrections, but it should still be more understandable. I will leave a link to it, if it is not added, it may be useful to someone else

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oc1vekEOXZWnmEoc_sVP9fHqAg4T9wMr/view?usp=sharing

If ou're on GitHub, you might want to put it in a pull request: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat is the repository.

1 hour ago, radit204 said:

Any plans on updating this to 1.12?

I really really love this mod as it gives a realistic scanning function, and would love to see it in 1.12 :)

Have you tried it in 1.12?  If you're concerned about corrupting a good save, you can copy your KSP directory, install the mod in the copy and give it a try.

2 hours ago, radit204 said:

I really really love this mod as it gives a realistic scanning function, and would love to see it in 1.12 :)

Im playing 1.12 with this mod and it works.

2 hours ago, Mati1268 said:

idk how to upload files on forum so can't give KSP.log

Read this article to help find the logs.  When you've found them, upload to a file sharing service, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. and place a link to it/them in your post.  Make sure the link you provide is a public share.  Avoid posting log snippets because they often don't tell the entire story (and users lie misrepresent the truth sometimes) :P and don't post the log file contents directly...they can be very large.

I can't see anything obvious (you've started the scan, you appear to be at a reasonable altitude for at least one of the sensors) but scan progress shows 0%.  The Biome scan requires daylight, IIRC, no progress will be made on the night side, but you're clearly not suffering from that.

Click on the "SCAN" part of the PAW for each scanner.  What do you see?

On 7/11/2021 at 6:53 AM, radit204 said:

If it needs updating I will do so, but I haven't seen any problems yet.

3 hours ago, Mati1268 said:

I have 1.11.2 version of KSP, ScanSat doesn't show up anything on map, when i click 'Analyze Scan' after it should scan everything, i get 0 science 

idk how to upload files on forum so can't give KSP.log

Do you have some planet packs or planet rescale packs installed? It looks like the scan status indicators on the small map are solid orange, which generally indicates being too low or too high. The SCAN menu part of the right click menu should indicate what is going on.

8 hours ago, DMagic said:

Do you have some planet packs or planet rescale packs installed?

only Outer Planets Mod, but it doesn't rescale any stock planets.

8 hours ago, DMagic said:

It looks like the scan status indicators on the small map are solid orange, which generally indicates being too low or too high. The SCAN menu part of the right click menu should indicate what is going on.

I checked the parts with rightclick, i was a LOT too high, forgot these are the early scanning things and they requier height around 75km :/

I lowered with small rest of my deltaV and it started scanning.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

To fellow KSP and ScanSat mod players:

Currently I am running KSP v1.11.2 with ScanSat v20.4.  It works well with one exception:  Anomalies are not marked on scans from multiple planets and moons.  Everything else works well but Anomalies are not marked on the maps.  Here is one for the Mun:

KSP_1_11_2_NO_ANOMALY_LOCATED_ISSUE.jpg

Am I doing something wrong or missed something?  Your assistance is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by THX-1138

2 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

Your assistance is much appreciated

Anomalies are scanned with a VS-11 Classified Reconnaissance Imager which is typically available late in the tech tree. If you have scanned with this device and are not seeing anomalies then there is possibly a bug.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Anomalies are scanned with a VS-11 Classified Reconnaissance Imager which is typically available late in the tech tree. If you have scanned with this device and are not seeing anomalies then there is possibly a bug.

Also I find that having a probe controller that can detect anomalies helps. One of them is at 48%

The orange color readout on the bottom of the map indicates that you haven't scanned the Mun with the anomaly scanner at the position if the mouse cursor over the map.

Keep in mind that the anomaly scanners require the surface to be in daylight during scanning. You can turn off this requirement in the settings menu if you don't want to deal with it.

Edited by DMagic

20 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I found out that you are correct!  Thank you for pointing it out.  I was using the VS-1 Imager instead.  Now I will need to send a new orbiter with the VS-11.

I don't know if anyone has asked for this or not, but could it be possible to get a sea level overlay?  It would be great on the biome map.  It would only need to indicate above or below sea level.

11 hours ago, mikerl said:

I don't know if anyone has asked for this or not, but could it be possible to get a sea level overlay?  It would be great on the biome map.  It would only need to indicate above or below sea level.

If possible, this would be a great feature.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, mikerl said:

One way to achieve this now is to play around with the color palette in ScanSat's Settings/Color Management section. 

You can use the color palette for Kerbin as a guide.  The color map for Kerbin uses a separate color for water/sea level - blue with the gradient getting darker - that's why it's easier to tell the sea level parts when you're viewing a hi-res altimetry map. 

You can do the same for the moons and planets you are interested in.

On 7/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, bcqJC said:

One way to achieve this now is to play around with the color palette in ScanSat's Settings/Color Management section. 

You can use the color palette for Kerbin as a guide.  The color map for Kerbin uses a separate color for water/sea level - blue with the gradient getting darker - that's why it's easier to tell the sea level parts when you're viewing a hi-res altimetry map. 

You can do the same for the moons and planets you are interested in.

If I wanted to find the ocean, then yes I would use the altimetry map.  What I want to be able to do is know which parts are above or below water in a biome, for example the shores biome around KSC.

• 3 weeks later...