[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

3 hours ago, General Apocalypse said:

If so can the great DMagic please have it update it so CKAN can pick it up ? It's a major dependency for me mod :D

If the mod is working you don't need it to be updated to use it. In CKAN open "settings/Compatible game versions" and select what you need.

2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

If the mod is working you don't need it to be updated to use it. In CKAN open "settings/Compatible game versions" and select what you need.

I can do manual install however i need to list it as a dependency for my mod AFAIK CKAN won't let you auto-install incompatible mods.

Also are you confirming SCANsat works with 1.12.2 ?

54 minutes ago, General Apocalypse said:

I can do manual install however i need to list it as a dependency for my mod AFAIK CKAN won't let you auto-install incompatible mods.

Also are you confirming SCANsat works with 1.12.2 ?

Incompatible mods is not the same that versions not updated. If ckan says they are incompatible you must not install them together, either automatically or manually . If the problem is that a dependency is some versions behind you can bypass it, if you know that it works in the current version. 

And no, I don't know if SCANsat works in 1.12

Edited by Tacombel

On 8/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, General Apocalypse said:

Is the mod working with 1.12.2 ?

If so can the great DMagic please have it update it so CKAN can pick it up ? It's a major dependency for me mod :D

Also thank you for all your hard work throughout the years. 

You can tell CKAN to allow older versions, and that will allow the install - instructions in the CKAN manual. You'll need to be cautious with that, as it's an overall setting, but it will allow you to install Scansat via CKAN on 12.x without having to wait for an update. Scansat is currently working for me under 12.1.2, in a 85+ mod install (non-CKAN), so you shouldn't see any issues with that mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Games keep freeze when turn down warp down speed while scan planets issued on KSP 1.12.2. Both Better Time Warp ContinuedTime Control mod keep freeze on scan planets when turn down warp speed. Task manager end task games.

Updated when finish scan planet don't stop wrap speed will games freeze, just save F5 then load F9 will stop warp speed no more freeze, easy fix.

cGQKLA2.png

Edited by Wolves_Hero

• 4 weeks later...

That's weird, I have no such issues but the only difference is that I don't have "Time Control" installed.

Perhaps the issue is with Time Control?

As far as I know, this mod (and DMagic Science) work just fine in 1.12.2, so it would be just fine to mark them as compatible (I'm using plenty of other mods, and I have zero issues with this mod).

Hello guys! Love the mod!
I know SCANsat is not updated yet for 1.12.2 but i have the issue where I scan Minmus with my low resolution resource scanner and the quest is not counting it as done as you can see in the images below...
Does anyone have the same issue?
Also the "SCAMresource Scanner" button, in "AUTO" tab, under the voice MODULE DEVICES (fig.2) is not switching to "running" and stays on disabled. It works only when I switch it at KSC.
This issue occurs  only for this particular situation... everything else works fine for now.

Spoiler

fig.1

q3fcpTt.png

fig.2

GvRHhcz.png

fig.3

7MZETNk.png

Edited by visssius

On 9/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, visssius said:

Hello guys! Love the mod!
I know SCANsat is not updated yet for 1.12.2 but i have the issue where I scan Minmus with my low resolution resource scanner and the quest is not counting it as done as you can see in the images below...
Does anyone have the same issue?
Also the "SCAMresource Scanner" button, in "AUTO" tab, under the voice MODULE DEVICES (fig.2) is not switching to "running" and stays on disabled. It works only when I switch it at KSC.
This issue occurs  only for this particular situation... everything else works fine for now.

Reveal hidden contents

fig.1

q3fcpTt.png

fig.2

GvRHhcz.png

fig.3

7MZETNk.png

You're using Kerbalism, and the process isn't completed yet. That doesn't sound like a problem with this mod. It looks like you just have to give it time to transmit the data, unless I'm seeing this incorrectly.

ScanSat needs more love.  It's a fantastic mod that adds new gameplay reasons to actually launch satellites that do something other than comms relays.  These are rough kitbashes of a bunch of KSP satellites inspired by ScanSat parts, which are of course inspired by real satellite parts in the first place.  Have you ever noticed how many real satellites are blocky squares and how many KSP probes are round?  Liberal use of the Near Future suite of mods as well as a bit of Probes+ and probably some BDB too, though I've resisted too much tweakscale this time.  And a hefty dose of artistic license.

133623652-fb5350c0-ec8b-4fac-a159-1176b4

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to share that I am running 1.12.2 fine with this mod included in a heavily modded version of KSP.

Still early career, so there might be bugs... but just an FYI for those seeing it is still "max version 1.10.8 in CKAN

Question:  I have a Been There Done That on a rover.  The part action window->Scan Sensor reading says Too High.  But the rover is on the ground.  It is over 2km over sea level but the terrain is higher than that.  Are all anomalies below 2km with reference to sea level?  If not, I'll submit an issue.  Or maybe it will work fine anyway and the "Too High" message is erroneous.  In which case it would be a more minor issue

2 hours ago, darthgently said:

Question:  I have a Been There Done That on a rover.  The part action window->Scan Sensor reading says Too High.  But the rover is on the ground.  It is over 2km over sea level but the terrain is higher than that.  Are all anomalies below 2km with reference to sea level?  If not, I'll submit an issue.  Or maybe it will work fine anyway and the "Too High" message is erroneous.  In which case it would be a more minor issue

It's a problem with the way the BTDT works that has never been dealt with... The part needs a full overhaul in the way it works, but it's always been too much trouble.

The only easy work around is to change the max altitude in the part config.

Fo ScanSat Kerbin/Mun/Minmus contracts to show up IIRC you must 1) unlock the relevant scanner part and 2) NOT have done more than 70% of the scan in question on the target body. So if you already scanned them then it's too late :) Of course, if you really wanted to, you could reset the scan data and scan again after accepting the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say, I've been absent from KSP since 1.7.3, and WOW, the new ScanSat parts are amazing! I always thought the old ones were a bit lacking but these new ones are incredible. Satellites actually look like satellites now and I couldn't be happier with them.

Oh and I'm using it on 1.12.2 and haven't had any issues yet.

Hello guys! Not exactly a scansat related situation, but perhaps someone here can help me.

I am in the middle of a particularly enjoyable savegame; only thing is, resources availability is horrid (my fault; setting up the new save I forgot to set abundant ore). I recall it being possible to reset the seed in the savegame, and searching the blogosphere I found this....

.... but yyeeaaaahhh... I'm not sure. Besides I would also have to change the scarcity parameters, it makes no difference if I reset the seed but in the new situarion ore concemtration and everything else remains between 0% and 5% everywhere.

Anyone have any ideia I can use?

Edited by Daniel Prates

Haven't actually tried it so take this with a healthy chunk of salt. Within one of my saves I see the following lines:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = ResourceScenario
        scene = 7, 8, 5, 6, 21
        RESOURCE_SETTINGS
        {
            GameSeed = 1402924137
            ROCMissionSeed = 1402924137
            MaxDeltaTime = 21600
        }
    }

If you want to change the resource distributions then GameSeed probably is what you're looking for. Not sure how abundance difficulty ties into it, it's probably a multiplier on top of whatever the RNG spits out or something... you could try increasing abundance first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 7:49 PM, darthgently said:

No, it's a bug, the sensors should be referencing AGL, not MSL to solve that problem, i submitted a bug report already, but I'm not sure where developments stands for the mod at this point.

Edited by RW-1

SCANsat ZoomMap -> Waypoint Selector -> entering a waypoint name, all key presses are interpreted as flight commands, engine starts, map is shown, all borked.

I did not consider that this is still a thing. Why even bother offering an input field for the waypoint  name if that happens then?

Edited by Gordon Dry

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

SCANsat ZoomMap -> Waypoint Selector -> entering a waypoint name, all key presses are interpreted as flight commands, engine starts, map is shown, all borked.

I did not consider that this is still a thing. Why even bother offering an input field for the waypoint  name if that happens then?

Not a solution, but a workaround: you can write the waypoint name in something like notepad and copy / paste into the name field. Annoying, but it works.