[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

On 9/30/2021 at 12:55 PM, visssius said:

Hello guys! Love the mod!
I know SCANsat is not updated yet for 1.12.2 but i have the issue where I scan Minmus with my low resolution resource scanner and the quest is not counting it as done as you can see in the images below...
Does anyone have the same issue?
Also the "SCAMresource Scanner" button, in "AUTO" tab, under the voice MODULE DEVICES (fig.2) is not switching to "running" and stays on disabled. It works only when I switch it at KSC.
This issue occurs  only for this particular situation... everything else works fine for now.

Hide contents

fig.1

q3fcpTt.png

fig.2

GvRHhcz.png

fig.3

7MZETNk.png

What mod is that that displays all that extra experiment info?

11 hours ago, Fihnakis said:

What mod is that that displays all that extra experiment info?

Brigadier is correct, it's Kerbalism. Lots of cool stuff in that mod, but beware - it doesn't play well with a lot of other mods. Best to run it in a separate instance of the game. That said, it is pretty amazing in terms of scope and functionality, and a lot of fun (and sometimes real challenge) to play.

How do I get this to work with RPM? I have both mods installed, but I get blank screens on the MFD and a couple of errors:

[ERR 20:23:23.940] Matrix stack full depth reached

[ERR 20:23:23.940] Matrix stack full depth reached

[EXC 20:23:23.948] MissingMethodException: Vector3d Orbit.Up(double)
	JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	InternalProp.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	InternalModel.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.InternalOnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.Update () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I've got a weird issue with SCANSat (running the latest CKAN version on KSP 1.12). I can pull up the SCANSat big map, but I can't change the view at all. It's stuck on the low res altimetry scan of Kerbin, despite my having started scans of Mun and Minmus, both altimetry and biome. Any idea what could be causing this? My particular save isn't super heavily modded, so I'm doubtful it's a mod interaction.

EDIT: Never mind, did a clean install of SCANSat and it seems to have fixed itself. Not sure what happened there, but whatever.

Edited by terrendos

On 4/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, Black-Two- said:

My Hi-Res altimetry scan has been stuck at 99.9% for weeks now (in-game). I've tried fiddling with the orbit (move apo/periapsis, adjust the inclination, etc.) but with no success.

Is there any way to fix this? It's an incredibly minor thing, but the completionist in me really would enjoy getting that last 0.1%...

Any luck with this? Currently having same problem. Lo, Multi, VisLo and ResLo all stuck at 99.9%. 

EDIT: Polar orbit was just slightly off. Fixed and hit 100% on all.

Edited by Fihnakis
It's the little things

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why contracts for OPM do not show up anymore? I have another planet mod(MPE) installed and contracts for that show up fine. I delete MPE to make sure its not a compatibility issue and the issue persists. The planets scan fine but just no contracts.

Edit: Its kopernicus addwatchdog causing it. I have posted it in kopernicus forums. If there is a solution I will update.

Edited by dave1904

19 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Anyone know why contracts for OPM do not show up anymore? I have another planet mod(MPE) installed and contracts for that show up fine. I delete MPE to make sure its not a compatibility issue and the issue persists. The planets scan fine but just no contracts.

Edit: Its kopernicus addwatchdog causing it. I have posted it in kopernicus forums. If there is a solution I will update.

I can't remember if this mod requires Contract Configurator, but if you have that installed make sure you have "SCANSat Contracts" enabled in the CC settings.  I think, as I recall, but that is the gist

6 hours ago, darthgently said:

I can't remember if this mod requires Contract Configurator, but if you have that installed make sure you have "SCANSat Contracts" enabled in the CC settings.  I think, as I recall, but that is the gist

As I said its a kopernicus cfg that causes the issue. All you need to do is delete the addwatchdog.cfg and it will work. The developer of kopernicus is aware of the issue but its part of a way bigger problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure where to ask this question, but here seems like a likely choice. I have a contract to put Bob in orbit above mountains and get 'orbit mapping data.' I'm not sure what kind of data they mean. which instrument is needed?  I tried the telescope, the S700 Scanner, the DMagic Multi Spectral Scanner, but none of them are able to give me the proper data. I have been in equatorial orbit each time. Do I need to be in polar orbit for this to work? The contract does not specify which science instrument is needed on the ship like many other contracts. Thanks.

Alternatively, is there a .cfg file somewhere which might contain information on the contract and what instrument is needed that I might peek into?

14 minutes ago, r3_141592654 said:

I'm not sure where to ask this question, but here seems like a likely choice. I have a contract to put Bob in orbit above mountains and get 'orbit mapping data.' I'm not sure what kind of data they mean. which instrument is needed?  I tried the telescope, the S700 Scanner, the DMagic Multi Spectral Scanner, but none of them are able to give me the proper data. I have been in equatorial orbit each time. Do I need to be in polar orbit for this to work? The contract does not specify which science instrument is needed on the ship like many other contracts. Thanks.

Alternatively, is there a .cfg file somewhere which might contain information on the contract and what instrument is needed that I might peek into?

That's not a default SCANsat contract. What contract packs do you have installed? IIRC the "RAD" contract pack asks for a lot of orbital experiments above specific biomes.

I often have similar issues with various contract packs plus part mods where the displayed text in the contract doesn't match the displayed text for the science part. I think it happens because of the way Contract Configurator works, the game shows the experiment "name" in one place and the experiment "title" in another place.

If you're proficient with searching, go to your gamedata folder and search files for "orbit mapping data". The Windows Explorer search tool is unreliable so I do it from a command line: findstr /S /I /C:"orbit mapping data" *.cfg . That one search might find the experiment you need, or it might give you a science ID definition and you'll then need to do a second search to see what parts use that science ID.

• 2 weeks later...

For purposes of compatibility with the DMagic Orbital Science mod, what type of SCANsat Multispectral scanner are those parts considered to be? 

Edit: Specifically the little white football looking one.

Edited by Smurfalot

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem getting it to work with RSS.  Biome and visual scanning are both ineffective.  have active contracts as well as sattelites with working parts in ideal ranges, but scans just dont do anything.

is there a patch I'm just missing other than the one that comes from RSS?