[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

• 2 weeks later...

How does this mod work? Is it actually scanning the surface to create a map in real time? Or is it simply revealing a pre-generated map of all stock planets?

The reason I ask, is because I’d like to use this mod in my upcoming JNSQ playthrough. Thanks guys!

37 minutes ago, dylsh said:

How does this mod work? Is it actually scanning the surface to create a map in real time? Or is it simply revealing a pre-generated map of all stock planets?

The reason I ask, is because I’d like to use this mod in my upcoming JNSQ playthrough. Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, dylsh said:

I dont know enough to tell you precisely how it does it but ScanSat generates its maps based on the terrain and biome map files of the planet you're scanning. In other words it works with planet packs and non stock bodies. I am using it with JNSQ right now and it works great!

As an aside, there is a small issue with the version of Rational Resources bundled with JNSQ's current release where some resources are not showing up in ScanSat resource scanning (terrain and biome mapping is fine). If you want to get going right now you may want to grab the separate update of rational resources.

https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/RationalResources/releases

@dylsh SCANsat takes all of its values directly from the game. It pulls the terrain elevation data directly from KSP's planetary generation system (which can be a little computationally expensive and makes generating the big map slow in some cases), and its biome data comes from KSP's final output of the biome map, the slope map is basically the terrain data displayed in a different way.

So it will work with any planet pack or any changes made to the biomes of stock planets.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:26 AM, PhoenixCola said:

I just preformed a full scan of Kerbin for anomalies, and can confirm that the new surface features do not appear on the map.

I wonder how feasible this is? Breaking ground is great but being able to map/scout the surface features is the biggest hole I see. 

Hi guys I'm using the 1.6.1 version of KSP and when I have the M700 Survey Scanner contract active tell me for scan for FuzzyResources but when the Scan is completed and I had transmitted the data of that scan the contract does not been completed. I want to know why this happens?

SCANsat version 18.11 is out; get it on Space Dock.

This version is updated for the Breaking Ground DLC and adds new features related to the Breaking Ground surface features. This update requires KSP 1.7.1 or higher, but does not require the Breaking Ground DLC.

The BTDT scanner can now be used to detect these surface features (known as "ROCs" internally) and display them on both the Zoom Map and the Instruments Window anomaly viewer camera.

Any area on the surface that has been scanned with the BTDT (which only works up to 2000m above the surface) will display all nearby "large" surface features (the kind that can't be picked up by EVA Kerbals). Note that this only works for a relatively small area surrounding the current active vessel, as KSP does not load surface features further away (the limit seems to be about 6-7km) or store their location. If you have an active BTDT scanner on the current vessel you also be able to view the nearby surface features in the anomaly viewer camera.

There is also a new auto-refresh feature on the zoom map (the cycle icon in the top-right). It has three settings: no refresh, 4 second refresh, 8 second refresh. (Note that at low map generation speeds with a large size zoom map the auto-refresh may trigger before the map is finished drawing, you can adjust the map generation speed in the settings menu).

Also, French translations are now available courtesy of don-vip. And some errors in the Chinese localization tags were fixed.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

4TCtjco.png

32lJUSx.png

@zeant93 Did you scan using the stock M700 scan function, where it scans instantly, requires a polar orbit and then transmits the science data? Or with the SCANsat function, where it progressively scans the planet? The SCANsat scanning method is required for contracts (the stock scanning function might work for contracts if the "Instant Scan" option is on in the settings menu and stock scanning is not disabled, but it also might not behave as expected).

Edited by DMagic

Hi! First I want to say that this is the best mod so far. Great idea to show the new surface features from BG DLC on map. The problem for me is that I cannot see the zoom map. Everything else is working fine but if I click the zoom map button (any one of them, either from the bar or from any other map) the zoom map does not appear on the screen...   I had no problems with the previous versions Of SCANsat, this is only from the last update and I wanted to see the new surface features on the map...   I have 1.7.2 with both DLCs installed, last SCANsat, MechJEB, and some visual mods. Tested with a rover with BTDT antenna and with a sat from orbit. Thanks.

I'm also having issues with the zoom map, but I'm currently on 1.7.1 with JNSQ. Did you ever find a solution Musdancat?

Also thanks for all the years of SCANSat, it's a mod that is basically a requirement for me, just adds so much to the game.

Edited by Jesse-Lacey

Testing in sandbox mode. SCANsat v18.11

When instruments panel is opened NRE starts spamming in log:

[EXC 12:12:19.906] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata.ROCS (Boolean refresh)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_Instruments.ROCCount (Boolean update)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_Instruments.Update ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_Instruments.Update ()

The instruments panel looks like this:

https://imgur.com/xQsYSf8

Trying to open zoom map throws the following error in log:

[EXC 12:51:49.263] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_ZoomMap.get_ROCInfoList ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.SetIcons ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.RefreshIcons ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.UpdateMapData (Boolean text)
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.OnClickMap (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData args0)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (.T0 arg0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.Execute (EventTriggerType id, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edited by Horus
updated info

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Horus said:

Testing in sandbox mode. SCANsat v18.11

When instruments panel is opened NRE starts spamming in log:

[EXC 12:12:19.906] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_Instruments.ROCCount (Boolean update)
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_Instruments.Update ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_Instruments.Update ()

The instruments panel looks like this:

https://imgur.com/xQsYSf8

Trying to open zoom map throws the following error in log:

[EXC 12:51:49.263] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_ZoomMap.get_ROCInfoList ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.SetIcons ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.RefreshIcons ()
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.UpdateMapData (Boolean text)
	SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.OnClickMap (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData args0)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (.T0 arg0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.Execute (EventTriggerType id, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

@Horus, Experiencing the same issue.

can you post a modlist and i'll check through to see if we have any in common.

this is my current modlist http://kerbalx.com/Tabris83/installed_mods

1 hour ago, Tabris said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Horus, Experiencing the same issue.

can you post a modlist and i'll check through to see if we have any in common.

this is my current modlist http://kerbalx.com/Tabris83/installed_mods

Here's my current modlist

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
AnimatedDecouplers
AviationLights
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
DynamicBatteryStorage