[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Uh huh.

Say, is there a launch-ready satellite in game, or do I have to build it myself? Like, what parts should I put to get it working in orbit?

There is a parts description in the first post; check it out to see all the parts. The stock game does have an example satellite, but you will have to build the launcher for it.

Say, is there a launch-ready satellite in game, or do I have to build it myself? Like, what parts should I put to get it working in orbit?

Probe core (or command pod if you're evil), solar panels, some way of propulsion and a scanner of your choice. Put it into orbit using whatever method you feel most comfortable with (make sure the altitude is below the scanners listed max height and above its minimum). Right click on scanner and start scanning.

Hello guys, I have a problem - ScanSat works all fine in Sandbox mode, however when I try career (even new one) it simply does not work. Icons appear in toolbar, parts are all available, but clicking Big Map, Small map, settings or anything with ScanSat does nothing.

Do you have any ideas what might cause this?

There is a parts description in the first post; check it out to see all the parts. The stock game does have an example satellite, but you will have to build the launcher for it.

Have a look at the Chapter 3 satellite-launch missions in my tutorial (link in signature).

why no appbar support yet? lots of mods are using it nowsdays... :P

From post #730

SCANsat is technically supported without Toolbar, any "start scan" button will activate the small map which can be used to open all other windows, but only barely.

If you want stock toolbar support I suggest starting here.

Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong, but i belive some of the instruments in the DMagic Science (Universal storage pack) can also double as Scansat instruments.

i have actually been playing around with that one a bit lately, there are radial parts for 2, the magnatometer and the btdt. and they can in fact fit in a US wedge.

was thinking about working on a couple antennas for the SAR and RADAR parts. but my animation skills are rather poor :(

yeah... it doesn't work for me, it seems to think that there are no scansat parts mounted, but i have 3 multispectral, and 3 sar's, and plenty of power

edit: updated to the beta, it works fine

Edited by Commissar

I'm having an issue getting ScanSat to work with the ORSX mods, specifically Karbonite and MKS, Scansat in it's settings isn't finding these resource packs. I'm trying to troubleshoot it but can't figure out what is wrong, did I put some gamedata in the wrong folder or something? All of my mods are up to date as of December 26th

EDIT: figured out the issue, the USI mods switched over from ORSX to Regolith which isn't currently supported by ScanSat

Edited by TThor

I'm having an issue getting ScanSat to work with the ORSX mods, specifically Karbonite and MKS, Scansat in it's settings isn't finding these resource packs. I'm trying to troubleshoot it but can't figure out what is wrong, did I put some gamedata in the wrong folder or something? All of my mods are up to date as of December 26th

More details are necessary. if all of our mods are up to date aka .90 versions, then all of the previous ORSX mods now use Rover's Regolith resource engine. This requires the dev version of scansat to work.

More details are necessary. if all of our mods are up to date aka .90 versions, then all of the previous ORSX mods now use Rover's Regolith resource engine. This requires the dev version of scansat to work.

I just came to the same conclusion after some more digging. is the Dev version stable and everything, or should I just stick with the regular version and wait for an eventual update?

EDIT: figured it out again, it looks like the Dev is mostly stable, so i think I will give it a try

Edited by TThor

Hello guys, i have a question.

I have a Mapping Sat in orbit around Duna and a Rover on the Ground.

When I switch from the mapping Satelite with the ScanSat-Map open to the rover I keep the Map.

Unfortunately, when I crash the rover and reload the Map is closed and I have to switch back to the Sat and again back to the Rover.

Is there a hotkey for the map to open?

I am not using Toolbar.

Hello guys, i have a question.

I have a Mapping Sat in orbit around Duna and a Rover on the Ground.

When I switch from the mapping Satelite with the ScanSat-Map open to the rover I keep the Map.

Unfortunately, when I crash the rover and reload the Map is closed and I have to switch back to the Sat and again back to the Rover.

Is there a hotkey for the map to open?

I am not using Toolbar.

Why not use the toolbar it makes life easier and is low overhead its even updated for 0.90

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-90-0-Toolbar-1-7-8-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

I'm loving the mod! congrats

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to change the texture of the planet to reflect the parts that you actually scanned?

Let's say you want to land on duna, when you get there the whole planet is black (or something similar) then activate scansat and when you scan a region the original texture will become visible on the planet

to give an example:

duna.jpg

maybe this could be limited to probes...