[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

All looks good to me, mate! Though I think you swapped the description of the big map projections - the polar one you said is equator-focused and vice versa. That's the only thing I see wrong here, otherwise, a great job done by all.

What's the word on SCANsat and MJ working in RPM? I saw MJ will start not breaking MJRPM thanks to a report by blizzy, but does this have any effect on it? Have you contacted Mihara to see about updating his release of SSRPM (though, I suppose it's not entirely necessary)?

But yeah, so happy to see this mod in the showcase :D Thanks for all the hard work you and DMagic put into it, it was exciting reading about the progress.

Alllright. What on earth did I do wrong? When I try to add the toolbar buttons, they aren't visible. If I try to add them to a new toolbar, they make that toolbar disappear. O.o

Edit: 'Tis something to do with my MM config. I added the MapTraq modules to all parts with a command module. Apparently, that's not working so well.

MOAR EDIT: You added parameters! >.< I'm going to guess that new "scanName" value has something to do with supporting Kethane and...other mods. >.>

Edited by phoenix_ca

Wow, I've had an old copy of the dev version for ages, kinda thought that was going to be it but woah; that is a VERY, VERY complete package you have there now. Superb, can't wait to try it when I get home in a few weeks (can't get the download from here due to the site it's hosted on).

Hrmph. Even that doesn't work right. Can someone see what I'm doing wrong here?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[SCANsat]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 0
fov = 0
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 0
best_alt = 0
power = 0.05
scanName = Eyeball Scan
}
}

The part will drain power at a rate of 0.05, but the toolbar buttons won't be visible, and the command part doesn't have any SCANsat controls via the GUI. :huh:

Edit: 'Tis something to do with my MM config. I added the MapTraq modules to all parts with a command module. Apparently, that's not working so well.

MOAR EDIT: You added parameters! >.< I'm going to guess that new "scanName" value has something to do with supporting Kethane and...other mods. >.>

Does it work ok with the standard parts, or without any MM additions?

The scanName field has always been there, just not for the maptraq, it probably wouldn't break anything if it wasn't included.

Mod does not work with RPM?

Which version of RPM, the official release?

Did you replace the SCANsatRPM folder from the official release with that included in this release? It won't work at all with the old version of SCANsatRPM.

And ORS support is right after that, riiiight? Riiiiiight? :P

ORS might come first because it doesn't have the plugin dependency issues that Kethane does. I'm going to see about coming up with an ORS overlay today, so I should know soon enough how feasible it is.

Does it work ok with the standard parts, or without any MM additions?

The scanName field has always been there, just not for the maptraq, it probably wouldn't break anything if it wasn't included.

I'll take a look.

ORS might come first because it doesn't have the plugin dependency issues that Kethane does. I'm going to see about coming up with an ORS overlay today, so I should know soon enough how feasible it is.

Woot.

With the changes from earlier editions of SCANsat, are there any changes which affect the CALYPSO scanner?

If it is just the addition of the "scanName" field then I can just copy that across from the related individual scanner?

The OP does not mention a license.

The Licence is linked under the source right at the beginning of the OP. BSDv2

Edited by Shania_L

With the changes from earlier editions of SCANsat, are there any changes which affect the CALYPSO scanner?

If it is just the addition of the "scanName" field then I can just copy that across from the related individual scanner?

Alternative SCANsat scanner parts should work fine, including the all-type scanners with sensorType = 255 field. The scanName field isn't strictly necessary, but it should be included. Without it the right-click and action group names won't be properly initialized and there is a slight chance that anyone upgrading from an existing install may not be able to analyze science data from that part. That said, just copy the scanName field from an existing part or make up your own, anything will do.

Just so this doesn't get lost from the original thread: a list of suggested SCANsat orbits.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55832-PLUGIN-PARTS-0-23-SCANsat-terrain-mapping?p=973379&viewfull=1#post973379

FYI: There is also the Ideal Altitude Calculator which is much more detailed and complete (see my signature) -- though one would have to use the software themselves right now, since I haven't published all of the altitude tables.

But I expect in the next few versions (v7 or v8) will such information (ideal altitudes, orbital resonance identification, and projection of all of the orbits needed to complete the map) in SCANsat itself.

- - - Updated - - -

The OP does not mention a license.

I'll make it more apparent. I have run out of space in the header bar, so I don't know where I will include it. But I will find a way.

I believe I have found an eater egg. I'm unsure whether it's an Easter Egg from SCANsat or the game. http://i.imgur.com/OelbaiE.png As you can see in the picture, under the continent the KSC is on there is a Smiley face in the ocean.

Please put spoiler tags around totally completed maps. I see now that my first post has the same thing exposed on one of the Big Map animations, which was a mistake on my part.

Wow, I've had an old copy of the dev version for ages, kinda thought that was going to be it but woah; that is a VERY, VERY complete package you have there now. Superb, can't wait to try it when I get home in a few weeks (can't get the download from here due to the site it's hosted on).

I know that some countries restrict access to GitHub (which is insane and horrible, but whatever). Can you access KSPforge? What other sensible location can I put the binary so you can get it sooner?

The only thing that is necessary to use RPM, to my knowledge, is to have the latest version (0.16) installed.

Then, as long as your Kerbal Space Program\GameData folder has the relevant folders like so:

• JSI
  • SCANsat
  • SCANsatRPM

Then it should work. RasterPropMonitor expects SCANsatRPM version 0.0.0.0 (which it is), and the included SCANsatRPM expects SCANsat version 1.0.6.0 (which it is).

If you are still having problems, please (carefully, with backups) delete JSI, SCANsat, and SCANsatRPM and try again.

RPM support is important to us at SCAN, so we want to make sure it is working right.