[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

13 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

That's strange.  The only time I've seen that sort of thing is when you intersect another SOI--and Scansat birds shouldn't be high enough for that to happen.  (Although you do have to be careful with tiny moons, sometimes you're forced to put a Scansat bird in way too low an orbit.)

all of them were in stable inclined 500k to 350 k Kerbin orbits

• 2 weeks later...

NEED Help!

Got the mod installed correctly but Clicking the SCANSat Icon button does nothing for me?  Doesn't open any windows or Maps... 

I have many other mods installed and work fine via their Icons like MechJeb etc..

I've installed and reinstalled to no avail?

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

TY

• 2 weeks later...

@ZedViRUS That means that somewhere in your GameData folder you have Module Manager patches that are doing something they shouldn't. I can't say what is doing it without logs, even with the logs all I would be able to see are patches that are potentially causing problems, since MM logs don't specify what each patch actually does. You can check them yourself and look for any patches that target SCANsat parts.

4 hours ago, ZedViRUS said:

If you delete the Module manager 2.8.1, it is all right. But then stop working other mods.

Not a good idea :0.0:.  You definitely need the Module Manager dll.

Try reading the first post in the topic below about providing logs (several paragraphs down) and see if posting that information can help @DMagic diagnose the problem.

@ZedViRUS MM is not the problem, some specific MM patches are causing the problem, you need to find those.

@Klockwork That's a new one. Those log entries only appear when the BTDT window is open?

DirectX 11 is forced on? I'm guessing that might be the problem, which I'll have to find a way to work around.

Hello

KSP 1.3, last Scansat version. I am on Laythe, looking for Ore. I can detect it on the big map, here high concentration 13%, but as soon as i launch the zoom map on the point i detect high concentration, even with" ressource overlay " selected on zoom map, i never see any Ore detection while pointing my mouse on it....What is wrong?

Here is the pointer on the big map where we can see 13% where is the waypoint Area G6NFL7

801439screenshot103.png

Here is the zoom map with no indication of Ore concentration when pointing the waypoint or anywhere around

945637screenshot104.png

Edited by gilflo

@gilflo The wiki is a little out-dated, but still accurate: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/wiki/SCANsat-Resource-Settings#top-requires-narrow-band-scanner

The in-game KSPedia is up-to-date and goes over how resources on the zoom map work. The short version is that you need a Narrow Band scanner in orbit around the planet before you can get data shown in the zoom map. There are settings available that can changes this behavior.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@gilflo The wiki is a little out-dated, but still accurate: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/wiki/SCANsat-Resource-Settings#top-requires-narrow-band-scanner

The in-game KSPedia is up-to-date and goes over how resources on the zoom map work. The short version is that you need a Narrow Band scanner in orbit around the planet before you can get data shown in the zoom map. There are settings available that can changes this behavior.

Thank's for reply. I got a satellite in orbit with M700 and narrow band scanner. I had the same problem with the map, but i am going to look gain carefully to the wiki to see exactly how to proceed

11 hours ago, gilflo said:

Thank's for reply. I got a satellite in orbit with M700 and narrow band scanner. I had the same problem with the map, but i am going to look gain carefully to the wiki to see exactly how to proceed

Narrow band scanner must be over the area you are looking at and in scanning distance. You probably need to do surface scanning also, to refine results.

On 24.08.2017 at 1:43 AM, DMagic said:

@ZedViRUS That means that somewhere in your GameData folder you have Module Manager patches that are doing something they shouldn't. I can't say what is doing it without logs, even with the logs all I would be able to see are patches that are potentially causing problems, since MM logs don't specify what each patch actually does. You can check them yourself and look for any patches that target SCANsat parts.

I'm not sure I can handle it. Maybe I will throw you installed mods, did you look?

Caveat Emptor:

The link to the "Best Orbits" thread in the OP should be removed, as experimentation seems to have shown that they may be many things, but accurate or best isn't one of them.

We don't know if the original program calculating the things is FUBAR, or if the tables have gotten corrupted, but the orbits generally don't work.

I myself am about to put a fist through the wall trying to get the original Octave/Mathlab script to run when I don't know anything about the language, so I'm officially done with screwing around with the stupid thing.

Hello there,

This is a really great mod, thank you for the work.

I was wondering, Is it possible to get all scan completed without scaning ? I would like to use all maps but i don't want to spend to much time sending probes and scanning every body. 

I tried to take a look at the file "persistent.sfs" but I don't know how to edit it. 

Is it possible to do such a thing ? And if yes, how should I proceed ?

The SCANsat contracts aren't unlocking for me.

• KSP 1.3.x
  • SCANsat 18.0
  • I've also got ContractConfigurator installed

There are 5 contracts available in the mission control building, but they have red x's and I can't accept any of them. I've unlocked the first radar scanner for the low resolution contract. The contract says all conditions are "met" - but no rewards are listed, and there is not accept/decline option.

Using v18.0 and wondering how to remove waypoints (teardrop icons set in ScanSat). I found the older WP how-to but it doesn't seem to work with the latest ScanSat. The zoom map window is different now with new icons and the teardrop WP editor I do not recognize from earlier (granted, it's been a while). Anyway, selecting the editor then clicking outside the window doesn''t work. In short: How does one remove waypoints?