[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

@UgoXT Do you have log files? Where did you download SCANsat from? How did you install it? It sounds like the problem is that it isn't installed right, as nothing is showing up.

I installed it through the twitch client. I'm also unsure how to retrieve logs, my apologies. 

1 hour ago, UgoXT said:

I installed it through the twitch client. I'm also unsure how to retrieve logs, my apologies. 

So I went ahead and checked my Gamedata folder and yep, it wasn't there. So I manually installed it and all icons appear to be there now but no map seems to be created...it just stays gray.

4 hours ago, Funpc90 said:

Hello I would like to know why mod mod does not work on my ksp in 1.6.1 yet I download the right version of the mod

Logs usually helps a lot to figure out what is issue. Where you can find log files and other good advices how to help mod authors to help you is described in this thread:

Most of time if some mod does not work for you but does work for others is some silly mistake trough install process. Log files should give some clues what went wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there

Trying to install SCANsat for a 1.4.5 RSS/RO game via CKAN and getting this error

One or more downloads were unsuccessful:
	Error downloading SCANsat v18.7: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 5.9.16.54:443

Any suggestions? Also getting problems downloading with only two other mods out of the bunch I selected to install, so CKAN is connecting to some things.

1 hour ago, strudo76 said:

Hey there

Trying to install SCANsat for a 1.4.5 RSS/RO game via CKAN and getting this error

One or more downloads were unsuccessful:
	Error downloading SCANsat v18.7: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 5.9.16.54:443

Any suggestions? Also getting problems downloading with only two other mods out of the bunch I selected to install, so CKAN is connecting to some things.

might be using Spacedock for CKAN - and Spacedock is down. Issue is known and being worked on. can still manually install if available from curseorge or git (check OP)

45 minutes ago, Eridan said:

SpaceDock is (temporarily) down - NF in CKAN uses SpaceDock. You need to manually install from GitHub for now.

This is working fine for me in the latest version of KSP.

I do have a small issue though.  I can't get the big map view to just display biomes.  It used to do that but then I clicked some button and it then displayed an overlay on the big map of resources that I can't get rid of.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MassoudGL said:

I run this mod currently, will it be updated for Breaking Ground?

Probably, but give moders some time for it, some was not even being able to download new DLC yet. It will probably need only to discover location of new "anomalies" or whatever it is called those new fancy ground stuff to explore (new trees, crystals and such). There is even small chance that SCANSAT would be able to detect them without any update, if new anomalies shere the same object class names as previous stock anomalies.

Time will tell, be patient and enjoy stock game for a bit, until all mods catch up with latest KSP release.

29 minutes ago, subyng said:

I'm using the multi spectral imaging platform, which according to the description in vab, can scan both biome and terrain? How I can switch scanning modes? Thanks!

You don't need to. You only need to choose what kind of map view you want at the moment. You can choose Altitude map or Biome map.

I usualy use earliest (worst) available scaner for altitude maping first. More advanced scaners become available in my career game much sooner than first deep space probes arrive to Duna or other more distant celestial bodies. And always have to abandon career game due to cool updates that I don't want to miss and start new game.

6 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

You don't need to. You only need to choose what kind of map view you want at the moment. You can choose Altitude map or Biome map.

I usualy use earliest (worst) available scaner for altitude maping first. More advanced scaners become available in my career game much sooner than first deep space probes arrive to Duna or other more distant celestial bodies. And always have to abandon career game due to cool updates that I don't want to miss and start new game.

But when I switch to terrain map nothing is being scanned. Only the biome view shows anything. 

I am using the latest version of SCANSat.

Edited by subyng

8 minutes ago, subyng said:

But when I switch to terrain map nothing is being scanned. Only the biome view shows anything. 

So you get anything on slope map ? If you do, you don't even need altitude monochrome map. IIRC, you should get slope map from both scaners.

The multi-spectral scanner does not scan for terrain, only the RADAR and the SAR altimetry scanners reveal terrain.

Unless the multi-spectral scanner's description has changed at some point, it only indicates that it scans for biomes and to "differentiate between terrain types", which is admittedly a little bit of a confusing term, but basically is being used to mean biomes.

10 minutes ago, DMagic said:

The multi-spectral scanner does not scan for terrain, only the RADAR and the SAR altimetry scanners reveal terrain.

Mix-up SAR and multi-spectral scanner, seems that was passed way too long time since I was able to properly play KSP.

Edit: whoops, I was looking at the KERBNET details, not Scansat. My bad!

Not the flavour text description, but the description that comes up when you right click a part in the VAB part picker shows:

Scan Modes:

Terrain

Biome

Edited by subyng