DMagic

[1.7.3] SCANsat [v18.13] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [August 21, 2019]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello @DMagic,

after updating to the latest version, the button to open the zoom map does not work. The zoom map does not open.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata.ROCS (Boolean refresh) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_ZoomMap.get_ROCInfoList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.SetIcons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_ZoomMap.setMap (ISCAN_ZoomMap map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_ZoomMap.Open (Boolean v, Double lat, Double lon, SCANsat.SCAN_Map.SCANmap m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.SCANappLauncher.set_ZoomMap (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_Toolbar.ToggleZoomMap (Boolean isOn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (Boolean args0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (Boolean arg0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.Set (Boolean value, Boolean sendCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.Set (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.set_isOn (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.InternalToggle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

 

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hraban Is this in Sandbox mode? I think there might be an issue where it checks to see if the surface features have been scanned with the robot science arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@hraban Is this in Sandbox mode? I think there might be an issue where it checks to see if the surface features have been scanned with the robot science arms.

@DMagic

Yes, it's a sandbox mode Game. However, the error occurs in any constellation that allows access to the map selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCANsat version 18.13 is out; get it on Space Dock.

This update fixes some more errors related to Breaking Ground surface feature detection, particularly when running in Sandbox mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DMagic

Thank You! Works fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, DMagic said:

I like both of these ideas and am adding them to the GitHub tracker so I won't forget them. They should both be doable, just probably not right now. :D

Thanks for the response, love your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi @DMagic while playing earlier it appears I've accidentally moved the map window off of the edge of the screen. I can't seem to find any way to move back. Is it possible to set the windows back to their default position?

Edit: Actually this doesn't seem to be it at all. I found the restore default position option, but it appears that the zoom map is missing entirely. Anyone know a fix for this? I've seen a few others in this thread with this same problem. It wasn't missing the whole time I've had this mod. It just suddenly disappeared during gameplay and I thought I accidentally moved it off the screen. Playing in 1.6.

Edit 2: Switching vessels seems to have fixed it.

Edited by cosekantphi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey for GPS and scan sat do i need an direct antenna ore relay antenna ore no antenna to use it with maned and unmanned vessels?

 

and combine the sat ore use the GPS satellites separate of the scan sat satellite

 

thx in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyas,

I'm running 1.6.1 w/ RSS and SCANsat 18.10, just hit 100% scan of The Moon but can't see any anomalies anywhere?

Have tried searching for similar problems here and elsewhere but can't figure it out :( Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 9:47 AM, Ancalagon said:

hey for GPS and scan sat do i need an direct antenna ore relay antenna ore no antenna to use it with maned and unmanned vessels?

 

and combine the sat ore use the GPS satellites separate of the scan sat satellite

 

thx in advance

can you please use normal formatting so your posts are easier to read? 

If I understand your questions right, yes you want an antenna on your scansat.  Either a relay or a direct antenna will do, as long as it has the range to either reach Kerbin or bounce off of a relay that can reach kerbin.  The same goes for any vessel with an antenna, as relays will still work as direct antennas.

 

I'm not sure why you're asking about GPS, since that's not included in this mod.  I suppose there's no reason you can't use the same vessel for both purposes, but generally the ideal orbits for a GPS/GNSS constellation aren't going to line up with the ideal orbits for your scansats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot see any ground tracks/scanning cones. The "Show Ground Tracks" setting is enabled. Is there something else I need to enable, or some specific situation? On the current vessel I have a SAR altimetry sensor, and it's at the ideal altitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!!!

SCANsat on CKAN ( 18.13) NOT work in KSP 1.8 ( MHE - BGE )

S.C.A.N. Slope Map no work ( It does not allow you to change the map type or the observed celestial body. )

KSPedia no work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dprostock Not sure how long you have been using mods but they never work after a major patch. And it’s considered rude to state the obvious so soon after an update

Edited by Kwarazi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kwarazi said:

@dprostock Not sure how long you have been using mods but they never work after a major patch. And it’s considered rude to state the obvious so soon after an update

Yep. I don't know why, but every time you get noticed a problem, it seems like you're demanding when you really want to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demanding updates wouldn't be helpful. But pointing out the errors with a new KSP release is helpful, though I already knew about them, in this case. :wink:

I'll probably release a quick update to fix the errors, it seems like a simple recompile of the mod should be enough.

For KSPedia I'll probably hold off, since a much more significant update is in the works, and it will required some new entries for KSPedia.

 

On that note, do a lot of people who use SCANsat for resource scanning, and who use resource mods, only use the stock Narrow Band Scanner for all high resolution resource scans? Or do people use different scanners for different resources (ie one scanner for water, another for dirt, another for metal ore, etc...)?

The MM patches that are included with SCANsat only add resource scanning functions to the stock parts, but other mods might be different (I know that DMagic Orbital Science includes some of these individual scanners, but the others that I know of just use the stock scanner).

It would be much simpler, and have some performance improvements and reduce the amount of storage space used by SCANsat maps in the save file, if I could collapse all high resolution resources into a single scan type. Also, the number of scan types is limited and there are now tons of resources used by other mods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dprostock said:

Yep. I don't know why, but every time you get noticed a problem, it seems like you're demanding when you really want to help.

Considering the fact that the mod author commented about 1.8 literally 1 post before yours, I can understand how people would sigh. ;) 

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Demanding updates wouldn't be helpful. But pointing out the errors with a new KSP release is helpful, though I already knew about them, in this case. :wink:

I'll probably release a quick update to fix the errors, it seems like a simple recompile of the mod should be enough.

For KSPedia I'll probably hold off, since a much more significant update is in the works, and it will required some new entries for KSPedia.

 

On that note, do a lot of people who use SCANsat for resource scanning, and who use resource mods, only use the stock Narrow Band Scanner for all high resolution resource scans? Or do people use different scanners for different resources (ie one scanner for water, another for dirt, another for metal ore, etc...)?

The MM patches that are included with SCANsat only add resource scanning functions to the stock parts, but other mods might be different (I know that DMagic Orbital Science includes some of these individual scanners, but the others that I know of just use the stock scanner).

It would be much simpler, and have some performance improvements and reduce the amount of storage space used by SCANsat maps in the save file, if I could collapse all high resolution resources into a single scan type. Also, the number of scan types is limited and there are now tons of resources used by other mods. 

Good! 

My thing is to help, not impose myself. But I have a feeling that there are those who seem to be annoying in some way.

In particular I use the scan to look for minerals, but I have noticed that there are many people looking for other combustible elements by the mods they use. 

6 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Considering the fact that the mod author commented about 1.8 literally 1 post before yours, I can understand how people would sigh. ;) 

I didn't understand it that way, and I shared the situation that came to me. Is it so terrible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.