[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

anybody else getting 

invoked member not a member of dynamic module

everything was going fine got to the part where i started getting contracts for scanning. and this error would flash whenever i hit the scan button for any of the sensors. 

so 

alone scansat works fine

but scansat,  usi_tools you get this

[EXC 09:37:26.922] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
    System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
    SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
    SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_Instance ()
    SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable ()
    SCANsat.SCAN_Toolbar.SCANtoolbar.OnDestroy ()

if you install blizzy's toolbar it works again. so somewhere scansat and usi are fighting for the same stock toolbar spot seems like or there is some kinda hidden dependency on blizzy's toolbar. 

so scansat blizzy's toolbar usi_tools works 

scansat usi_tools hit the scan button you get the above error. 

It's a error, when the dev-Build of ContractConfigurator is installed. The hook for blizzy's toolbar doesn't like the new ConfigurationManager code anymore and throws an error.

It's a five line code change found here: https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/pull/39

I'm using v16.9 in 1.2 and I found that my SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor did not have the extend option after launch. (only have the option of Start Scan and Analyze data, no respond for Start Scan) Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, Musedz said:

I'm using v16.9 in 1.2 and I found that my SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor did not have the extend option after launch. (only have the option of Start Scan and Analyze data, no respond for Start Scan) Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Seconded, just hit this issue as well.

Uninstalled contract configurator (as part of figuring out why my toolbar was busted) and toolbar and Start Scan button now work.

Looks like CC pooches the UI in several ways currently.

Edited by Baladain
update

In fact it seems that CC is one of few mods that are updated correctly. There is an issue in some api code that nightingale found awhile ago but the fix has not taken the round yet. Modders have to update their mods(toolbarwrapper).

For the ScanSat issue with parts not working: Install latest Toolbar API from blizzy and ScanSat will work as intended.

5 hours ago, Farix said:

Apparently, Contract Configurator breaks ScanSat (prevents scanners from activating). When I reported the problem on GitHub, @nightingale blames it on @blizzy78's Toolbar, even though the toolbar wasn't installed.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/590

I get this too, if SS and CC are installed I can't extend the scanning instruments, take CC out they work again.  No Blizzy Toolbar either.

11 hours ago, Farix said:

Apparently, Contract Configurator breaks ScanSat (prevents scanners from activating). When I reported the problem on GitHub, @nightingale blames it on @blizzy78's Toolbar, even though the toolbar wasn't installed.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/590

No if you read what Nightinggale said ... he blamed it on the part of code ScanSat has to use Toolbar.

had a scan kerbin for low resolution altimetry scan contract but was telling me to use one of my comm sats already in orbit. might want to drop the you HAVE to use that entity to finish the contract. Kinda hard to land something never meant to come back to add a scanner to it hehe. 

otherwise things seem to be doing okay with the new fixes so thanks.

yeah and now it wants me to deorbit my commsat hehe.  

Edited by COL.R.Neville

Right clicking on the big map while IVA causes the big map to become invisible.  I can still interact with it (in at least one way) but I cannot see it.  Specifically I can right click again where the big map used to be to cause the zoom map to appear.  Clicking on the Big Map button on the small map will not cause the big map to become visible again (it does toggle whether or not i can interact with it though... so it is opening and closing the big map, i just cant see it).

Once the big map is invisible it remains invisible for all vessels on that save file whether i am IVA or using the outside camera.  It does not affect other save files and it does not affect the ability to see the big map from the space center.  I can make the big map reappear by repeatedly right clicking around while IVA (as long as the big map is "open" but invisible).  I do not know specifically what causes it to reappear, it seems random to me.

I tried removing the RPM mod but the vanishing map still occurs while IVA.

link to output_log.txt : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzsZI1NOlHQpMFNseWQ3dzhuRUU

Edit:

For some reason google drive is not letting me share the output_log.txt.  I'll try again once I'm done with my studying

Edited by Uberns
added info about output_log

@Uberns Open the Settings window (through the small map, or through the Toolbar menu button) and press the "Reset Window Positions" button, it should put the big map back where it's supposed to be.

I see the same thing happen in IVA, I assume it has something to do with the way that the right-click is sticky in IVA, but I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit: It seems to have moved the map to a screen position of -10000, -10000, and further random right clicking seems to bring it back on screen, very odd...

Edited by DMagic

On 10/23/2016 at 3:20 PM, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I get this too, if SS and CC are installed I can't extend the scanning instruments, take CC out they work again.  No Blizzy Toolbar either.

need to reread and this and listen to those who have been working with this problem like @Mordrehl they are right about the cause.

Did anyone notice a change in that the contract no longer displays a progress % anymore.  Not sure if it's a bug on my end, a bug in the code, or if it's an intentional change.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's working now. It started displaying at 15% out of 75%

New question then, scansat hasn't been obsoleted by Kerbnet right? I see that it replicates some of what this mod does, but not everything.

Edited by sardia

@thesandbar SCANsat's MM patch for the CRP resources will need to be updated. It is still pointed at the old MKS Planetary Survey Camera and needs to be set to the stock Narrow-Band Scanner. The MM patch can be found in the GameData/SCANsat/MM_Parts/SCANsat_Resource_Scanner.cfg file.

It does allow the creation of maps through orbital scanning over time instead of just sticking the sat in a "polar orbit" and clicking a button for a near insta scan. But yea, now that you mention it, it does seem a bit redundant now. At least for what I used it for, getting a biome map.

i think this is everything outta the crp. I made this awhile back wouldnt mind a second set of eyes to let me know what I'm missing

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSCANresourceScanner
        sensorType = 524288 //m700 equivalent
        fov = 5
        min_alt = 0
        max_alt = 750000
        best_alt = 250000
        scanName = Scan For All Resources
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 1.5
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSCANresourceScanner
        sensorType = 468828032
        fov = 5
            min_alt = 0
            max_alt = 750000
            best_alt = 250000
        scanName = KSPI LaunchPad Resource Scan
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = SCANresourceDisplay
        sensorType = 4096
        ResourceName = Alumina
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 33554432
        ResourceName = Borate
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 1048576
        ResourceName = Hydrates
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 2048
        ResourceName = Monazite
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 134217728
        ResourceName = SaltWater
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 268435456
        ResourceName = Silicates
    }    

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 512
        ResourceName = SolarWind
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 1024
        ResourceName = Uraninite
    }    

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 8192
        ResourceName = Water
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 256
        ResourceName = Ore
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 128
        ResourceName = MetallicOre
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 32768
        ResourceName = Minerals
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 65536
        ResourceName = Substrate
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 2097152
        ResourceName = Gypsum
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 4194304
        ResourceName = RareMetals
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 8388608
        ResourceName = ExoticMinerals
    }

MODULE
    {
        sensorType = 16777216
        ResourceName = Dirt
    }

pretty sure that the m700 524288 gets anything stock plus the karbo stuff (if its installed) automatically. 

the 468828032 sensor type is the bitmask sum of everything else. 

been using this for awhile now havent noticed anything missing. 

the old mks antenna was a survey camera so the m700 is the equivalent not the narrowband right? 

Edited by COL.R.Neville