[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@MWSin Did you disable background scanning (which is really all scanning, as there aren't different methods for scanning from an active vessel)? Check the Settings Window, Background Settings tab.

Background scanning was on, but I guess I had turned off background scanning specific to Kerbin. Didn't know that was an option, so I don't know why I would have even clicked that. Been playing very little recently, and on a mostly vanilla install, so I'm having to learn how to configure mods again.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

For Some Reason I Cant Get A Biome Scan On The Mun. I have all 3 Sensors In Orbit At The Correct Altitude+ the Stock One. But When i Try To Select The Biome Map Of The Mun It Just Give Me Gray

It takes time.  You put the scanner at an appropriate altitude and it scans what it flies over.  It will take many orbits to cover the target and note that it will never scan latitudes beyond your orbital inclination.  Thus it needs to be in a polar orbit, within a degree or two.

Hmmm... a complete biome sweep of Minmus with the multispectral sensor has revealed only two anomalies. One has already been investigated and found to be Monolith1, a standard Munolith.

Is there a setting I have to enable to track the Randolith with Scansat, or should it find it automatically?

Edited by MaverickSawyer
wrong bdy!

Found The Issue, The Multi Spec Scanner Was Shifted Into A WAAAAYYY To High Orbit After Apparently Hiting Some Debris Field And Suffering Damage (I Have Alot Of Mods For More Realistic Debris Stuff) Any How, Not Your Mod, But My Inablity To Keep Track Of My Probes, Sorry For The Trouble

31 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I don't know how this Apollo 7 contract with ScanSat agency flag comes into account - it also got a logical error:
PUzOKrB.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl7nb7hzhh2kfra/2017-07-30-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Are you sure it's a SCANsat contract? The agency's name doesn't necessarily matter. I have SCANsat, but no Apollo contracts there (or Vostok, for that matter).

9 hours ago, Vorg said:

Anyone notice the kerbal in that screen shot is missing his head texture?

This is what happens to kerbals who spend too much time in the nuclear reactor room!

On another note, I've noticed a strange issue with SCANsat and The Gold Standard: when I select Gold Ore in the big map mode, it doesn't show up. Instead, the previously selected resource is shown. The planetary overlay works though as well as that mod's other resource, Unobtainium. I suspect they problem is on the Gold Standard's side (and I reported the bug there), but just in case, letting you know.

@/not/pol/ The data is stored in the save file, but it is compressed and so it is not a good idea to try to modify it.

If you want to fill in maps you just need to add a line to the settings file, then go to the Data Management tab of the Settings window, there will be a drop down menu to select which scan type you want to fill in, and two buttons for filling in the current planet or all planets.

The settings file is at /GameData/SCANsat/PluginData/Settings.cfg

Add the line:

CheatMapFill = True

anywhere in that settings file (the file will only be generated after you run SCANsat once, it isn't included in the download package).

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@/not/pol/ The data is stored in the save file, but it is compressed and so it is not a good idea to try to modify it.

If you want to fill in maps you just need to add a line to the settings file, then go to the Data Management tab of the Settings window, there will be a drop down menu to select which scan type you want to fill in, and two buttons for filling in the current planet or all planets.

Add the line:

CheatMapFill = True

anywhere in that settings file (the file will only be generated after you run SCANsat once, it isn't included in the download package).

Thanks. only reason i said it was tedious is because for whatever reason 4 of my sat's that were in stable orbit went absolutely haywire. 3 of them went into suicide orbits without ever touching them and one went out into solar orbit.

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

Add the line:

CheatMapFill = True

I have ran KSP with ScanSAT installed multiple times now but there is no settings file.

@/not/pol/ Is it installed in the correct location? Do you have log files?

If the settings file is not getting saved then something is very wrong. And you would also never be able to change any of the settings, since they would always be getting reset to their default values.

Just now, DMagic said:

@/not/pol/ Is it installed in the correct location? Do you have log files?

If the settings file is not getting saved then something is very wrong. And you would also never be able to change any of the settings, since they would always be getting reset to their default values.

i have not tried messing with the settings. and its pretty damn hard to install a mod incorrectly. ScanSAT folder in Gamedata right where it should be

11 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Then I'll need to see log files.

hang on

EDIT: Opening the output log to copy the contents over soft-crashed windows explorer. might take more then a minute..

EDIT2: going through the logs myself did not show anything erroring in relation to scansat.

Link

Edited by /not/pol/

KSP 1.2 is the problem.

Please specify if you, or anyone else, is asking for support for an out-of-date version of the mod.

I think there is a similar mechanism available for filling in the maps in v16, maybe in the SCANcolors.cfg file, but I'm not sure if the line that needs to be added is exactly the same.

3 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

Thanks. only reason i said it was tedious is because for whatever reason 4 of my sat's that were in stable orbit went absolutely haywire. 3 of them went into suicide orbits without ever touching them and one went out into solar orbit.

That's strange.  The only time I've seen that sort of thing is when you intersect another SOI--and Scansat birds shouldn't be high enough for that to happen.  (Although you do have to be careful with tiny moons, sometimes you're forced to put a Scansat bird in way too low an orbit.)