[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

I'm hoping for something tonight, my Jool window is soon! :D

I decided i wouldn't look at the biome map with cheats. I'm patient like that !

*Hour Later Edit : YAY Thank you so much :D

Edited by Mokmo

Version 8.1 is up, get it on Kerbal Stuff

The biome issues in 0.90 have been fixed.

Orbit overlays with the first tier tracking station have also been fixed and no longer cause NRE spam (this is still an issue with the dev version). No orbit overlays are drawn until you upgrade to the second tier station.

ORSX is still supported in this version; there is no Regolith support.

Version 8.1 is up, get it on Kerbal Stuff

The biome issues in 0.90 have been fixed.

Orbit overlays with the first tier tracking station have also been fixed and no longer cause NRE spam (this is still an issue with the dev version). No orbit overlays are drawn until you upgrade to the second tier station.

ORSX is still supported in this version; there is no Regolith support.

Ok, I am confused. Does ScanSat scan for Karbonite on planets as of 8.1? I understand that the orange balls no longer appear, but should their be an overlay in my big map screen that allows me to view karbonite concentrations? I have both mods and they are the most recent versions and I was under the impression that I should be able to see an overlay. Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks

V8.1 is making my scansat satellites explode into many pieces also the setting resource overlay is saying no resources found for ORS while MKS/OKS can see ORS resources. Getting same results upon clean reinstall.

V8.1 is making my scansat satellites explode into many pieces also the setting resource overlay is saying no resources found for ORS while MKS/OKS can see ORS resources. Getting same results upon clean reinstall.

Yeah, I'm getting the exploding/spazing satellites thing, too.

PLEASE help?

With no Regolith support at the moment, does this mean that USI mods like Karbonite are not fully supported? I was under the assumption that Karbonite and MKS/OKS had dropped ORSX entirely in the latest code, which would make this non-compatible. Is that correct, or am I completely off-base?

Edited by NWDogg
wording

I had scansat working with MKS/OKS with V9RC4, the hotfix update that was around prior to .9 ScanSat update. At least i think it was working the resource distribution on kerbin was very weird for all ORS resources, it was like copy paste of a bunch of tiny squares.

If you are on any of my 0.90 versions, there is no ORSX support - it's gone and deprecated.

With no Regolith support at the moment, does this mean that USI mods like Karbonite are not fully supported? I was under the assumption that Karbonite and MKS/OKS had dropped ORSX entirely in the latest code, which would make this non-compatible. Is that correct, or am I completely off-base?

Correct but the dev version should have Regolith support (we just sorted this out a bit ago) but you need the LATEST version of Regolith (0.1.1) since I had to do a biome map fix.

I had scansat working with MKS/OKS with V9RC4, the hotfix update that was around prior to .9 ScanSat update. At least i think it was working the resource distribution on kerbin was very weird for all ORS resources, it was like copy paste of a bunch of tiny squares.

You're thinking Regolith, not ORSX ;) as noted there is no ORSX in anything of mine for 0.90 - hence the transition in SCANSat which I've tested out and works a treat - so if you have v9.4 of SCANSat and 0.1.1 of Regolith, Karbonite and MKS and all other USI things will work correctly with pretty biome-centric resource maps.

Ok stupid question. I did a search for hotkeys with no luck. I don't currently have the toolbar mod installed in my .90 install. I just loaded the latest scansat dev release, which is scanning great btw. But without the toolbar how do I get the map to come up easily? Is there a hotkey? I can get the small map up by stopping a sensors scan then starting it again, but outside of that I can't seem to get a button anywhere to show up to toggle it.

Thank you for the update! This is one of my must have mods, and now I can scan all the things again!

Agreed. This and RPM are my too favorite mods. It makes landings everything they should be. I love using the scanner to find a good landing zone, then actually trying to land there. lol

Thanks for the effort keeping this mod up-to-date for us all. We appreciate it. :cool:

Scansat doesn't support the stock toolbar at this time. If you don't install blizzy's toolbar, you have to use the right click menu to open the maps.

I guess that is my confusion as well. Right clicking on any scansat module does not have the open map option.