[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

You have a narrow band scanner on those vessels too, right?

That's an interesting bug. It's deactivating the SCANsat module on those parts, which removes the Ore scanning module from the SCANsat sensor, but doesn't affect any of the other modules.

You can fix this for now by finding the resource scanner module manager config (GameData/SCANsat/MM_Parts/SCANsat_Resource_Scanner.cfg) and editing or removing the narrow-band scanner config. The narrow-band ore scanner is the first config in that file. You can either delete that config or change the activeModule line to true.

You'll probably have to cycle the resource scanner on and off to get the ore scanning working after fixing the config files.

Edited by DMagic

This is normal, Karborundum isn't supported by SCANsat. When it detects a planetary resource that isn't supported this warning shows..

Oh ok, I was not aware that one was not supported. Thanks for the response. :)

You have a narrow band scanner on those vessels too, right?

That's an interesting bug. It's deactivating the SCANsat module on those parts, which removes the Ore scanning module from the SCANsat sensor, but doesn't affect any of the other modules.

You can fix this for now by finding the resource scanner module manager config (GameData/SCANsat/MM_Parts/SCANsat_Resource_Scanner.cfg) and editing or removing the narrow-band scanner config. The narrow-band ore scanner is the first config in that file. You can either delete that config or change the activeModule line to true.

Yes, both part are on those probes, and I stumbled upon why I had data from kerbin: I activated the narrow band on that sat, but not the others. I didn't even realize I'd activated the narrow on the kerbin one :/ Crazy bug for sure, but the basic "workaround" is activating the narrow band.

Also realized I need the MKS orbital camera (MKS_Antenna part) to zoom in on the other resources, so I tested out the survey scanner with the MKS part. The MM patch for the MKS part doesn't kill the survey's ability to scan those other resources. Active module vs. not?

Would it be possible to do something to the tick marks that indicate when you will cross the equator to make it clear which of them are for the next few orbits and which are in a dozen orbits time perhaps fade the colour or alter the size?

Or perhaps vary how many are displayed.

My current Mun mapping is showing lots of ticks all very evenly and finely spaced but I can't trell if subsequent orbits are going to be overlapping with places I have already scanned while there are still big areas that haven't been scanned at all.

DMagic - first off man - I love your mods and use many of them and especially love the game aspects that ScanSat brings to KSP. Thanks for all your hard work on everything you do.

Now to the weirdness...

It is possible that it is something going on with my setup since I have a VERY heavily modded game (105+ at last count) but a weird thing I noticed just tonight for the first time. The MechJeb integration with choosing a landing site via the ScanSat map is no longer an option. I hadn't noticed it since I haven't had to do any real precision landings until tonight but when I went in to try and land a few meters off of a Mun base the MechJeb target choice integration was no longer there. And I don't mean working - I mean, the choice to have MechJeb integration wasn't even appearing in the setup options. I tried re-installing ScanSat and MechJeb both but to no avail. There's nothing showing up anywhere in any logs nor do I have an Exception Detector messages at all. I was wondering if this is a known issue with the new version of MechJeb that just released a couple day ago or if I've just somehow mucked up my setup along the way. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I double clicked when scanning back through the thread and didn't see the previous page where this is listed as a known issue now...

Edited by rasta013
Nevermind...

Is this an issue with SCANsat or is it MechJeb or is it Waypoint? Just trying to direct this load error to the right person.

[LOG 12:22:01.817] Load(Assembly): WaypointManager/WaypointManager

[LOG 12:22:01.818] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WaypointManager\WaypointManager.dll

[LOG 12:22:01.819] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'WaypointManager' V1.0

[LOG 12:22:01.821] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 12:22:01.823] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.6

[ERR 12:22:01.823] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies

[ERR 12:22:01.935] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANmechjeb': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANmechjeb.SCANmechjeb' from assembly 'SCANmechjeb, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[LOG 12:22:01.985] VesselModules: Found 1 VesselModule types

[LOG 12:22:01.991] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'

[LOG 12:22:02.017] [ModuleManager] Adding ModuleManager to the loading screen 2

Went to github, not exactly sure what all to do there. But I did see a SCANmechjeb entry, followed it and saw this:

+ <Reference Include="MechJeb2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL">

Now that MechJeb is updated, perhaps this needs to be Version=2.5.1.0

Can you add the biome map overlay that you can find in debbug mode (alt-F12) to scansat so we can have the same overlay as resources?

I'm no modder and so I have no idea of the feasibility of what I am imagining, but would it be possible to make an "inverted colored" scanSat overlay map over those two stock overlays that would hide those maps underneath it and reveal them when a satellite passes over them? This could solve the problem of not being able to show only portions of the stock overlays due to stock game code functionality.

I really like this idea, I once asked around to see if it was possible to do this with the planet's surface ( having an overlay of a blurred texture and hiding it in the places scanned so you can see just the bits of surface you scanned at a good resolution)

I never got an answer so I guess it's either very difficult to do, or nobody cares enough :D

Went to github, not exactly sure what all to do there. But I did see a SCANmechjeb entry, followed it and saw this:

Now that MechJeb is updated, perhaps this needs to be Version=2.5.1.0

It is, I just tried with a MechJab v2.5.0 and no error.

Yep, the latest official release of MechJeb doesn't work with this. Whenever KSP updates to 1.0.3 (and probably after MJ updates as well) I'll release another update.

1.0.3 may be not soon. Any way we can manually fix that NOW?

Yes, yes, soon enough. :rolleyes:

You can fix MechJeb support manually if you want to. You would have to download the source for both SCANsat and SCANsatmechjeb, retarget them at the latest version of MechJeb (2.5.1), make sure to update the version checking in the SCANmechjebMainMenu.cs file, then compile it. If you can't figure it out on your own from there then it's not really a good idea for me to explain more, as it would just lead to more support requests.

1.0.3 should release soon so I can update everything at once.

I don't know if this has been said, but in my install, waypoints (from contracts) sometime appear on the big map and small map on the exact opposite side of planet. Is there a work around for this?

Minor problem concerning science. Just started playing again, uninstalled/reinstalled KSP and all my mods. Brought everything up to date mod wise. When I have scanned Kerbin in it's entirety with the Radar Altimeter(Lo Res) and I go to collect my science and transmit it shows my antenna transmitting it but there is no message in the top left part of the screen like normal. All of the science is still there and no matter how many times I try to transmit it, it won't. Any ideas?

Fresh install of KSP and latest version of SCANsat.

DMagic, a request for you. Module SCANsat exposes

public float power;

which lets my plugin track the power usage. ModuleSCANresourcesScanner which you use with MM to add functionality to the stock parts doesn't expose this variable but the config node suggests that it is present. Would you mind changing ModuleSCANresourcesScanner.power to be public please?

DMagic, a request for you. Module SCANsat exposes

public float power;

which lets my plugin track the power usage. ModuleSCANresourcesScanner which you use with MM to add functionality to the stock parts doesn't expose this variable but the config node suggests that it is present. Would you mind changing ModuleSCANresourcesScanner.power to be public please?

ModuleSCANresourceScanner inherits from the base SCANsat module, which has a public float power, which gives the amount of EC per second used by the scanner.

ModuleSCANresourceScanner inherits from the base SCANsat module, which has a public float power, which gives the amount of EC per second used by the scanner.

Thanks, I didn't notice it was inherited - 2am here. I'll wack that in.

A bit of a request: Why not add an optional MM config to the download which allows us to use the Stock M700-Scanner part as a SCANsat instrument. The stock module is simply not appealing to myself, and as I'd imagine a multitude of other people, but it feels like a shame to just leave the M700 useless.

I know, this and Remote Tech 2 make for some engaging missions. I just hate having to reorganize my darn commsats as they drift slowly out of formation (VERY slow, but enough). I love doing missions that use SCANSat. DMagic, you truly embody your moniker, sir. I'm sorry, is that a pixie on your shoulder?!? No, just glitter... that stuff is contagious.