[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

I thought I had fixed the problem causing that Tylo map bug, but apparently not. Does it happen all of the time, or just the once?

The others should be simple fixes, I'll look into it.

It's the first time that I've seen that bug with Tylo, so I can't definitely answer. I can check in one of my other saves though.

Edit: In that save, I did reset data a few times for tylo while investigating and no change.

Edit2: Tried a new save (same KSP folder) and it didn't reproduce.

Edited by smjjames

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I've been wanting to get back into KSP and I've noticed something rather odd. After a few hours of playing with my installed mods, I've realized that the ScanSat mod makes me unable to preform science. Any idea on how to fix this? Right clicking or using RPM doesn't give me the option to preform Science.

Hey Guys, I've been wanting to get back into KSP and I've noticed something rather odd. After a few hours of playing with my installed mods, I've realized that the ScanSat mod makes me unable to preform science. Any idea on how to fix this? Right clicking or using RPM doesn't give me the option to preform Science.

Are you, by any chance, using the 64 bit workaround version of ksp? The right click button bug is very common with that version.

I also have a question. I use the 64 bit workaround version of ksp (1

0.4) and scansat doesn't appear to be working properly in this version. When i display the map, all buttons disappear. Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

I also have a question. I use the 64 bit workaround version of ksp (1.0.4) and scansat doesn't appear to be working properly in this version. When i display the map, all buttons disappear. Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

Yes. Don't use the Windows 64-bit version.

I'm experiencing some issue with SCANsat. I have both the MULTI and RADAR on my satellite, but they dont scan. I've tried them in several orbital alltitudes and several inclinations. Also tried a elliptical orbit with a periapsis of 70 km and a apoasis of 800 km to see if it started scanning mid-orbit some place, but no. I've used SCANsat without issue before, in the same save. Both MULTI and LO is written in solid orange in the SCANsat overlay, even though when I right-click the part, the alltitude status says "ideal". Is there any mods SCANsat is known to not work with?

I seem to have an issue connected to the newest versions of MKS and Karbonite - I cannot scan for resources - my devices are displayed as "no data" at all times, regardless of fiddling with options. I have the newest version of both MKS/Karbonite, as well as of scansat. Reinstalling it would not help, and, older versions of SCANsat do not either.

Edited by Stikkychaos

Ran into that bug again, this time with Minmus, the big map is fine, it's just the small map and the overlay that are bugged.

Edit: It fixed itself somehow on my next visit to minmus.

Kolonial%20sci_screenshot_2015-10-06--08-36-16_zpszwemy5xr.png

Kolonial%20sci_screenshot_2015-10-06--08-37-23_zps15uzoyas.png

I don't know if it has anything to do with this long exception that I get whenever I switch vessels via the map while the small SCANsat map is open.

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: input
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String replacement, Int32 count, Int32 startat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String replacement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement, RegexOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (System.String input, System.String pattern, System.String replacement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.UI_Framework.SCANuiUtil.readableLabel (System.String text, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANmainMap.scannerInfo (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANmainMap.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_Platform.SCAN_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by smjjames

Is ScanSAT equipment affected by heat? I have a spacecraft affected by the overheating bug which I've been working around with the "Ignore Max Temperature" cheat and a save edit to have enough Ec. When the craft is hot the scans don't work and the map shows static. If I enter high timewarp switching the craft to a cool state they work.

If it is affected, can there please please please be a way to turn that off? I consider the heating system a festering pile of dung and don't want it ruining my missions for no good reason.

Is ScanSAT equipment affected by heat? I have a spacecraft affected by the overheating bug which I've been working around with the "Ignore Max Temperature" cheat and a save edit to have enough Ec. When the craft is hot the scans don't work and the map shows static. If I enter high timewarp switching the craft to a cool state they work.

If it is affected, can there please please please be a way to turn that off? I consider the heating system a festering pile of dung and don't want it ruining my missions for no good reason.

Solar panels are affected by heat, especially near the sun. Were you out of power?

I'd save edited myself several million Ec. I might have had no generation but I certainly had enough power.

In any case, I was unable to reproduce the exact same behaviour later in the mission, so I'm really not sure.

Update: I just hit a similar bug with DMagic science instruments claiming to be out of Ec when they weren't. So at the moment I don't *think* this is a ScanSAT issue. Maybe there's a stock bug with excessive amounts of Ec.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen something like this--

I've tested this in three different career modes, two science modes - all on separate installs (haven't tested in sandbox yet as I don't really play sandbox anymore). In all instances, once I get to the point where I start launching ScanSAT probes to planets, after I get about 5 or 6 bodies to 100% scanned, my save starts to bug out when changing vessels. When I switch to a different vessel, the camera ends up in some random place in the galaxy (sometimes inside of a planet, sometimes inside of the sun, sometimes just randomly out in space) and I have no interface controls. The only thing I actually can do is Esc and return to the Space Center. When I do that, if I go into the Tracking Station, the UI is all messed up and the list of vessels is smashed up above the screen to where I can't select anything and even the Exit to Space Center button no longer works (I have to alt-tab out and force the app to close). Note that relaunching the app does fix the issue, but it will return before long.

As I said, this only happens once I start to do ScanSAT scans of bodies. In my testing, I've not ever run into the issue if I don't do any body scans. A few notes specifically regarding ScanSAT: I don't ever start doing scans until I have the radar, multispectral, and SAR modules. When I get those three unlocked, I make all of my satellites with those three modules and the stock M700 Resource scanner. I usually launch them in in sets for each system (so, for Kerbin I'll launch three on a single lifter and then send them to the bodies for that system - in this case Kerbin, Mun, Minmus; and then so on for each planet afterwards). The most I've ever gotten scanned before running into the bug is all of Kerbin system, Duna system, and Eve system. On that particular instance, it was when I started my Moho scanning that I ran into the problem. Probably would have had Moho at 100%, but I remembered something else I needed to do that I didn't want to forget and switched back over to another vessel. The least I've ever gotten done before hitting the problem is all of Kerbin system and Eve system.

In regards to the rest of my KSP setup: I am currently running it using the Windows x64 temp fix. I understand that this is not supported and if that's the problem, so be it - mainly, if that's the case, I just want to know if others running x64 have hit this problem or not; that would help to verify if that's the problem. Beyond that, other major mods include OPM (with Kopernicus, of course) and some visual mods (like EVE, Texture Replacer - though, I don't have but just a couple of textures replaced). There are various other part mods, including DMagic's Orbital Science. My latest install of the game also includes Interstellar Extended, but the previous installations did not and I had the issue with those as well. To note: as you've probably deduced from the previous info, I've never gotten to the point of scanning any of the OPM planets.

Just looking for any insight into this. Aside from that, I do love your mods DMagic - keep up the good work! :)

EDIT: should point out, I know it obviously could be something completely unrelated to ScanSAT that is causing the problem - I just have only ever SEEN the problem begin once I start doing my scans. To further this point - I've had ScanSAT for a LOOOONG time, but never took the time to actually start using it until recently, and this particular problem didn't start until that time.

EDIT 2: I know I type the name of the mod backwards (ScanSAT as opposed to SCANsat) - just habit from how I name my probes! :D

I've been having similar issues on x64 bit linux.

I get this error and everything blows up:

[EXC 01:39:31.607] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
SCANsat.SCANcontroller+<>c__DisplayClass1d.<registerSensor>b__1c (.Vessel a)
System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
SCANsat.SCANcontroller.registerSensor (Guid id, SCANtype sensors, Double fov, Double min_alt, Double max_alt, Double best_alt)
SCANsat.SCANcontroller.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host)
ScenarioRunner+
.MoveNext ()

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjuiey76uabdcfo/KSP_ScanSatBug.log?dl=0

I've been having similar issues on x64 bit linux.

I've seen this before with the same error.

[EXC 01:37:05.011] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.CreateResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target)
EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data)
PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt)
PlanetariumCamera.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
Vessel.OnDestroy ()

I have no idea why it's happening, but it screws up all sorts of things later on; from that point on your log file is full of errors. The SCANsat error comes a bit later, and is indeed very bad, but everything else is screwed up by that point.

Since it's related to the stock resource system I would try scanning several planets with stock resource scanners and not doing any SCANsat scanning (or uninstall it) and see if the same thing happens.

Update: I just hit a similar bug with DMagic science instruments claiming to be out of Ec when they weren't. So at the moment I don't *think* this is a ScanSAT issue. Maybe there's a stock bug with excessive amounts of Ec.

I'm just using the stock method (technically this method should be moved into the physics frame update instead of the regular unity update cycle, but I'm not sure how that would lead to this problem) for finding EC on the vessel and giving it to the SCANsat instrument. If that method is coming back with not enough EC then there is either a problem with too much EC, or with overheated parts.

Edited by DMagic

OK it isn't SCANsat, but if it's the same Issue that Lexan has been having, and his mod list there is complete, it could be:

-Roverdude's USI suite

-Community Tech Tree

-ContractsWindow

-ActionGroupsExtended

-Distant Object Enhancement

-Orbital Science

-KAS & KIS

-OPM and Kopernicus

-ShipManifest

-AlarmClock and TransferWindowPlanner

I don't think it's likely to be Community Tech Tree, TransferWindowPlanner, Orbital Science, Contracts Window or Distant Object Enhancement.

Edited by Thorbane

OK it isn't SCANsat, but if it's the same Issue that Lexan has been having, and his mod list there is complete, it could be:

I suspect Kopernicus, since the problem manifests while looking at the resource list for each planet. I suppose an error in a resource config from USI might also be a problem, but that seems unlikely.

I have no idea what causes this glitch.

I do. :wink:

OK I haven't seen that bug again, if anyone else sees it it's either DOE or Kopernicus.

Edit: Yep, it's Kopernicus. Or something in a OPM config is causing Kopernicus to throw a fit.

Edited by Thorbane

I love this mod - it's very useful. I have K, Mun, and Min all 95%+ mapped and it is very helpful for ruling out bad landing sites. What's a little more difficult, IMO, is choosing good ones. To that end, I was wondering if there is some tool to help with the data reduction - to identify or filter location based on certain attributes (like biome, slope, resource concentration, etc)?

Thanks,

Danny

BREAKING NEWS---NEWS YOU COULD USE

It might occur only for me, but Hyperedit seems to break non-stock resource scanning, rendering MKS and Karbonite Scansat scans impossible. I have checked installing all my mods one-by-one, and running KSP - only Hyperedit (1.4.1) proven difficult.

BREAKING NEWS---NEWS YOU COULD USE

It might occur only for me, but Hyperedit seems to break non-stock resource scanning, rendering MKS and Karbonite Scansat scans impossible. I have checked installing all my mods one-by-one, and running KSP - only Hyperedit (1.4.1) proven difficult.

nope, just you.