[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Hi,

Running a 1.8.1 RSS build, and the overlays appear to be upside down, scanned both earth and the moon and north pole biomes are on the south and vice versa. this appears to also occur with other scan data too.. 

Not had a chance to investigate further yet, but if I'm doing something dumb let me know.. otherwise this may be a bug, and I thought I should report it somewhere.. :)

Up to this point everything has been installed with CKAN. If you need any log files let me know and I'll figure out how to make them available...

Thanks.

I love using this mod for the missions.  Been using it for years. I started a new career with 1.91.2788.  I am half way through the science tree and still have not seen a single contract using scansat.  Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Well You should pay attention to what CKAN is telling you.  Everything is working fine.  I was not on the most current release.

I have an interesting scansat contract. I need to set module type to 3 in editor and frequency to 38.5 and use core navigation.  I have no idea how to to do this.  I can not see anywhere to make these changes.  I am not sure where I need to make these changes.  I assumed in the VAB but maybe its in the ship save file?  Any help would be appreciated

12 minutes ago, Lucky Spacer said:

I have an interesting scansat contract. I need to set module type to 3 in editor and frequency to 38.5 and use core navigation.  I have no idea how to to do this.  I can not see anywhere to make these changes.  I am not sure where I need to make these changes.  I assumed in the VAB but maybe its in the ship save file?  Any help would be appreciated

Sounds like you are using Mission Controller 2. At least I believe that's the mod that adds those type of contracts. It has its own parts with those settings available in the PAW.

30 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Sounds like you are using Mission Controller 2. At least I believe that's the mod that adds those type of contracts. It has its own parts with those settings available in the PAW.

I am using mission controller 2.  I will go and post in that forum thanks for the help.

So far in my 1.9 science mode save, SCANsat seems to work but has a crash bug when scanning. Scanning works just fine but the game crashes when I go to the map view while scanning. If I go to the map view after stopping the scan, the game does not crash. So far I've only experienced this with the SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor part and plan on seeing if this bug persists with the other parts. Overall, the mod works fine if you do not go into map view while scanning. 

Help! Houston, i have problem. I'm playing a career, the checkbox is removed in the settings "resourses biome lock". Now I went to the settings change colors and accidentally clicked the mouse in this checkbox. After that, I removed it again, but now on the planets where the ore was scanned, the color overlay of the ore concentration does not correspond to reality. How do I get everything back or reset the resource scan data? Loading previous saves does not help, and there is no reset of ore scanning in the settings(only heights and biomes). Help!

12 hours ago, zangonoid said:

So far in my 1.9 science mode save, SCANsat seems to work but has a crash bug when scanning. Scanning works just fine but the game crashes when I go to the map view while scanning. If I go to the map view after stopping the scan, the game does not crash. So far I've only experienced this with the SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor part and plan on seeing if this bug persists with the other parts. Overall, the mod works fine if you do not go into map view while scanning. 

Mod has nothing to do with it. This is because of a parameter -force-d3d12 for work Scatterer. -force-d3d12 breaks all mods, where it is used overlay. In map mode tis fix cannot render scanning beam and game crash.

I have a lot of errors in my log:

[EXC 23:28:38.278] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_BigMap.MousePosition (UnityEngine.Vector2 pos) (at <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0)
    SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_BigMap.MapInfo (UnityEngine.Vector2 mapPos) (at <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0)
    SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_BigMap.Update () (at <31616726d3bd43089e21352d0f950b48>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I cannot open the Maps. And it causes some other errors (no timewarp...). It only happen if I start a Sat with ScanSat-Parts.

KSP: 1.8.1
Complete Log:

KSP.log

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, crossposting from ScienceAlert ReAlerted just in case the problem is with SCANSat instead of that mod -

ScienceAlert ReAlerted seems to be having some trouble with 1.9 and SCANSat - when I select "show biome" *and* "SCANSAT integration" at the same time, I see "Data Not Found" in the top of the window, and no experiments show up in the mod.

Turning off SCANSat integration resolves this issue and the mod detects experiments as usual.  Unclear if SCANSat is failing to report current biome properly, or if the ScienceAlert mod is pulling that data incorrectly.

SCANSat v. 18.14

ScienceAlert ReAlerted v. 1.9.8.6

VkMrewM.png

6 hours ago, yuravian said:

Hi, crossposting from ScienceAlert ReAlerted just in case the problem is with SCANSat instead of that mod -

ScienceAlert ReAlerted seems to be having some trouble with 1.9 and SCANSat - when I select "show biome" *and* "SCANSAT integration" at the same time, I see "Data Not Found" in the top of the window, and no experiments show up in the mod.

Turning off SCANSat integration resolves this issue and the mod detects experiments as usual.  Unclear if SCANSat is failing to report current biome properly, or if the ScienceAlert mod is pulling that data incorrectly.

SCANSat v. 18.14

ScienceAlert ReAlerted v. 1.9.8.6

VkMrewM.png

Just to check: You have completed a SCANsat Biome scan of the body in question?

41 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Just to check: You have completed a SCANsat Biome scan of the body in question?

No, this is a fresh new game.  Maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't think that was an issue before with the mod in question.  Entirely possible this is a ScienceAlert problem and not a SCANSat issue!

Edit: oh god, I just re-read what integration does... so sorry! this is working as intended.

Edited by yuravian

• 3 weeks later...

I went through and updated all my dependencies and problem has still been going on, error message I get is "MissingMethodException: Void UnityEngine.UI.Togglegroup.setalltogglesoff()"

ScanSat has been giving me an error when I try to use any of the buttons at the top of the big map to switch celestial bodies, map types, and resource maps. Gives some kind of unity engine error. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18fX9QsRa4U3gZGLrw0srnph9Ar-nOv1x

Edited by nonono

51 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@nonono It's possible that there are issues with SCANsat version 18.x and KSP 1.9.1. The next major update for SCANsat should be out shortly and should be working fine in KSP 1.9.

Thank you for the update, SCANsat is easily one of my favorite addons.