[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

The anomalies are displayed as a yellow question marks in the map, and always says "unknown" if I hover the mouse, even if I visit with a Kerbal or collect the science report with the BTDT (which gives them a name). They should display the name of the anomaly at some point in the map, or it will always say "unknown" ? I'm using KSP 1.3.1 and SCANsat 18.4.

39PjX6Y.png

Many thanks for the awesome mod :)

Edited by MaximumThrust

How are the contracts supposed to work?

I am running KSP 1.5.1.2335, SCANsat 18.8 and I am not getting any contracts so far (but I am getting satellite-ish contracts like "position a satellite in a specific orbit around mun"). The first post in this thread says

[Career Mode] Are SCANsat contracts available?

• Yes! Contract support is handled through third party addons:
  • Check the Contract Configurator thread for more info.

but all third party addons are discontinued because SCANsat allegedly incorporated them, and contract configurator's max KSP version is 1.4.3.

2 hours ago, Trolldemorted said:

third party addons are discontinued because SCANsat allegedly incorporated them, and contract configurator's max KSP version is 1.4.3

SCANsat has built in support for contract configurator, if you have it installed you will see SCANsat contracts. 

Also, while CC has not officially been updated to 1.5 anecdotally I can tell you it works fine for me. 

8 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

SCANsat has built in support for contract configurator, if you have it installed you will see SCANsat contracts. 

Also, while CC has not officially been updated to 1.5 anecdotally I can tell you it works fine for me. 

Thanks for the quick response!

So you recommend I just grab the latest CC release manually and hope for the best?

It's a pity that a mod like CC which a lot of other mods depend on (I noticed remotetech has got the same problem) is currently unmaintained :|

@MaximumThrust I don't know what the state of SCANsat is for KSP 1.3.1. There is a note about some changes to the anomalies in the patch notes for 18.5, so it might be fixed there, but that is for KSP 1.4, and old versions won't be getting any updates.

@Trolldemorted I've seen some reports of problems with CC in its thread for KSP 1.5, so I don't know if there will be problems here, and if there are it's something I can do anything about.

SCANsat version 18.9 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It includes some performance improvements for background scanning (about a 50% reduction in processing time with lots of scanners at high time warp), a fix for Metal Ore scanning with Extraplanetary Launchpads, allows for deeper layers of sub-moons in the celestial body lists, and fixes a typo in the science result localization tags.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, DMagic said:

SCANsat version 18.9 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It includes some performance improvements for background scanning (about a 50% reduction in processing time with lots of scanners at high time warp), a fix for Metal Ore scanning with Extraplanetary Launchpads, allows for deeper layers of sub-moons in the celestial body lists, and fixes a typo in the science result localization tags.

Man, you really did it! :0.0:

THANK YOU! That will help a lot! :science:

On 12/3/2018 at 6:12 AM, Trolldemorted said:

How are the contracts supposed to work?

I am running KSP 1.5.1.2335, SCANsat 18.8 and I am not getting any contracts so far (but I am getting satellite-ish contracts like "position a satellite in a specific orbit around mun"). The first post in this thread says

but all third party addons are discontinued because SCANsat allegedly incorporated them, and contract configurator's max KSP version is 1.4.3. 

Good News Everybody!  CC is newly patched and built for 1.5.1 - go over to the CC thread and send your thanks to @nightingale

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this but universal storage II's dmagic orbital science parts don't scan for ore or biomes and whatnot like dmagics normal parts do. 

On top of that using them in clever sat contracts as a substitution for the non universal storage II variants means they are unrecognised by the contract  ....but that is unrelated to this mod, anyone know how I could change the cfg to fix that?

Edit: I believe it's because the dmagics orbital science universal storage variants are named "dmUS2X" and in the contracts cfg they add "dmUSX". I added a 2 to the part names and a 2 to universal-storage in the [has] section and that fixed the parts not having those modules(this was int the dmagic orbital science resources folder).

Now I just need to figure out how to fix contracts

Figured it out, had to edit my persistent save and edit a bunch of parts over the the new syntaxx

Edited by Boamere

So, I'm a new-ish player to KSP, running on 1.6, science mode, just got this mod.

I cannot get Kerbin anomalies detected, no matter what I do.

The LO and HI scans worked just fine, both at 100%, each at ideal orbit, one at a time.

But MULTI is stuck at 50%, even though the biome map is completed, as the screenshot shows. Also scanned at ideal orbit.

No matter how long more I time-lapse, nothing changes.

Am I missing something here?

I believe I read up all I could about this, the wiki, the kspedia entries, a lot of this topic (obviously not all 102 pages...)

Any help is appreciated in advance.

rqhN6dy.png

Hey leezak.  Welcome.  

Uhh I've been away for a while but I'm pretty sure you're using an old version of ScanSat, since the 1.6 update is so new.  During the holidays, the mod makers may be unusually slow, spending time with family, but rest assured, current versions of the mods will be up soon.  I'm sure the updated version will solve your problem.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Aethon said:

Hey leezak.  Welcome.  

Uhh I've been away for a while but I'm pretty sure you're using an old version of ScanSat, since the 1.6 update is so new.  During the holidays, the mod makers may be unusually slow, spending time with family, but rest assured, current versions of the mods will be up soon.  I'm sure the updated version will solve your problem.

Good luck!

Hey, thank you for answering! I know, holidays and all. But really, all I was wondering was, is this an issue with the mod/game, or just me not knowing where to click or something. If there's nothing I can do right now, I'll happily wait for a fix. It's such a fun mod, I just didn't want to be stuck out of my own fault.

Is there a part in this pack that lets me take a science experiment in high orbit over an anomaly? I have a contract on Minmus, to generate and return a science report high over an anomaly over the highlands and the only part that can make that (that i know of) is the "Anomalous Signal Sensor BTDT" but that needs to be in 200 m range of the anomaly to work, not 30 km.

Thanks you.

4 hours ago, anotherlurker said:

Is there a part in this pack that lets me take a science experiment in high orbit over an anomaly? I have a contract on Minmus, to generate and return a science report high over an anomaly over the highlands and the only part that can make that (that i know of) is the "Anomalous Signal Sensor BTDT" but that needs to be in 200 m range of the anomaly to work, not 30 km.

Thanks you.

Pretty sure you just need to do ANY science report while over the Anomaly.  (i.e. you can do a Temperature scan or Crew Report) It does not even need to produce Science, for example you already collected that science before (just accept or transmit the zero science) and the contract will register you preformed science over the Anomaly.

Without seeing the actually contract, this is what I believe you need to do. (you can always attach a photo to show the parameters)

33 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Pretty sure you just need to do ANY science report while over the Anomaly.  (i.e. you can do a Temperature scan or Crew Report) It does not even need to produce Science, for example you already collected that science before (just accept or transmit the zero science) and the contract will register you preformed science over the Anomaly.

Without seeing the actually contract, this is what I believe you need to do. (you can always attach a photo to show the parameters)

Thank you for your answer, it was part of contract config field research tied to this or the other DMagic science mod, the op of the other thread already answered it, there's an error that generates contracts that can not be fulfilled (sigint in biomes etc) and i deleted the mod, so no mission to show.

• 3 weeks later...

@DMagic If I need to set up a personalized resource set for the scanners, is it okay to just delete the SCANresources file or does something in the mod require the file to be there? What I've done so far is create a whole 2^6 - 2^32 (minus 2^19) resource set and use a patch to modify the color configs for the standard SCANSat resource layout. Also, would I need to use any sort of run modifier (:BEFORE, :AFTER, :NEEDS) if my resource patch is going in my own patch folder? This is all for a new 1.6.1 install, so I don't have a save with birds in the air to see if it would pan out. Thank you!

@DMagic There is a bug in 1.6.0 & 1.6.1 that can lock up the parts menu in the VAB if a bulkheadProfiles isn't defined for each part. The following thread discusses it. I turned up a part in SCANSat that doesn't have bulkheadProfiles defined

./SCANsat/Parts/MapTraq/MapTraq.cfg

This is an odd case as it's a hidden part and I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I think it still will cause problems unless it's either deleted or fixed.

@DMagic I think you misread my intent, I wasn't asking for help. The flawed part is no longer affecting me. I have a patch to avoid this bug. I'm just notifying all mod makers where I found the flaw so you can fix it for players that are not savvy enough to understand what's wrong and deal with it themselves. Leaving it unfixed can lock up the VAB for any players using this mod.

Edited by Tonka Crash