[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Nope. In sandbox all is good, but in career the parts for which I have the required tech are visible in the parts menu, but the buttons are disabled and I can't place them. If I edit my persistent.sfs and add the name of each part in the required technology (or any discovered technology for that matter) and load they become available. Same goes for any mod that adds parts in the teches.

It is kind of strange that the save file lists not only the technologies discovered so far, but also the available parts for each technology. A better approach for the core game would be to get the list of tech from the save and then pull the available parts for each tech.

Try to re-install everything. You usually shoudn't have this problem.

Nope. In sandbox all is good, but in career the parts for which I have the required tech are visible in the parts menu, but the buttons are disabled and I can't place them.

You should be able to just go to the R&D building and 're-research' that node. It'll have a little number in the top left corner of the node icon and you can click it and research the part as normal. That's how it is for every mod that adds parts, SCANsat should be no different.

You don't have to manually edit the save file.

If you open the tech tree inside the game, you will see that the nodes have a number beside them, and if you open them, the missing parts will be highlighted. There you can "buy" them, one by one.

You don't have to manually edit the save file.

If you open the tech tree inside the game, you will see that the nodes have a number beside them, and if you open them, the missing parts will be highlighted. There you can "buy" them, one by one.

Alternatively use Research Them All to automatically unlock them. The mechanics of this might change in 0.24 with funds now though.

Currently there are two separate things going on with tech nodes in the R&D center. When you spend science points to unlock a tech node this opens up all of the parts within that node for research.

Then separately, every part that is currently available in that tech node is purchased/researched. Each part has a specific research cost associated with it (separate from the VAB cost; both are defined in the part.cfg file).

Because this research cost system hasn't been implemented (and it's not clear how it will eventually work), all of this happens in one step and you never have to spend anything to research/purchase available parts in the R&D center.

This is where the problems come in. When you add mod parts to a tech node that you've already unlocked it doesn't automatically research those parts for you.

You have to go into the R&D center, click on the tech node in question, then look at the list on the right. It should show all of the parts available within that tech node. You can click on the non-researched parts and select purchase/research. After that you should be able to use the parts in the VAB. There are some mods that automate this process if you are frequently adding more mod parts. But in no case should it be necessary to directly edit the persistent file to gain access to these parts.

The short version is: The R&D tech node system is build with unimplemented systems in mind. If or when those systems are actually used it will probably make a lot more sense.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the background color for both the big and small maps tends to blend in with the black and white initial scan, which can make identifying spots that haven't been uncovered difficult some times (more so on the small map than the large). Would it be possible to select a background color with a greater contrast to the possible filled in map colors or, if not too difficult, two or three options to pick from in the settings config? This also has the benefit of providing options for those with different color perception than the norm.

SCANsat v6.1 has been released on GitHub.

- Update for KSP v 0.24

- Folder structure significantly changed; you must delete any old SCANsat installations

- SCANsatRPM integrated into standard SCANsat

- You must delete any SCANsatRPM folders; do not install SCANsatRPM from any source

- ModStatistics Added

- Some minor bug fixes

- SCANsat flag added

- Initial part cost balancing

The only significant changes here are the folder structure and the inclusion of the SCANsatRPM code into the SCANsat code.

Delete any old SCANsat installations to ensure proper installation of this update. Delete any SCANsatRPM folders and files; don't install this file from any source.

ModStatistics has been added as well; see here for more information: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81764

the KSP.log file in the main folder, and/or the output.log file in the KSP_Data folder.

I haven't done any testing on x64. But Technogeeky has been running it on the Linux x64 build forever, so theoretically there shouldn't be any problems, but you never know.

the KSP.log file in the main folder, and/or the output.log file in the KSP_Data folder.

I haven't done any testing on x64. But Technogeeky has been running it on the Linux x64 build forever, so theoretically there shouldn't be any problems, but you never know.

I'm cross posting to two threads atm, may as well get you in on the action too...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-24-0-Toolbar-1-7-4-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar?p=1281466&viewfull=1#post1281466

other information appears in following posts. Something is up and it's not just ScanSat. We did kind of know this from the Win x64 hack but now it's official it may be worth a quick look.

Here are the logs, windows version is vastly different to Linux version wouldn't be surprised if something is different

http://www./?wdazw9dg9acg0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Romfarer.Util.LightTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, Single v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Romfarer.Util.get_LazorSkin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Romfarer.RuntimeLogic.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoToggle (Boolean value, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Toggle (Boolean value, System.String text, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Romfarer.RuntimeLogic.GUIwindow_SpaceCenter (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm pretty sure Romfarer, which actually kills your KSP, has nothing to do with SCANsat. :)

Well that answers that question then, thanks Mihara it seems i may have inadvertanly dragged and dropped it in, sorry to cause a ruckus what log was that in so I can debug stuff on my own without annoying you guys

Edited by Virtualgenius

Sorry to potentially sound like a complete moron, but why has this mod apparently switched authors with no warning?

You could ask damny, the original author. If you could get hold of him, that is. Read the last 50 odd pages or so of the original thread for more info.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Hi, this is a great mod, really helpful with EVE and Better Atmospheres (can't even see Eve's surface :P) but I was wondering, are you planning on changing the models for the Maptraq and the been there done that? They're... a little bit clunky, if you don't mind me saying. It'd be great to know if you are planning to, although I suppose I can live with it.

Thanks for the great mod :)