[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

so i kinda have a problem here, SCANSATRPM its not working, its telling me that i have no signal, i have enough energy, all scansat devices turned on, even the map reader, but the standar small and big maps work perfectly

so i kinda have a problem here, SCANSATRPM its not working, its telling me that i have no signal, i have enough energy, all scansat devices turned on, even the map reader, but the standar small and big maps work perfectly

If you are following this structure, then SCANsatRPM should work:

GameData Folder Structure

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 800]

[TR]

[TD]

• GameData
    • 000_Toolbar\
    • JSI\
    • MechJeb2\

• MechJeb2RPM\
    • SCANsat\
    • SCANsatRPM\
    • ModuleManager.2.x.x.dll

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi,

I'm cleaning up my dead ships in tracking station, playing in career mode. scansat works quite nicely together with btsm.

Do i loose Map Data or Science Points if i delete all ships orbiting a Moon/Planet with ScanSat equipment installed? Some of them have nearly scanned the whole surface but no electricity left. Do i loose something if all existing devices are disabled? If i clear my current flights to zero?

Hi,

I'm cleaning up my dead ships in tracking station, playing in career mode. scansat works quite nicely together with btsm.

Do i loose Map Data or Science Points if i delete all ships orbiting a Moon/Planet with ScanSat equipment installed? Some of them have nearly scanned the whole surface but no electricity left. Do i loose something if all existing devices are disabled? If i clear my current flights to zero?

No, as all scanning data is stored in a separate place in the persistent.sfs.

I shrunk the big map and I cannot resize it as the drag button is on top of the rectangular button. Reinstalling did not work. Is there any config files I could delete.

Same problem here, // button just above "Rectangular" and not clickable anymore. wZcUUHR.png

We should have a fix for the map width thing in the next version, but the conflicting UI thing is really annoying (and really widespread, it happens all of the time with a huge number of mods), but probably much more difficult to fix.
I looked for a second bug in his screen, but didnt find it. Is it in my screen too? I have only a small number of mods installed.

I'll try 7.0 and/or edit that line now.

edit: where to put the Kethane_Scanners.cfg file?

edit2: 7.0 rc2.2 solved the map problem

Edited by Tahib

I looked for a second bug in his screen, but didnt find it. Is it in my screen too? I have only a small number of mods installed.

I'll try 7.0 and/or edit that line now.

edit: where to put the Kethane_Scanners.cfg file?

CFG can be anywhere in KSP/GameData.

Same problem here, // button just above "Rectangular" and not clickable anymore. http://i.imgur.com/wZcUUHR.png

This bug is fixed in the dev release. Basically, the minimum allowable window size isn't small enough (and/or the buttons don't have the right depth). I just made it so you can't make the Big map that small, in the dev release.

WORKAROUND: Simply go to Settings -> Reset all Window Positions. I think it resets sizes too.

have another problem now. biome scanner doesnt work while altimetry does in duna orbit. got 7.0 rc2.2 installed. 'Lo' and 'bio anom' are blinking orange, both running. reset window positions didnt help.I3MezUc.png

The biome scanner will not work outside of kerbin's soi since only kerbin, Mün, and minmus have biomes.

ah lol, didnt know that. spend hours to build and send some 500 part vessels for biome scanning to the planets.

If you are following this structure, then SCANsatRPM should work:

[TR]

[TD]

• GameData
    • 000_Toolbar\
    • JSI\
    • MechJeb2\

• MechJeb2RPM\
    • SCANsat\
    • SCANsatRPM\

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

i have MM 2.1.5, it still tells me there is no satellite connection.

I tried poking around the documentation, so if I missed anything obvious I apologize;

I've got a satellite around minmus with the RADAR Altimetry Sensor and the Multispectral Sensor both running. I seem to be able to pick up Biome information just fine, but Altimetry and Slope are a blank grey in either color setting.. I've tried different altitudes and stuff, but to no avail. Do I need a better sensor, am I doing something wrong, or is it just installed improperly?

Dr Death: make sure all the necessary dlls are up to date

Rulare: what altitudes have you tried? Is the 'LO' in the small map staying orange? It might be easier to see if you could post a screenshot of your orbit with the small map open.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh1n65uds7giuls/Screenshot%202014-06-11%2009.22.02.png

I've tried everything between 70x70 and 4x4 km orbits. (I even hit a mountain.) LO has been green, blue, orange, grey, blinking between different colors, and all I'm getting is a completely flat grey altimetry map, and a biome map.

I've tried everything between 70x70 and 4x4 km orbits. (I even hit a mountain.) LO has been green, blue, orange, grey, blinking between different colors, and all I'm getting is a completely flat grey altimetry map, and a biome map.

Does this only happen at Minmus? Which version of SCANsat are you using? Some of the dev versions had problems with lo-resolution altimetry, but they've been fixed in the latest updates.

http://i.imgur.com/mRu4NJy.jpg

similar issue as Dr Death here...

RasterPropMon v.16;

Scansat v6.0;

MM 2.1.5

toolbar 1.7.1

ScanSat works, just not in RasterProp MFD.

Can you verify the correct placement of the DLLs:

[TR]

[TD]

• GameData
    • 000_Toolbar\
    • JSI\
    • MechJeb2\

• MechJeb2RPM\
    • SCANsat\
    • SCANsatRPM\

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yes.

this is from the logs... maybe hlepful?

[ERR 22:56:34.832] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANsatRPM.JSISCANsatRPM' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MapMarkupLine' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

a conflict with Kethane mod?

[WRN 22:57:34.421] [Kethane] Error inspecting assembly 'SCANsatRPM':

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kethane.MapOverlay.findToolbar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: removed Kethane to test, still the same as before

Edited by nli2work