[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Yeah I could have linked to my solution, sorry.

2 hours ago, BrutalRIP said:

CRP Planetary resource list

Dirt

Gypsum

Hydrates

Karbonite

Karborundum

MetallicOre

Minerals

RareMetals

Substrate

Uraninite

Water

i believe the Planetary Survey Camera scans them all (?)exept Karborundum + karbonite use KA_Scanner_01 but they already work

for KCS123

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72032-105-usi-kolonization-systems-mksoks-0331-planetary-logistics-and-kolony-rewards/&do=findComment&comment=2395836

You're forgetting ExoticMinerals

Also, jd284 made a pastebin MM config over here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72032-105-usi-kolonization-systems-mksoks-0331-planetary-logistics-and-kolony-rewards/&page=583#comment-2396360

Edited by smjjames

Hi, I'm getting a disabled/bugged Scansat window with one of my satellites. When I switch to my Minmus SAR sat, and view the large map with ground tracks, I get this IndexOutOfRangeException, repeating every 20-30 milliseconds:

Spoiler

[EXC 16:05:33.913] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    SCANsat.SCAN_Map.SCANmap.terrainElevation (Double Lon, Double Lat, Int32 w, Int32 h, System.Single[,] heightMap, Boolean c, SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata Data, System.Int32& Scheme)
    SCANsat.SCAN_Map.SCANmap.getPartialMap ()
    SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANBigMap.mapDraw (Int32 id)
    SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANBigMap.DrawWindow (Int32 id)
    SCANsat.SCAN_Platform.SCAN_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I can view the Minmus high-res altimetry map without problems from the space center. The exception only appears when I view it from the relevant satellite with ground tracks. The altimetry map is about 94% done, and everything was operating correctly until today. After the exceptions start streaming in, the Scansat map window goes blank, with only a non-clickable radio button, the numeral "7" and the ground track icon visible in the top left of the window. The exceptions stop if I close the map window, and start if I try to view it again. The small map and other Scansat windows seem unaffected.

Screenshot:

Spoiler

Bm65SPw.png

I currently have 193 mods installed. No big changes recently except for removing SVE as part of trying to diagnose a random CTD/memory leak I'm getting. Re-installed SVE and the problem still happens, though. Again, everything was OK until today.

Linux 64-bit KSP v1.0.5, Scansat v14.7 via CKAN

2 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

Hi, I'm getting a disabled/bugged Scansat window with one of my satellites. When I switch to my Minmus SAR sat, and view the large map with ground tracks, I get this IndexOutOfRangeException, repeating every 20-30 milliseconds:

Does it only happen with the SAR, or does it happen also with the low resolution RADAR scan too? Does the map start building, then start spamming the error? Or does it start spamming the error as soon as the map opens? Can you re-size the map and see if the error persists?

I put in place some measures to prevent the type of error you are seeing, but it's possible something slipped through.

Hi everybody,

Just want to ask if a previously scanned planet/body can still be re-scanned in order to see any additional resources like the ones added to CRP recently?

Regards and thanks in advance

7 hours ago, DMagic said:

Does it only happen with the SAR, or does it happen also with the low resolution RADAR scan too? Does the map start building, then start spamming the error? Or does it start spamming the error as soon as the map opens? Can you re-size the map and see if the error persists?

I put in place some measures to prevent the type of error you are seeing, but it's possible something slipped through.

It happens with the biome map and the hi-res map, at least. I don't know how to show the low-res RADAR map after the hi-res one has been gathered. The map starts building and then dies just over halfway up.

but... resizing the map works :), although I had to resize the map window on another satellite oribiting Mun, and then rely on that size setting being remembered. Is there some poison-pill map size?

On 2/6/2016 at 7:19 AM, BrutalRIP said:

CRP Planetary resource list

Thanks, I'll add these and ExoticMinerals for the next update.

On 2/8/2016 at 7:52 AM, Speedster159 said:

What does "Time Warp Resolution" do?

Will lowering it lower load on something? RAM usage maybe?

There is a help function in all of the settings windows; from that: "Adjust the scanning frequency during TimeWarp. Higher settings result in fewer gaps in the maps but may have a performance impact at high TimeWarp."

The performance impact is generally a little hiccup once every second when running at the highest timewarp. Putting the Time Warp Resolution at medium is usually enough to alleviate that problem and will only result in gaps when you are wither scanning from a very bad orbit, or when scanning a body with a very slow rotation.

7 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

It happens with the biome map and the hi-res map, at least. I don't know how to show the low-res RADAR map after the hi-res one has been gathered. The map starts building and then dies just over halfway up.

but... resizing the map works :), although I had to resize the map window on another satellite oribiting Mun, and then rely on that size setting being remembered. Is there some poison-pill map size?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure how it would happen, or really even why it would cause a problem, maybe it got forced into an odd-numbered map texture width somehow.

Can you get it back to where it breaks? I'll try to find out what's going on.

3 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Do these scanners conflict with the scanners from pathfinder?

Not sure. I know that Pathfinder does something with resource scanning, but I've never really been sure exactly what that is. There are several SCANsat resource scanning settings, and standard SCANsat scanners shouldn't interfere with anything.

I'm getting these errors when I perform an orbital survey scan with the M700 Survey Scanner. This is from a completely fresh install as the other day I uninstalled all mods, deleted the folders in gamadata and then reinstalled from CKAN. When I start the scan I get this first error, and no science from doing the scan:

7VPreuI.png

Then I get this when the scan is finished and nothing happens, no ore data or anything, the resource scan just doesn't work.

FSy7jJ0.png?1

On 9/02/2016 at 4:51 PM, Bluebottle said:

On 9/02/2016 at 0:14 AM, DMagic said:

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure how it would happen, or really even why it would cause a problem, maybe it got forced into an odd-numbered map texture width somehow.

Can you get it back to where it breaks? I'll try to find out what's going on.

I've been trying to replicate it again, but no luck so far. Where is the map size stored? If it's in the SFS file, I could pull it out of there. I think the sizes always reset, though, so probably not stored at all.

Crudely cropping the screenshot shows that the map window's drawable area (not including the black border or the titlebar) was 1194 x 626. Complete window area (including borders and the titlebar) was 1198 x 643. No odd numbers for the width.

Edited by Bluebottle

So was testing and the right click mini-map off of the large map for resources is not showing the new resources even though it will still show the other ones that were previously there. To be clear they are showing in the 'Big Map' but not in the map that is created when you right click on the 'big map' when you toggle resources on and off. This is important if you're trying to desperately find a spot with above 5 percent exotic minerals or rare metals.

It also covers hyrdrates and gypsum, so basically all the new stuff is not showing in the minimap created by right clicking on the big map, but the old stuff does still show.

13 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

I've been trying to replicate it again, but no luck so far. Where is the map size stored? If it's in the SFS file, I could pull it out of there. I think the sizes always reset, though, so probably not stored at all.

Crudely cropping the screenshot shows that the map window's drawable area (not including the black border or the titlebar) was 1194 x 626. Complete window area (including borders and the titlebar) was 1198 x 643. No odd numbers for the width.

The big map width can be found in the save folder by searching for SCANcontroller then looking for map_width below. I'm not sure why any specific map size would cause the problem, but odd-numbered widths aren't aloowed and may cause problems. There are several methods in place to prevent odd-numbered widths, but I may have missed something. 

You can also manually set the map width in the settings menu (that will round odd-numbered values up by one).

Also keep in mind that the map window is much larger than the map itself, there are large margins to fit all of the buttons and labels.

38 minutes ago, TheReadPanda said:

So was testing and the right click mini-map off of the large map for resources is not showing the new resources even though it will still show the other ones that were previously there. To be clear they are showing in the 'Big Map' but not in the map that is created when you right click on the 'big map' when you toggle resources on and off. This is important if you're trying to desperately find a spot with above 5 percent exotic minerals or rare metals.

That's because the MKS_Antenna doesn't have stock resource scanning modules for the new resources. If and when they are added the zoom map and mouse-over readout numbers will work as before. If they aren't added then it will be a problem.

You can get around the restriction for now by turning off the Narrow-Band Scanner requirement in the resource settings window.

On 2/11/2016 at 5:42 AM, FlareFluffeon said:

I'm getting these errors when I perform an orbital survey scan with the M700 Survey Scanner. This is from a completely fresh install as the other day I uninstalled all mods, deleted the folders in gamadata and then reinstalled from CKAN. When I start the scan I get this first error, and no science from doing the scan:

That looks like a RemoteTech error.

On 2/11/2016 at 4:26 PM, Delta_8930 said:

What does the MapTraq thing do again?

Nothing. It has been deprecated for a very long time. The part is kept in the folder on the off chance that someone still has an old vessel with one present.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

That's because the MKS_Antenna doesn't have stock resource scanning modules for the new resources. If and when they are added the zoom map and mouse-over readout numbers will work as before. If they aren't added then it will be a problem.

You can get around the restriction for now by turning off the Narrow-Band Scanner requirement in the resource settings window.

If I add the modules to the MKS_Antenna that should fix it too, right? I was thinking that might be a good approach too. Not sure. But I think I'll try that.

Since the update to the latest version of SCANSat I don´t seem to get any new contracts for scanning, Not sure what is going on there. Is there a way to fix that or to reset the contracts for SCANSat? I am not too far into scanning with my current career so it might not be a huge loss.

On 13/02/2016 at 10:50 AM, DMagic said:

The big map width can be found in the save folder by searching for SCANcontroller then looking for map_width below. I'm not sure why any specific map size would cause the problem, but odd-numbered widths aren't aloowed and may cause problems. There are several methods in place to prevent odd-numbered widths, but I may have missed something. 

You can also manually set the map width in the settings menu (that will round odd-numbered values up by one).

Also keep in mind that the map window is much larger than the map itself, there are large margins to fit all of the buttons and labels.

OK, thanks. I searched through all my save files, and none had an odd map_width. Many instances of 636 and 1008. Although I can't reproduce it with SCANsat v14.8, the save that was causing the problems had a unique map_width of 616, i.e. across about 80 saves, that 616 was the only value that didn't occur in another save.

Hey @DMagic I just had something wierd happen. When I warped through the Kerbin SoI, it started spamming the exception below for no obvious reason. I don't have any SCANsat or DMOS parts on the craft, so, I don't know what mod of yours it's coming from. Contract window plus maybe?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DMagic.Parameters.DMOrbitalParameters.vesselOrbit (.Vessel v, .CelestialBody b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`2[Vessel,CelestialBody].Fire (.Vessel data0, .CelestialBody data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPAchievements.CelestialBodyOrbit.onVesselSitChange (HostedFromToAction`2 vs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[Vessel,Vessel+Situations]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Vessel.updateSituation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Vessel.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

output log: http://sta.sh/01u3ps2n4xgn

18 hours ago, smjjames said:

Hey @DMagic I just had something wierd happen. When I warped through the Kerbin SoI, it started spamming the exception below for no obvious reason. I don't have any SCANsat or DMOS parts on the craft, so, I don't know what mod of yours it's coming from. Contract window plus maybe?

That's an Orbital Science message from the magnetic field contract. I can fix the method so that it doesn't spam the error, but something deeper is the real problem. Something is making the OnOrbit Event repeatedly fire with a null celestial body or vessel object. I'm not sure what would cause that.