• Asteroidal Resources
    • Asteroid Utilities
    • Asteroid Repurpose Systems
    • Asteroid Recycling Technologies
    • Asteroid Harvesting Tools
    • Asteroid Utilization Pack
    • Mineable Asteroids
    • Asteroid Kerbalization System

I'm not sure if this is a glitch for Karbonite or ARM but when I hooked up a karbonite converter and turned it on it didn't use up any karbonite while still pumping out liqued fuel. It did drain from a karbonite tank but not from the asteroid storage. Also the converter is docked at the LF storage docking port but it doesn't convert oxidizer, unless I dock it directly to the oxidizer docking port. Is that intended or a glitch?

Here is a screen of my set up. (In the screen I had dumped the karbonite tank)

qX39ChZ.png

In addition the particle effects seem glitched, this is not under time acceleration.

0JjU1Qn.png

Edited by Lekke

I'm not sure if this is a glitch for Karbonite or ARM but when I hooked up a karbonite converter and turned it on it didn't use up any karbonite while still pumping out liqued fuel. It did drain from a karbonite tank but not from the asteroid storage. Also the converter is docked at the LF storage docking port but it doesn't convert oxidizer, unless I dock it directly to the oxidizer docking port. Is that intended or a glitch?

Here is a screen of my set up. (In the screen I had dumped the karbonite tank)

http://i.imgur.com/qX39ChZ.png

One is a Karbonite issue, the othe I need to look at

I'm having a related issue. The Rock->Karbonite converter isn't generating any Karbonite (but still consuming inputs) with the latest versions of Karbonite and ART. The MKS converters are working fine. Test screenshot:

RVeH0de.jpg

I'm having a related issue. The Rock->Karbonite converter isn't generating any Karbonite (but still consuming inputs) with the latest versions of Karbonite and ART. The MKS converters are working fine. Test screenshot:

I am getting the same results; also the player.log is filled with DynamicTanks.USI_AsteroidConverter[FFF8A8E6][136.82]: OnFixedUpdate: put less Karbonite than expected: 0.010000000/0.000000000

The less Karbonite than expected number changes depending on what you set in the converter .cfg file; I could get it up to 1 by increasing the amount, but none of it ends up the in the tank.

Edited by rifter

I am getting the same results; also the player.log is filled with DynamicTanks.USI_AsteroidConverter[FFF8A8E6][136.82]: OnFixedUpdate: put less Karbonite than expected: 0.010000000/0.000000000

The less Karbonite than expected number changes depending on what you set in the converter .cfg file; I could get it up to 1 by increasing the amount, but none of it ends up the in the tank.

Need to poke in this - I expect it's a flow mode issue.

Sorry if I missed it in the comments, but does anybody know how well this might work with Real fuels and/or RSS?

Has anyone seen someone working on this?

I have yet to experiment with this mod, but it looks like an amazing collection of mods is coming together, already very mature!

Need to poke in this - I expect it's a flow mode issue.

After analyzing the situation, it is as you say. Inline karbonite tanks work as expected, as do radial karbonite tanks that have fuel lines going to the extractor. My mistake was using radial karbonite tanks only and expecting the converter to put it into them directly.

Sorry if I missed it in the comments, but does anybody know how well this might work with Real fuels and/or RSS?

Has anyone seen someone working on this?

This may be what you want:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90884-Karbonite-Real-Fuels-Integration-Configs

Edited by rifter
Double posts are rude

I know it's called "Asteroid Recycling Technologies", but is there a technical reason or a certain gameplay decision why only asteroids would contain rock and can be made hollow (instead of planets as well).

I see why it's much more rewarding because more difficult this way, but at first sight it looks a bit illogical (I'm not an expert, may very well by 100% realistic).

Honestly no complaint this time, really just curious :wink:

Not really a complaint, just a question: Is there any particular reason ART is the only one of your mods NOT listed under the Umbra Space Industries folder within Gamedata? Just seemed odd to me.

WaRi's concept and models - I just did plugin stuff and help herd cats.

I know it's called "Asteroid Recycling Technologies", but is there a technical reason or a certain gameplay decision why only asteroids would contain rock and can be made hollow (instead of planets as well).

I see why it's much more rewarding because more difficult this way, but at first sight it looks a bit illogical (I'm not an expert, may very well by 100% realistic).

Honestly no complaint this time, really just curious :wink:

Sure, asteroids are parts. Planets are planets. That being said, I built the plugin with the intent of doing planetary storage tanks... very LARGE planetary storage tanks (millions of units, if KSP will handle it).

Is it possible for the JAW to continue working when the vessel is inactive? I've been wanting to use this in conjunction with Karbonite to build up a fuel reserve in orbit while working on other projects, but every time I come back to the asteroid the JAW is off.

Is it possible for the JAW to continue working when the vessel is inactive? I've been wanting to use this in conjunction with Karbonite to build up a fuel reserve in orbit while working on other projects, but every time I come back to the asteroid the JAW is off.

I'll have to take a look and see - it was supposed to ;)

I'll have to take a look and see - it was supposed to ;)

It may very well that I'm using it wrong, but it seems fairly self explanatory. JAW->Start Vaporising, Rock to Karbonite Converter->Start Conversion. I have sufficient space (even added an external Karbonite tank to be sure), and should have enough battery power to run through the night, but maybe I miscalculated?

EDIT: Here's my setup

screenshot7.png

Left handside has the JAW and an OKS module (Kerbitat). Right hand side: Fuel Hatch (Karbonite), Extraction Module (Karbonite), KB-4650 Karbonite Tank. Extraction Module is active, if I switch on the JAW, switch to a vessal outside of physics range and immeditely switch back, JAW is off, Extractor is still on

Edited by CyanAngel

because there's so much and i'd rather keep my ksp crashing to once a day

There is so much.. what? You mean it takes up too much memory?

Rover's mods re-use the same textures and models to reduce memory footprint and are some of the slimmest mods I have installed.

because there's so much and i'd rather keep my ksp crashing to once a day

Do you have other mods taking up space? I have KSO, for instance, and with the full pack, my KSP won't run. I had to remove everything but the Super 25, and even then, I had to manually reduce the texture sizes (and still use Active Texture Management) until it would play nice with my other mods. It was frustrating enough for me to make some lightweight shuttle fuselage parts able to hold 2.5m components until I finally had a KSO build that worked. If you have a bunch of mods like I do, then you might need to do something similar.