• Asteroidal Resources
    • Asteroid Utilities
    • Asteroid Repurpose Systems
    • Asteroid Recycling Technologies
    • Asteroid Harvesting Tools
    • Asteroid Utilization Pack
    • Mineable Asteroids
    • Asteroid Kerbalization System

While i like the idea of storing solid things like food or ore or kerbals in an asteroid, i can't help but think that you shouldn't go pouring your precious fuel into a dirty rock where it could get contaminated. but my problems with the mod are solely related to realism, i totally dig the idea anyway.
No reason you could not put a bladder into the cavity...

Donziboy2 is correct. The assumption is that the hatch module includes an inflatable bladder to store your stuff in.

I'm currently making a patch for resources for insterstellar - kethane and MKS (and any other mods I perhaps have installed and can't remember). If it's okay and they work fine, want me to upload them?

[Edit]

I won't be making tanks for the radioactive substances, nor for the substances that require cooling systems. I don't know how to balance out the boil off and other cfg options to make asteroid cooling seem more likely. I will do the others though.

Also a question. I've already done the kethane tank but I wanted to ask, on the info screen liquid fuel and oxidizer have their name then a value in blue on the left hand info screen, whereas my kethane tank doesn't... Still the expanded info is there. Is it still going to work without that blue value on the left? I dont have time to test tonight.

[Edit 2]

I've done Ammonia, Argon, Water & liquid methane and they all have blue values, it's only Kethane that doesn't.. Strange. Anyway I'll wait to see if I am allowed to upload them, and also I'll wait for your word on whether you would like for me to do the MKS one's aswell. I'm terrible with modelling but I was considering editing the colouring of the kethane tank but I'll do that tomorrow. Going to watch 47 ronin tonight.

I'll happily include all of the configs folks have :) Not sure which blue value you are referring to - perhaps toss me a screenshot?

Near Future Propulsion adds ArgonGas and LiquidHydrogen (as well as some uranium resources for reactors but why you'd need an asteroidful I can only imagine).

Also, question for the author. how compatible is this with Asteroid Cities? Is there a chance that with some coordination, they could be made compatible?

No reason why they could not be compatible. Out of the box, one of us loses out on mass taken by the other since I believe asteroids cities reduces asteroid mass (which HA does as well). And I am all for collaboration, already sent a PM to the AC author. Assuming he wants to work together, awesome. If not, then I'll still do a reasonable job of making sure I don't break other mods while not restricting what we do with HA.

Yep once I have some time ;)

Okie doke :) - I haven't thouroughly tested them though yet, I have been making a mod for Rimworld and using it to teach me more about modelling/coding :) Wrote my first .dll today >.< Helps that rimworld is easy to mod >.< haha

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently making a patch for resources for insterstellar - kethane and MKS (and any other mods I perhaps have installed and can't remember). If it's okay and they work fine, want me to upload them?

I've done Ammonia, Argon, Water & liquid methane and they all have blue values, it's only Kethane that doesn't.. Strange. Anyway I'll wait to see if I am allowed to upload them, and also I'll wait for your word on whether you would like for me to do the MKS one's aswell. I'm terrible with modelling but I was considering editing the colouring of the kethane tank but I'll do that tomorrow. Going to watch 47 ronin tonight.

Want.

I was going to learn to code just for this! Well, I was gonna mess around with some .cfg files.

Steam to LqdWater is one thing I was hoping for, and it would be cool also to be able to acquire Alumina and other solids from 'roids.

How were the Ronin?

Is there any progress on a storage tank/module for the rock waste? I'm more interested in resource gathering than fuel storage - it feels rather wasteful to hollow out an asteroid without doing anything with it.

Is there any progress on a storage tank/module for the rock waste? I'm more interested in resource gathering than fuel storage - it feels rather wasteful to hollow out an asteroid without doing anything with it.

Going to do some fiddling around with this, got the new texture from WaRi so plan on giving this some love :)

Going to do some fiddling around with this, got the new texture from WaRi so plan on giving this some love :)

Great to hear!

Am I right that the code for converstion would be something along these lines for an alumina-rich 'roid (from the Thunder Aerospace Carbon Extractor part by TaranisElsu)?

// --- resource parameters ---

MODULE

{

name = HollowAsteroidAluminaConverter

converterName = Alumina Extractor

extractName = Extract Alumina

// Number of units to convert per day (24 hours)

// it should be able to manage a good amount but not too quickly

conversionRate = 3600

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.

// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which

// is multiplied by the conversionRate)

inputResources = Rock, 10, ElectricCharge, 500

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above

// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the

// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).

outputResources = Alumina, 0.01, false, Rubble, 10, true

}

I was thinking also about how it might be possible to implement use of Interstellar's GasChromatography MassSpectrometer, when attached to the Claw, to analyse the composition of the asteroid. A for Science and B for determining what it's going to provide - though I suppose that requires already putting the claw there before you know what storage modules you want to bring up.. hmm.

So who wants to see a movie?

The part animates and extends the laser upon docking with an asteroid. Once the generator kicks on, you see a nice red glow from the laser. Working on adding particles and also setting up the tanks with a similar animation behavior as well as use Firespitter to handle texture/content swapping.

Given that money will be added in 0.24, would it be possible to sell the rock back at kerbin (or refine it in orbit)? i can't see much practical use for asteroids other than massive fuel depots, so adding a financial incentive would be way cool.

Given that money will be added in 0.24, would it be possible to sell the rock back at kerbin (or refine it in orbit)? i can't see much practical use for asteroids other than massive fuel depots, so adding a financial incentive would be way cool.

No reason why not, already addressing how to mine stuff for money with MKS so it's an easy patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, but there seems to be a problem with tweak scale. When you scale down the "jaw" the max-amount of rock goes down from 1.0 to .13 or so. Since the "drill-collect rock up to 1.0 units-vent-do it again" cycle never reaches 1.0 the process cannot continue. I had to edit the rock value in the persistence file by hand, and now its working again.

But nice work, i really like the effects, from iva it looks like 2001 :)