Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hyomoto said:

Thanks Squad!  Still love the game even after spending 700 hours with it!

Im at the same point and I feel the same way, honestly, its just now becoming really great to play since my skills and knowledge has increased so much, thanks to the community and Squad for that.

Thank you Squad, for reinventing my love for space.  I  always have loved it, but I hadn't been as into it as much until I found KSP.  It also has inspired me to start working on my own games, and made me actually like Unity.  KSP has been the only game that has ever appealed to a nerd like me.  Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want to thank the developers of kerbal for helping me with their amazing game. My whole life I have suffered with bipolar to varying extreme and went through a particularly volatile period the past two years. My decisions become more irrational (and hilarious if you look at them right (which you have to) ) when I have my "manic" phases.But I close myself off from people for fear of showing my distress. When I am low I hide myself out of low energy and inability to cope (I feel slow). But always there and always constant is the free space that is ksp. When I've had a tough day at uni I go back to my laptop, boot up ksp and forget about my stress, forget about my problems and just exist. I have a sand box I dedicate to when I am most manic and some of the creations are umm, jebediah like... 

I look forward to 1.1

Well i essentially joined the forums because i wanted to thank the development team for this awesome game. Spent 200 hours on it and it looks like i will play much more! I'm learning a lot, whenever i play KSP i end up reading something about space in Wikipedia or watching interesting science videos in Youtube. which often leads to philosophy related stuff. This game is unique, complex, and rewarding as no other, i seriously think it is the best game i have ever played, nostalgia aside.
Also thanks to the community making awesome mods, articles and tutorials, although i have not installed any mods yet, i wont until i get bored of the vanilla game -also, i have a weak computer so i fear they would make the game unstable or too slow, but still a lot of them look amazing and required a lot of work.
So, thanks!

Is there a way to show the developers how thankful you are of them? 

I too have recently bought this game (I didn't even know it existed for so long!) and am completely blown away by it! The gameplay seems never ending, it's realistic and indeed, as a previous user mentioned, the developers do not assume their userbase is stupid! It is indeed a game which really learns you a lot, makes you 'plan' your moves and keeps it fun during the whole proces.

Developers of Squad, if you read this: my sincere compliments to the whole development team!

14 minutes ago, Cmaj6 said:

Is there a way to show the developers how thankful you are of them?

I'd consider gifting the game to all of my buddies who might be slightly interested. ^_^

Welcome to the forum by the way! Hope you'll stick around...

• 2 weeks later...

I am 50 years and last years i got more and more bored from playing "modern" computer games, what i do since i can speak

on Arcades, Consoles and finally Computers.

KSP gave me a new life in my life-time-game-experience and -entertainment (and -dependency :p). Since i am/got "Kerbalized",

and that happend in the moment of my first "press spacebar to launch" some years ago i dont "play" any other games anymore.

It also makes me understanding ESA/NASA videos and science press conferences a lot better than before. 

Also thanks to that awesome Modding-Community which makes a great game much much greater and varying.

The only i miss is Unity5 (Multicore, 64bit, Vilkan) and a  multiplayer able to share/co-work on Contracts and Missions.

Before KSP my vision of space flight was essentially "rocket go up, weeee, space floating no gravity" and the rest was just, like, magic or something.

Now, less than a year later, I can easily recite the Apollo mission profile in unsettling amounts of detail, I can fly realistic rendezvous missions in RSS, and much more. KSP opened a LOT of doors for me. It's by far my favorite game. 

Also, guys, don't hate on people who play KSP just for the explosions. I was introduced to KSP by one of nerdcubed's videos. At the time I had a pretty good grasp on aviation and recognized the navball, which made me research the game further... and we're all familiar with what happens after that

Edited by KerbonautInTraining
I was "tooting my own horn" a bit there wasn't I?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.