Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

On 10/6/2016 at 2:24 PM, FullMetalMachinist said:

Even though it's stickied, I'm 'bumping' this thread. The past 18 hours or so has been pretty rough. 

I'd just like to to extend my gratitude to @SQUAD for all the work on this awesome, amazing game. 

It really rubs me the wrong way that most of the reactions to the news of some devs leaving has been "OMG, are they going to stop giving us Free Stuff!? How dare they, I need an explanation!" Instead, how about saying "hey Squad, thanks for all the free stuff that you've given us so far." 

So, I'll say that here. KSP has been, by far, the best game I've ever played, and it has just gotten better and better. So thanks. 

To @Mu. , @taniwha, @NathanKell, @sarbian, @Romfarer, @Arsonide, @Porkjet, and @Claw:  thank you so much for all your hard work. 

To @RoverDude, @Badie, @UomoCapra, @nightingale, @sal_vager, and all the rest at @SQUAD, thank you for all you have done, and continue to do. KSP is in good hands. I look forward to the future, whatever that holds. 

It's really cool to read this! We will miss them, but it's cool to know that people remember we are still here!| Thanks~

2 hours ago, Badie said:

Thanks I really appreciate that! 

I gotta say thanks also, you guys are awesome! Hope TwitchCon is in SD next year and more of you guys can come! Awesome meeting @UomoCapra and Alejandro! Can't wait to see what we're getting in 1.3!

Edited by legoclone09

Thankyou Squad, your dedication and commitment to KSP have given us (The Community) many memorable moments and laughs.

You have re-invigorated a deeper passion for space in many of us, and that alone has given KSP a special place in my heart. Keep up the great work!

Just wanted to say thank you to Squad for the work they put into 1.2, hats off!!!   I've been critical about the game in the past, but in this latest release a lot of features that were requested in the past have finally be added, alongside many improvements. The extra categories is a god-send for people using a lot of mods, and Squad finally (!) added KJR functionality to greatly improve the wet noodle joints, plus the hyper-edit features. So after some yapping and moaning I think it is also time I say thank you to squad for their efforts!  You made the greatest game on the planet even greater!!!!

Edited by Jimbodiah

Thanks, devs. I've never actually posted in this thread because I was waiting for the right moment, but I guess it's the time now.

Even though I rant about many things I consider bad and wrong, KSP is one of my favourite games of all time. And it has actually sparked in me the interest for history of spaceflight and space exploration. It made me care about a few things I wasn't aware of a few years ago.

I'm actually glad I found this game and supported it.

Edited by Veeltch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a console player and I want to thank the Squad team for not only allowing KSP to be ported to console but for the extra effort put in to make sure the console version is re'ported by another company to fix amd squash any gamebreakers.

Squad could have just hashed the console port up to a bad port and left it at that. No communication or effort to let console players know our issues are being adressed. Just like countless other dev companies have done with even their poor game wrote specifically for console architecture. 

I know the PC players have much more to be thankful for and rightfully so. Squad has made such an excellent game. A game ive been waiting for ever since I used the shuttle tracker on my old i386 in dosshell. So thank you for bringing this to the console and for the continued effort keeping the release stable.

Having used everything from my first computer, a ZX81 right through Amiga, Atari ST, PS, Xbox, PC and many consoles/computers in between KSP is the most addictively brilliant game, so much so that at least 10 times through my working day I come up with another tweak to an existing craft or a new "ahh! That's a good idea". 50% of the time it works and 50 it doesn't but the one thing KSP has is just that....the return to game and try again value and when it succeeds BOOM!!....a feeling that spurs me further on in this endless game.

It's took nearly 44 years of my life to find something so good that it's part of my life and forever will be even if all the updates were to stop now.

So, as many, many have said before me, thankyou Squad for giving  me something I will enjoy till I meet my maker :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've spent 4 years thinking my computer couldn't handle KSP. I heard of it when I was watching videos about SimplePlanes. The people that played it kept saying "I learned [something] from Kerbal Space Program. I checked it out and I LOVED it. It has planes and rockets which I like. For 4 years, I've been waiting. Once I looked at the requirements again, I saw that my computer could handle it. I got it. I'm having fun. Thanks to Squad for making this amazing game.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23
Grammar error

My gosh, this game is amazing for everyone. The exploration, development, and explosions are awesome! Especially the explosions! They bring out the humour. I like creating rockets and sending them to Jool, and watching others do so. And blow stuff up. I've watched this game for 3 years, and eventually, I came to my nerves to buy the game, and I fell in love with it instantly. I don't know about you guys, but within the past year, I've had over 850 hours over gametime on this game. Well done Squad, this is the best game ever.

11 minutes ago, EliteGuy3 said:

My gosh, this game is amazing for everyone. The exploration, development, and explosions are awesome! Especially the explosions! They bring out the humour. I like creating rockets and sending them to Jool, and watching others do so. And blow stuff up. I've watched this game for 3 years, and eventually, I came to my nerves to buy the game, and I fell in love with it instantly. I don't know about you guys, but within the past year, I've had over 850 hours over gametime on this game. Well done Squad, this is the best game ever.

I've had it for a month.

Yes, big thanks to the development staff, the modding community, and the very brilliant and helpful player community!   You all have been wonderful (and I think I learned a thing or two along the way!)

I am cannot say thank you enough to all of the DEV team and Modders alike !

As you have not been thanked enough.

so many are quick to complain because they didn't understand what updates are about. "they spent a few bucks". yet they will in time realize how tremendous a game this is and just got better.

It has always been changing and for the better..every operating system and game have updated and each presented the next game or they die of old age(boredom)..

Thank You All for your time and brain space.

now more than ever children around the world can explore and learn while playing. Adults are hooked as well because they can test the premise of their engineering skills that they have been acquired throughout their lives and for so little money, they have an outlet...

THANK YOU !

Keep the updates coming

Edited by Jammer-TD

• 2 weeks later...

I never wrote something in this forums, but I really have to thank you for this awesome game. I play it once in a week since 2013, and I am still enjoying it. 

I am sure there are countless other players who love the game, but are never seen on the forums.

(Sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker, and I never write much :wink: )

• 4 weeks later...

It's awesome to see the amount of people here expressing their love and thanks for KSP, and I would like to add mine.

Thank You Squad!

Not just for what is probably the best game I've ever played but also for your attitude to the community and activity on these forums.

KSP has bought me many hours of fun (and will bring many more!), and proves a great help in further educating me about orbital mechanics, space flight and astrophysics. Both through the game itself and sparking interest for research.

So along with everyone else here:

Thank you! And good luck for the future. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Well... thanks I guess, like there isn't much more to be said, you have made an amazing game and community. That seems very hard to do these days, but with a game as great as Kerbal Space Program it is hard for people not to love it. My best regards to the KSP team for all you have done, you have certainly impressed me and a lot of others. Thanks!:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.