Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks, KSP-team, for creating a wonderful sandbox game with a really state of the art mod support. Creating an engine with a good API and providing the core game as a "mod" is brilliant. For me - a software developer - this is a pleasure to know.

In the end, when it comes down to evaluate KSP's success, for me it all comes down to this: an endless source of new ideas, features and gameplay fun.

Well done Squad!

I was always the kid (who am i kidding i'm still 15) that would go out on the roof of his house to look up at the stars and stare at the moon for hours wondering what it would be like to get there someday. Thank you Squad for making so many of those wishes and dreams a virtual reality. I never thought it would be possible. But you made it more than possible. Thank you so much. Now KSP is one of the most important things in my life. i avergae 3+ hours playing a day and i never want to stop. KSP has taken over my life, and i welcome it to.

I have a story.

I used to play a game called NationStates, and the forum section often revolved around discussions of religion and politics. Believe me, if you ever wondered why they banned religion and politics on the KSP forums, just look on NS. It is biased toward a certain view (I won't name it, stupidity would result) and if you don't agree with them, well too bad, get in line or get out. New people are often shunned in favor of the movers-and-shakers who have played for years. There were even a few people who liked a certain hateful regime of the past, and people actually put them among the top of the hierarchy. Yes, really. It wasn't just a toxic community--it was basically one giant barrel of toxic waste. I checked it recently--it's only gotten worse. Obviously, this was a bad first impression of the internet.

So you understand why I was suspicious of the KSP forum at first. But as it turns out, the KSP community is not at all like that. We are warm and kind. We welcome newbies. We respect differing opinions, and can even have civil debate on them. In all the time I've been on the forum, I have seen exactly one true troll, and he was banned when he started getting really nasty. In other words, it restored my faith in humanity.

I just wanted to thank the KSP community for its awesomeness. We will never be NationStates. Thank you everyone, especially SQUAD for making this all happen!

I am happy simply because i have wanted a game like this my whole life (no joke). I always had interests in astronomy and rockets since i was young and I faintly remember wishing that i could have a game where i could build rockets and fly them across the solar system. Of course the years have passed and things have flew behind, i gained new interests in computers and was starting to loose my interest in science. Then it seems like one day i find this game and its great. Honestly i was amazed, i couldn't believe how great the game was, i started to play more games after related to space like space engine. I even bought a new telescope, i haven't used one since i was little which i only saw the moon with. This game was probably the best game i have ever played or found, I couldn't thank the ksp team enough.:)

I am very happy to see all the improvement on 0.23.5(I think thats what its called). You guys are doing a fantastic job at this game. I still can't believe this game is ONLY alpha. I can't imagine how great this game will be in 1.0. Thank you KSP devs for making my favorite game and thank you people of the ksp community. This community is by far one of the best game communities I have ever seen. I can't wait to play the new update and do some science on asteroids and launch huge rockets. This is the best game I have ever played and I never get bored of it. :D

Edited by tygoo7

I really cannot express just how great is really is here. Jedi Master you have a great story and me watching and listening in to my sources would easily say that this is the greatest community around.

I think the main reason is down deep we all like to build and share our creations and like to see everyone else's work as well. I can grap a number of other good communities that I listen to, but I really think of the KSP community as the Utopia of Internet groups. The best example available. And it is the Community Manager and the Squad team that makes sure the fun never ends here on the forums.

Later.

As much as I appreciate the devs bringing us the most unique and interesting game I have seen since Civilization 1, I want to say thanks to Squad, the marketing company.

They recognized that they had an unusual talent amongst them, so unique in fact, that they realized it was a good idea to give a certain dev his opportunity to create a video game.

In most cases I believe he would of had his resignation accepted with nary a complaint. After all, you don't turn a marketing company into a game producer with no experience in creating a game at all, and expect a positive outcome.

Squad did. And that fact alone shows a quality of leadership at that company that has to be a very rare thing indeed. Thankfully Harvester worked for them, or we may of never heard of Kerbin.

820 hrs since it went on Steam...I must of played the 0.13 demo for 100 hours (On a DEMO! ) and who knows in the three months between when I bought it and it went on Steam. Price to play ratio is incredible, it was $17.00 US when I bought it. I have paid much, much more for a far smaller return in playable hours.

Just taking a break right now until 0.23.5 or whatever they're calling it officially. The ARM mission and working officially with NASA was not only unprecedented, but, completely an unexpected thing to happen. I know it never crossed my mind when I purchased it. Best Value EVER in a game.

It even gave me a good reason to build a new computer. Went from 2fps on launch of a 565 part ship to 11 for the same ship.

Of course this begs a question...Why does KSP look relatively smooth at that framerate? Until I ran FRAPS, I thought it was around 20 or better, I was shocked it was only 11 and looked that good.

Thanks Squad!

Bob, Jeb and Bill say thanks as well. :huh::cool::confused:

Edited by pslytely psycho
Wanted to babble more.....

Hi, Squad.

You know, every time you bring a new update, I wonder - how can they really keep making this game better? Well, somehow, you keep doing it. The 23.5 update is great! The new large parts are just the ticket for getting the 3-man capsule into orbit. The ARM? Holy crap, that thing is cool! I was playing around in orbit, tossing spent boosters into new orbits just for the fun of it all. I wonder: can you grab a Kerbal with one? :D

Since I discovered this game last year it has given me endless hours of enjoyment and I look forward to what is yet to come. Thank you Squad for making such a great idea into a game and thank you especially for keeping it DRM free so far, since DRM gives me nothing but headaches when problems arise, be it from modding or software bugs. Thanks to the mod developers for enriching the game. There are some truly great things being made and I am in awe at the rate of progress.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.