Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

Vanilla life support requirements? No, not gonna happen.

Well, don’t get me wrong: I’m not happy with all of their decisions and think vanilla KSP lacks a lot of stuff. But I think them being a bunch of awesome and “non-EA-like†guys is out of the question.

Actually the fact that they aren’t mad at me expressing my opinion qualifies them as cool. And then they are crazy and nice on top of that.

Very rare these days and deserves a "thank you" imho.

Edited because Alshain is better at jokes than me

lol, Valve and Squad have a lot in common. Most of Valve's titles are buyouts from fans. They buy the rights, hire the crew, and let them do their thing. DOTA, Portal, and Left 4 Dead are all the result of that type of action (I think Half-Life might be too, unsure). Squad has done the same thing, most recently Spaceplane+ but other times in the past as well.

SQUADCast is a good example. Usually I’m not too pleased with what Maxmaps reveals. But he’s throwing around his arms and forgetting solar panels all the time so I’m having a good time and just can’t be mad, because it’s just so human.

Call me crazy, I like them :wink:

lol, Valve and Squad have a lot in common. Most of Valve's titles are buyouts from fans. They buy the rights, hire the crew, and let them do their thing. DOTA, Portal, and Left 4 Dead are all the result of that type of action (I think Half-Life might be too, unsure). Squad has done the same thing, most recently Spaceplane+ but other times in the past as well.

Half-Life is all Valve, which actually was a Quake mod. Valve is all about turning mods into full-fledged games, as all the ones you listed have mods at their roots. Left4Dead started as a CounterStrike mod for concept, then was built up from scratch with the Source engine to the game we know today.

That's today's fun fact.

Squad is quite awesome, indeed. They start a little program for model rocketry, and then they go and let it explode into the game we have today. I doubt Harvester and his original gang even imagined it would become this when they first sat down and started it. I always enjoy reading Harv's blogs, as they do lighten my day, and the gang is always so faithful in keeping us informed on what's been going on, even if it was who won the last thumb war in the office the other day. Really makes me feel part of it all.

as a gamer,I have seen lot of game companies,and yeah squad is different :) Im waiting for 3 things right now, Ksp 0.25, War thunder 1.43 update, And The Witcher 3.. Clearly War thunder developers makes me crazy,and Squad makes me happy,Witcher's developers also makes me happy because they care their customers..

On the other hand,Ubisoft has great ideas but they suck at making optimized games. Ea is not directly making games but,their marketing is terrible for me.

• 2 weeks later...
as a gamer,I have seen lot of game companies,and yeah squad is different :) Im waiting for 3 things right now, Ksp 0.25, War thunder 1.43 update, And The Witcher 3.. Clearly War thunder developers makes me crazy,and Squad makes me happy,Witcher's developers also makes me happy because they care their customers..

On the other hand,Ubisoft has great ideas but they suck at making optimized games. Ea is not directly making games but,their marketing is terrible for me.

EA seems to only care about the money really. I don't have the Sims 4, but from seeing a video I know that I'll never get it. I also won't get it because of the 78 missing (mostly Major) features. Seriously though, the Sims 4 is a DOWNGRADE from the Sims 3 it seems.

Because I am never finished with my save (i play sandbox) I'm always a little worried of how it will affect my save but for .25 I had almost no problems :)

The only thing to fix was update RPM and tweak-scale which took next to no time :D

Edit: I lied..... having major issues with crashes for no reason... didn't change anything or add any mods :(

Edited by montyben101

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Squad, for listening to your community in the recent Engine performance boost controversy! Obviously not everyone will like every feature in the final game, but I appreciate your willingness to pull a controversial feature. My respect has gone up even more for you guys! :cool:

Thread revival - because it deserves it.

Yes, thank you indeed! This game is very addictive and just the kind of challenge I enjoy most. Best of all, the developers have been very modern and proactive by involving themselves in the community.

I have seen some games succeed by a great margin and others avoid a fatal fallout by listening to the community. It's easier and more popular than ever to do so, thanks for taking the time!

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be the proper place to put this. Just read the devnotes for yesterday and I am very happy. The whole barn thing was the first time I'd ever disagreed with a move the devs had made, and to see that mine and others concerns have been acknowledged is amazing. It seems like ya'll are striving to meet a good compromise despite the hours of work it will add. You guys are truly the best dev team I've ever had the pleasure to buy from; and you set a great example for how early access should be. So thank you KSP Development Team, for your hard work and for being so close to the community.

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing since version .20 and i have to say, that you guys at Squad have done a remarkable good job when looking back at how far you´ve gotten in .25.

So, thank you for all those cool & fun moments in space and those things to come!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.