togfox

Thanks KSP team :)

Recommended Posts

I don't think I've been so challenged by the game since Colobot. Thank you SQUAD and keep adding features, optimising and fixing bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREATEST THANKS to Felipe and all SQUAD team for this incredible game.

Keep it in developing and awesoming, and good luck in all. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP gives me a way to bring all my dreams of flying in space to life when I'm not doing the hard work that I still have 11+ years left of before I can actually do so. Thank you for sharing this "little space game" with the world, now millions can relive their childhood dreams and it is so much more than a little space game, it and the spectacular community it has created have done so much for people in hard times, and given countless fond memories to a great many people who all share their love for the little green, grinning, gaping, bug-eyed creatures in spacesuits. It is wonderful what this game has done. Thank you to all that made it happen.

Edited by cubinator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time player here. Just purchased on xbox.  Want to say phenomenal job on the port guys.  Thousands of hours of gameplay available here, arguably the most complex sandbox on console and it runs like a top first try.  Kudos are due to squad and flying tiger.  You mostly met your window(Sry sceu) with a non buggered working port.  I haven't seen that from an indy on xbox 1 til you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Squad and all the modders out there who make this Game great.

 

PS: i don't believe this thread has only ~480 replies :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say I think kerbal space program is one of the best space slight simulators out there, it is funny, querky and really enjoyable to play. The endless possibilities make this game incredible, keep up the good work squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First if all I would like to express my gratitude to the people giving Filipe the opportunity to realise his tinfoil childhoods dream, and with that the dream of many. Then to the whole squad team for actually shaping this dream into what KSP is nowadays. And last but not least to all the modders creating the possibility to make KSP as fun/realistic/hard as one could wish.

I'm playing KSP for a couple of months now. Being very interested in astronomy, the real-life space program and being an enthousiastic gamer everybody working on KSP have hit the very sweet spot in me.

The cartoonesc "little-green-men" aestetics but pretty serious and realistic simulation of physics gives me the feeling that KSP holds a place somewhere in between a game, a simulation and a learning platform. I've never experienced such a feeling in the couple of decades of playing videogames.

Not giving away much about how KSP works (kind of throwing newcomers into the darkness of space) through the easy to understand, but limited in-game tutorials enqouraged me to read up on different aspects of spacetravel. I've learned so much more about spacetravel in the last few months than in the many years before! And writing this on a gameforum (first time I ever did) is a testimony to my enthousiasm :)

Spore was great fun, KSP is bloody excellent. A true adventure of discovery! Great work to all of you. Thanks!

Now then, of to build a sattelite network...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Epicdreamer said:

First if all I would like to express my gratitude to the people giving Filipe the opportunity to realise his tinfoil childhoods dream, and with that the dream of many. Then to the whole squad team for actually shaping this dream into what KSP is nowadays. And last but not least to all the modders creating the possibility to make KSP as fun/realistic/hard as one could wish.

I'm playing KSP for a couple of months now. Being very interested in astronomy, the real-life space program and being an enthousiastic gamer everybody working on KSP have hit the very sweet spot in me.

The cartoonesc "little-green-men" aestetics but pretty serious and realistic simulation of physics gives me the feeling that KSP holds a place somewhere in between a game, a simulation and a learning platform. I've never experienced such a feeling in the couple of decades of playing videogames.

Not giving away much about how KSP works (kind of throwing newcomers into the darkness of space) through the easy to understand, but limited in-game tutorials enqouraged me to read up on different aspects of spacetravel. I've learned so much more about spacetravel in the last few months than in the many years before! And writing this on a gameforum (first time I ever did) is a testimony to my enthousiasm :)

Spore was great fun, KSP is bloody excellent. A true adventure of discovery! Great work to all of you. Thanks!

Now then, of to build a sattelite network...;)

I would love to share you enthusiasm and joy of this game but unfortunately I'm living in Europe playing on ps4 so we are the only ones who are missing out while the rest of the world get on with it.I'll be honest I'm really fed up of waiting for this game to be released if it going to be released at all. What infuriated me was that this delay/cancellation (you choose Squad) came less than 24 hrs before release and the fact that no one is giving us any updated news is just plain ignorant. I was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this but with the way I feel I've been treated I think I'll give it a miss, your loss Squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phil Davies said:

I would love to share you enthusiasm and joy of this game but unfortunately I'm living in Europe playing on ps4 so we are the only ones who are missing out while the rest of the world get on with it.I'll be honest I'm really fed up of waiting for this game to be released if it going to be released at all. What infuriated me was that this delay/cancellation (you choose Squad) came less than 24 hrs before release and the fact that no one is giving us any updated news is just plain ignorant. I was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this but with the way I feel I've been treated I think I'll give it a miss, your loss Squad. 

A bit off topic for this thread, but the producer of KSP has a thread going on about the status of patches for the console versions and the PS4 Europe release, most recent update was last Thursday. I gather it not being approved in time for the release day was as much a surprise to Squad as to everyone else, i.e. they announced that the Europe release was going to be delayed when they learned that it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

A bit off topic for this thread, but the producer of KSP has a thread going on about the status of patches for the console versions and the PS4 Europe release, most recent update was last Thursday. I gather it not being approved in time for the release day was as much a surprise to Squad as to everyone else, i.e. they announced that the Europe release was going to be delayed when they learned that it was.

Ok I stand corrected sorry, I just felt that there was no progress due to lack of information in the recent month until now. I just feel that what upset me the most was that I was really REALLY looking forward to playing this, here's hoping it won't be to long to wait now then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phil Davies said:

Ok I stand corrected sorry, I just felt that there was no progress due to lack of information in the recent month until now. I just feel that what upset me the most was that I was really REALLY looking forward to playing this, here's hoping it won't be to long to wait now then. 

No apology necessary, I'd be frustrated if I was in your shoes, too. Hope you don't have to wait too long. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time PC destoryer of kerbals.....err I mean scientist and explorer.....

 

Amazing game both me and my 7yr old daughter love it, we set challenges and see what each other come up with, and whether we succeed!

great fun, keep up the good work, oh and my daughter says "Hi" :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Thanks KSP team! Your work has helped to increase my vocabulary, knowledge and has given me a greater appreciation for those who have made, and for those now making, extraterrestrial exploration possible. You have helped to create a brilliantly entertaining work that, I'm sure, is an inspiration for some of Earth's next generation of scientific explorers. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Squad, you made me

- Become really interested in the space technology and advancement

- Made me have the most interesting, funny and raging game that I ever had

- Allowing me to try the game for free, and I bought it when it was at v0.90

- Giving us this awesome forum

- Giving people all the tools to mod your game and make it very different at each install

- Providing such a great job at each update

- Keeping up with amelioration and updating

- Making me take a good decision in my professional life and specializing myself in propulsion engineering

- And finally, doing what you do considering how hard it is where you live, you really risked your life for us Squad.

 

Sincerely, Thank you.

Samy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it's stickied, I'm 'bumping' this thread. The past 18 hours or so has been pretty rough. 

I'd just like to to extend my gratitude to @SQUAD for all the work on this awesome, amazing game. 

It really rubs me the wrong way that most of the reactions to the news of some devs leaving has been "OMG, are they going to stop giving us Free Stuff!? How dare they, I need an explanation!" Instead, how about saying "hey Squad, thanks for all the free stuff that you've given us so far." 

So, I'll say that here. KSP has been, by far, the best game I've ever played, and it has just gotten better and better. So thanks. 

To @Mu. , @taniwha, @NathanKell, @sarbian, @Romfarer, @Arsonide, @Porkjet, and @Claw:  thank you so much for all your hard work. 

To @RoverDude, @Badie, @UomoCapra, @nightingale, @sal_vager, and all the rest at @SQUAD, thank you for all you have done, and continue to do. KSP is in good hands. I look forward to the future, whatever that holds. 

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of recent events I`d like to take this chance to just say thank you to all the people who over the years have had a hand in shaping the ideas and code that went into making one of my favourite games, Kerbal Space Program. Thanks to Harvester et al for the idea and drive to make it happen. I didn`t know how much I was missing this game until I found it.

Thanks to the unpaid moderators of this free forum past and present and to Squad for providing it to us free.

Thanks also to the makers of mods, all of you, without you KSP would be a pale imitation of what you make it. You make the dream of KSP a reality.

Thank you for making may favourite game better and less buggy @Mu., @taniwha, @NathanKell, @sarbian, @Romfarer, @Arsonide, @Porkjet, and @Claw, As a user i have noticed the benefit to the game of your presence in the team.Sad to see you go, glad you did what you did. Thanks.

Thanks to those staying on to carry on KSP development @RoverDude and co.

It is difficult to think of a game which I have enjoyed as much and for so long as KSP.

Nice one all of you, you made something good.

If anyone else would like to post anything positive feel free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP is truly a unique game, it's one of the few games that can make me laugh stupidly at my own crazy designs that work surprisingly well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice sentiment there, @JohnFX! I hope you don't mind me merging your thread with the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Deddly said:

Some nice sentiment there, @JohnFX! I hope you don't mind me merging your thread with the other one.

All good, thought afterwards it should be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 October 2016 at 2:49 PM, John FX said:

In light of recent events I`d like to take this chance to just say thank you to all the people who over the years have had a hand in shaping the ideas and code that went into making one of my favourite games, Kerbal Space Program. Thanks to Harvester et al for the idea and drive to make it happen. I didn`t know how much I was missing this game until I found it.

Thanks to the unpaid moderators of this free forum past and present and to Squad for providing it to us free.

Thanks also to the makers of mods, all of you, without you KSP would be a pale imitation of what you make it. You make the dream of KSP a reality.

Thank you for making may favourite game better and less buggy @Mu., @taniwha, @NathanKell, @sarbian, @Romfarer, @Arsonide, @Porkjet, and @Claw, As a user i have noticed the benefit to the game of your presence in the team.Sad to see you go, glad you did what you did. Thanks.

Thanks to those staying on to carry on KSP development @RoverDude and co.

It is difficult to think of a game which I have enjoyed as much and for so long as KSP.

Nice one all of you, you made something good.

If anyone else would like to post anything positive feel free.

You forgot @nightingale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.