Thread The Shouldn't Appear In Google

Beale

Very nice! I look forward to trying it out. As for feed back, there is a mod that is similar to this, Home Grown Rocket parts, with a soyuz/shenzhou stock alike orbiter. How wide are those parts? They look to be about 1.25 meters but its hard to tell from the pics.

Very nice! I look forward to trying it out. As for feed back, there is a mod that is similar to this, Home Grown Rocket parts, with a soyuz/shenzhou stock alike orbiter. How wide are those parts? They look to be about 1.25 meters but its hard to tell from the pics.

Hi!

These parts are 1.25 metres.

This sadly means it was impossible to fit three Kerbals in the Soyuz pod, without raising a few eyebrows.

sorry for double post but are those habitats and solar panels

Great looking parts, and I am going to second Helix935 in wondering where those habitats and solar panels are from? Are they something you made?

The Soyuz spacecraft has an ISP of about 330s and the Lunar Module's descent engines had an ISP of 311s and the ascent engines had an ISP of 300s.

Edited by 15nelsoc

sorry for double post but are those habitats and solar panels

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply as the time-zone difference is a bit awkward.

Yes, these are some Habitats, Solar Panels and a Launchpad I made for Kerbtown.

Given that the current version of Kerbtown is sort of "broken" with 0.23.5, I didn't really want to release them (Though if there is demand, why not!).

The Soyuz spacecraft has an ISP of about 330s and the Lunar Module's descent engines had an ISP of 311s and the ascent engines had an ISP of 300s.

Many thanks for these numbers!

Edited by Beale

i would recommend changing the name of the LLL - Libra Landing Logistics parts. LLL is already synonymous with Lack Luster Labs.

Ah!

Thankyou, this is a very good point that hadn't crossed my mind, I'll look for alternative names.

I took a quick look in game to check out your IVAs. It's awesome that you managed to squeeze two kerbals into the TST crew module, I know how hard getting two side by side like that is. :wink:

With the LLL crew module it looks like you put the interior mesh into the "internal spaces" layer. Something you might consider doing is spliting the mesh so that everything in front of the kerbal is in "internal spaces" and everything behind him is in "kerbal" layer. Then you will see the space behind him in the picture, but it won't be blocked by the front of the IVA. (I assume this is why you put it on that layer)

I think you're off to a good start and I think a lot of people will like this. (I know a few people started on 1.25m Soyuz-like pod but never finished) I do have one question though, why is your orbital module unmanned?

I took a quick look in game to check out your IVAs. It's awesome that you managed to squeeze two kerbals into the TST crew module, I know how hard getting two side by side like that is. :wink:

With the LLL crew module it looks like you put the interior mesh into the "internal spaces" layer. Something you might consider doing is spliting the mesh so that everything in front of the kerbal is in "internal spaces" and everything behind him is in "kerbal" layer. Then you will see the space behind him in the picture, but it won't be blocked by the front of the IVA. (I assume this is why you put it on that layer)

I think you're off to a good start and I think a lot of people will like this. (I know a few people started on 1.25m Soyuz-like pod but never finished) I do have one question though, why is your orbital module unmanned?

Thanks for this, yes positioning the kerbal transforms was an absolute nightmare of trial and error! :)

Also some very good advice on the layer setup in Unity, I had resorted to some funky camera angle to avoid view clipping issues. Also, could this be related to the problem of my IVAs not being lit correctly?

The orbital module being unmanned is mainly due to laziness at the moment, I will probably get around to doing a new texture for it (with door and window) as well as a basic IVA.

Edited by Beale

Where are these habs and landing pad from (last screen)?

There are not on your parts list so i assume they are not yours.

They are mine! :D

They are Kerbtown based static objects, however, with Kerbtowns currently "semi-broken" state I haven't thought it wise to released them.

It seems a few people are interested however, so I'll append a download link onto the first post!

do you plan on RPM integration?

I would very much like to! However, I've found it difficult to set up and it's not a priority.

Edited by Beale

1. I thought Kerbtown was fixed? (See last few pages of thread; OP's outdated).

2. Very cool stuff!

I'd kindly ask you at least keep the old IVAs around if you plan to add RPM support, since some of us (well, >=1 of us, i.e. me) play in 50s-60s mode before glass cockpits.

I will definetely check those out :) I have a question is the soyuz engine bound to the service module or an extra part? because I would like a 4 cluster engine for the Shenzou of Orionkermin too :)

Unfortunately, yes it is. However the LK engine is identical in layout and is just the nozzles and pipes (so you might find that fills the role).

I'd kindly ask you at least keep the old IVAs around if you plan to add RPM support, since some of us (well, >=1 of us, i.e. me) play in 50s-60s mode before glass cockpits.

I'm not a user of RPM myself, so no worries (plain old IVA will always be available). It is a very popular prop with many though, so I would like to include it (optionally) at some point.

Very nice parts Beale! I look forward to the development. :)

Make a 3 kerbal Soyuz, and old Soyuz launch stage.

P.S. Thank you. I could be your slave. I love you for this mod.

Please stop demanding okay? It is annoying that you keep saying "Make this soyuz" "Make this russian thing" on every thread and this one was probably the most rude, "Don't care about fregat. Want Zond. And Almaz". You should just make it yourself with all this time you have for demanding. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.