Thread The Shouldn't Appear In Google

Beale

Best looking stockalike Soyuz out there. Well done, ive been looking for something like this for a long time.

Thats very nice to hear! Thankyou.

I will (hopefully) do a release soon, just a few more things.

Tweaking IVAs and finishing the weirdly flat looking Japanese Fuji spacecraft.

Y6n8oWl.png

JkPN3Xm.png

The image I've been using as reference for it. I still need to add orbital module.

Then I will be done (for now) and can start looking at doing things people have suggested.

Many thanks for all the great feedback!

Edited by Beale

Hi! Sorry to bump my own thread. But I've made quite a few changes and am quite excited to show them off (and get some critique)!

I've done the meshes and textures from scratch. The most important thing now is that no VAB tricks / clipping is required to build the Soyuz, it all just snaps together!

f489a5ac63.jpg

d4ffb6c3b8.jpg

New Meshes / Textures, note the new two way RCS block.

8fd2172755.jpg

The old one now looks like garbage :(

b6505ec5c3.jpg

In VAB

1c698a1e29.jpg

New part, an inline parachute / decoupler combo.

a92c02acac.jpg

Throw the orbital module away!

5552dba700.jpg

It's stripy!

The orbital module is now manned, can fit two kerbals, no IVA yet.

Edited by Beale

IVAs are now down.

The Tantares can now fit 4 Kerbals (though only 2 for re-entry. More than the real life Soyuz and at only half the size.

Interior textures are 512x512 and I think the detail is Ok-ish. The originals are in 1024x1024 so I can always upscale.

Crew

4fc370c242.jpg

43dfa7f927.jpg

Orbital

d6fa1b6c7f.jpg

606fd8709e.jpg

Testing this mod has made LKO a mess.

14c37b53fa.jpg

Awesome!

I have a bit of a request if I might: if it's not too much work, could you make a 1-person IVA for the return capsule?

Sure thing! Should only take a minute or so to shuffle the chair :)

Check the release section (hopefully tomorrow) and I'll stick up a one man variant

The new LK is also very nearly done. Fuji is possibly scrap for now

This is great, but what's the antenna for? Is it like the igla? Does it serve a purpose yet? And what is that for your avatar Beale?

Hi, the Antenna is just like a regular in-game antenna. It sends the science. If you have RemoteTech2 it can be modified for that. Sadly nothing as useful as the IGLA.

As for avatar, here it is:

8cd.png

Hi, the Antenna is just like a regular in-game antenna. It sends the science. If you have RemoteTech2 it can be modified for that. Sadly nothing as useful as the IGLA.

As for avatar, here it is:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/647/316/8cd.png

Well, I'm gonna modify it so it has mechjeb rendezvous thing and docking autopilot. But my question for your avatar isn't what it looks like, but what is it?

Are you going to do the orbital module for the D2 as well? I really love that concept and the fact you decided to port it to KSP.

Yeah :)

The bit at the front with the window is the current one. New engine also.

3f9b5816a4.jpg

Crew pod is in middle.

No IVA yet.

Edited by Beale

Salyut

Called the "Vega" in game. Manufactured by "Vega Habitations Conglomerate"

Current work below.

What do people think to the size and proportion? It is based mainly around Salyut 1.

I still need to do some texture work and texture the Salyut engine (probably my highest polygon engine yet, just below 1000 triangles ).

I've never done station parts, it's exciting!

9e3eb76b98.jpg

Salyut

Called the "Vega" in game. Manufactured by "Vega Habitations Conglomerate"

Current work below.

What do people think to the size and proportion? It is based mainly around Salyut 1.

I still need to do some texture work and texture the Salyut engine (probably my highest polygon engine yet, just below 1000 triangles ).

I've never done station parts, it's exciting!

http://puu.sh/9z7Lh/9e3eb76b98.jpg

What are the diameters of those parts?

First of all, great looking, functional parts. Instant download :D

Second, is there a way to toggle the aeroshell of the spica in the VAB? It looks really cool in the middle of a ship but is also beautiful by it self.

First of all, great looking, functional parts. Instant download :D

Second, is there a way to toggle the aeroshell of the spica in the VAB? It looks really cool in the middle of a ship but is also beautiful by it self.

Thank you!

I wish there was, unfortunately no way I know of, it is either with or without. You best bet may be to assign an action group to jettison fairings on a button press. Also tantares with white texture is very similar looking.

- to Gristle -

The bottom is 2.5m, middle is an adapter to 1.25m and the to can is 1.25m :)

I have some better pictures in the release thread.

Thank you!

I wish there was, unfortunately no way I know of, it is either with or without. You best bet may be to assign an action group to jettison fairings on a button press. Also tantares with white texture is very similar looking.

Wouldn't it be possible to just make an alternate config so you could have one with and one without?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.