I need a mechanic

xcorps

Clearly there's a leaking ring, or maybe the oil pump is fouled. Either way, somebody recommend me a good mechanic. The shade tree guy I have work on my hooptycat doesn't do rockets.

uJpfpNh.png

It started with this funny rumble, like a vibration. Well, more like a shimmy. Not really a vibration, but more than normal, you know? Then I smelled something burning that wasn't there before, then all the black smoke and the check engine light came on.

I'm pretty sure the doohicky in the whatchamacallit is grating against the dumaflache on the thingamabob. 100% sure.

I googled that. If it is the doohickey, it's gonna be expensive. If I can just replace the dumaflache it won't be so bad, couple of turns on a good lathe. I might be able to DIY it.

I believe unity is rendering the emissive's incorrectly, so I don't think you need a mechanic, you need a Unity guru

That's way too technical.

Well, I may not be a mechanic, but as CEO of Madness Incorporated, I can say you might be able to increase stability by adding larger wings and control surfaces to the base of your rocket. Also, it won't hurt to install a few SAS wheels for extra torque, cause torque is good unless it's ripping your rocket apart. At which point it's really good, and you should sit back and enjoy your very expensive private fireworks show.

This is intended behaviour of the Big Awesome Coal Column booster. What did you expect the exhaust of a rocket burning space coal to look like?

I'll admit that it's flying an unusual ascent profile, but that's the responsibility of the pilot not the engine.

I googled that. If it is the doohickey, it's gonna be expensive. If I can just replace the dumaflache it won't be so bad, couple of turns on a good lathe. I might be able to DIY it.

Don't let a mechanic talk you into a new doohickey, they're very expensive and it's almost never the problem. If your mechanic recommends it, find a more honest mechanic.

Judging by your pic, I'd hazard to guess that the watchacallit is miscalibrated, a good mechanic should be able to fix it in under an hour with no new parts. You could fix it yourself if you're mechanically inclined, but you'll need a code reader to get the "Check Engine" light to go off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.