[1.12.*] GingerCorp Stock-alike Station Hubs v1.4.1

Starwaster

Well since the license is share-a-like, if there is anyone out there that would shoot me a dropbox link or something let me know :D

Starwaster, sorry if I came off rude, I just wont use curse, and almost every other mod has an alternate download so I thought Id ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Any plans on making similar stockalike 2.5m hubs?

Yes, but not until I am on a PC again. Right now I'm on a 5 yo Macbook Pro coding on it with Monodevelop is about all I'm prepared to do.

I have absolutely no modeling capability on it right now. I could install Blender on it but honestly I'd rather be dipped in bees.

Right, so new update coming. Nothing very big, no new parts as I still have no modeling capabilities. Hoping to have a new machine one of these days but things are tight :(

So, this is what was added:

• GingerCorp as an agency that you will see offering contracts.
  • GingerCorp 5/8 poittnt hub parts now have a testing testing module so that you can get part testing contracts from GingerCorp.

This last part I'm still in the midst of testing; I can't make them show up, at least not through config file alone but if I've interpreted how the system works, hub testing contracts should show up from time to time.

Edited by Starwaster

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

the idea about the 2.5m port sounds great.

Especially regarding the 2+6 port hub. Replacing the vertical ones with 2.5m node would allow the the use of both 1.25m and 2.5m docking ports, thus increasing flexibility without increasing part count.

Thank you for your consideration!

Edited by Yemo

• 3 months later...

Just tested the two parts, then fixed the 5 and tested again to be sure I was doing it right.

The top and bottom nodes on the 8 are backwards, just need a sign flip on the appropriate angle column in the part cfg.

The top, bottom, and "back" connector on the 5 are backwards, same fix. The "back" connector is the one that points to the back of the VAB if you pick it as the first part, it's node_stack_side0 in the part cfg.

This page has all you need to figure it out, if a mod OKs it I'll post the lines I fixed in the part configs later, I don't understand the licensing well enough to be sure it's OK.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#Node_Definitions

Just tested the two parts, then fixed the 5 and tested again to be sure I was doing it right.

The top and bottom nodes on the 8 are backwards, just need a sign flip on the appropriate angle column in the part cfg.

The top, bottom, and "back" connector on the 5 are backwards, same fix. The "back" connector is the one that points to the back of the VAB if you pick it as the first part, it's node_stack_side0 in the part cfg.

This page has all you need to figure it out, if a mod OKs it I'll post the lines I fixed in the part configs later, I don't understand the licensing well enough to be sure it's OK.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#Node_Definitions

The license allows you to adapt and share as long as it is under the same license (IE anyone who receives is under the license, cannot use commercially, and must give credit to the original source). Did you check if they seat alright after the changes with no gaps? I know a few parts had to have minor shifts in some mods besides the +/- indicators on nodes.

This looks awesome! I will be downloading this and trying it out. Can you recommend other Station part mods perhaps? The one on Curse is outdated and does not work.

Thanks!

EDIT: I read May and thought it was this May. Turns out it is a year old. Does this mod even work with 1.0.2

Edited by Ninjahgoblin

This looks awesome! I will be downloading this and trying it out. Can you recommend other Station part mods perhaps? The one on Curse is outdated and does not work.

Thanks!

EDIT: I read May and thought it was this May. Turns out it is a year old. Does this mod even work with 1.0.2

As mentioned, you will have problems attaching to the bottom node.

I'll get an updated version up soon.

The license allows you to adapt and share as long as it is under the same license (IE anyone who receives is under the license, cannot use commercially, and must give credit to the original source). Did you check if they seat alright after the changes with no gaps? I know a few parts had to have minor shifts in some mods besides the +/- indicators on nodes.

I didn't see any gaps after I swapped signs around. Here's what I have in the cfgs now. The top and bottom should be changed on both, and side0 should only be changed on the 5. The rest appear to mount properly.

For the 8:

node_stack_side0 = -1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_side1 = -0.6875, 0, 1.1908, -0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1

node_stack_side2 = 0.6875, 0, 1.1908, 0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1

node_stack_side3 = 1.375, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_side4 = 0.6875, 0, -1.1908, 0.500011, 0.0, -0.866019, 1

node_stack_side5 = -0.6875, 0, -1.1908, -0.500011, 0., -0.866019, 1

node_stack_top = 0, 1.375, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

For the 5:

node_stack_side0 = -0.9325, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_side1 = 0.475, 0, 0.8227, 0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1

node_stack_side2 = 0.475, 0, -0.8227, 0.500011, 0.0, -0.866019, 1

node_stack_top = 0, 1.0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

• 6 months later...
These hubs are awesome. It's a shame there hasnt been a more recent release to bump this thread back to the top of the addons forum so that more people notice them. To that end, I can confirm that these hubs do work with 1.0.5, however...

[quote name='parrots']Just tested the two parts, then fixed the 5 and tested again to be sure I was doing it right.

[/QUOTE]

Having come back to KSP after a while, these were among the first 'must have' parts that I remembered, and downloaded for my new game (I'm all about the stations!). I spent ages scratching my head and doing a lot of node math trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with the nodes. It didnt occur to me that they were flipped, I assumed it was positioning, but that didnt seem right because I found several parts that would actually snap to them properly, just sadly, not the docking ports I was using. Good call Parrots! The node config in the previous post saved the day!

Short version: These hubs do work with 1.0.5, but you will need to adjust the configs, as per the post above this one. Hopefuly Starwaster will release an update incorporating this fix.

^^
Actually, its a change that was made in KSP (for 1.0, IIRC)...For some reason ALL the nodes were flipped around backwards.... So, probably for any pre-1.0 mod that hasnt had an update since then, more than likely you'll have to do this for every part... :( Or, maybe an MM patch could be made?

I just went thru this, editing 62 nodes on just ONE part!... ( I was playing with the Megastrut Antenna from the original RemoteTech... lol)

And yes, these hubs are awesome-sauce... I used to use them... Still would be, but I havent been able to stuff ALL the mods I want into a working install yet... For me, there is NEVER enough RAM, processing, or graphics power to play KSP... lol Edited by Stone Blue

[quote name='Stone Blue']^^
Actually, its a change that was made in KSP (for 1.0, IIRC)...For some reason ALL the nodes were flipped around backwards.... So, probably for any pre-1.0 mod that hasnt had an update since then, more than likely you'll have to do this for every part... :( Or, maybe an MM patch could be made?[/QUOTE]

I'll get an official (overdue) update out for them

And it's not that all the nodes were flipped backwards. Nodes have vectors associated with them and are supposed to face in the direction that the node can be attached from. A node has never been meant to be attached to from behind. However, that wasn't actually being enforced in the code. Technically, that was a bug and with KSP 1.0 the bug was fixed. However, many modded parts had nodes facing the wrong way. It was especially common for the bottom node of a part to be facing upwards instead of downwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Update coming shortly, as soon as it is approved, the front page will be updated.

This is TWO individual updates! Version 1.2 for KSP 1.0.0 - 1.0.4 and version 1.3 for KSP 1.0.5

I did it this way because some people might still be resisting updating to 1.0.5 which made changes to ModuleTestSubject which this mod uses.

• Change Log:
  • Version 1.2 - Update for KSP 1.0.0 through 1.0.4 inclusive: Fixes attach node problems.
  • Version 1.3 - Update for KSP 1.0.5: compatibility update for ModuleTestSubject which changed significantly

^^
THANK YOU, THANK YOU for doing both a pre-1.0.5 & 1.0.5 update... :D
And even the explanation why the new 1.0.5 is incompatable with previous vers.
I wish more modders would make backwards compatability clearer... It would even save themselves some headaches from people asking or complaining about fixed bugs, during transitions...

ALthough I have been using 1.0.5 quite a bit already, I am one of those people who usually waits 2-3 mos after a new KSP release to switch up...
Plus I admit, I am a mod hoarder... I collect old versions of mods... Presently over 2000 and counting...lol

Edited by Stone Blue

• 5 weeks later...

I love this mod, but the nodes are a problem that last I looked are not fixed. I modified mine, and it works great.

The bug with the original GingerCorp station hubs is the signing of the 4th to 6th numbers. Some don't match the signing of the 1st to 3rd numbers. This flips a node connector 180 degrees from what it should be. The original stationhub 5 is fixed by:

node_stack_side0 = -0.9325, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1
    node_stack_side1 = 0.475, 0, 0.8227, 0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1
    node_stack_side2 = 0.475, 0, -0.8227, 0.500011, 0.0, -0.866019, 1
    node_stack_top = 0, 1.0, 0, 0,1, 0, 1
    node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

The original stationhub 8 is fixed by:

node_stack_side0 = -1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1
    node_stack_side1 = -0.6875, 0, 1.1908, -0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1
    node_stack_side2 = 0.6875, 0, 1.1908, 0.500011, 0.0, 0.866019, 1
    node_stack_side3 = 1.375, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1
    node_stack_side4 = 0.6875, 0, -1.1908, 0.500011, 0.0, -0.866019, 1
    node_stack_side5 = -0.6875, 0, -1.1908, -0.500011, 0., -0.866019, 1
    node_stack_top = 0, 1.375, 0, 0,1, 0, 1
    node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.