[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

Introducing (again) Vessel Viewer!

loop.gif

Ever fly an IVA mission, happened to hear an explosion and wished you knew if it was antenna no. 54 or your main engine that just blew up?

Like to fly without the GUI but also a fan of knowing how much fuel there is in your tanks? Wondering just how hot is Deadly Reentry making those wings? Perhaps you'd like a more visual way of telling whenever your wings are stalling when running Ferram Aerospace?

Ever wished you could activate engines and take science reports without having to go into external view, but too lazy or forgetful to setup action groups?

I've got you covered.

Source code.

License.

Current list of extensions:

DISCO MODE example plugin (included)
Part Selector (included)

I would LOVE to add some more to the list. Throw 'em at me, people!

Changelog:

----0.71----

Flicker bug fix

----0.7----

Updated to 1.0 API

Fixed wireframe color modes

----0.6 forgot to relabel edition----

Added scrolling

Added list-based part activation

----0.6----

DISCO MODE!

Hovered part in part selector now highlighted

Separated custom modes out for much easier extensions

---0.5.1---

HotRockets compatibility

Improved icon visibility

Alcor pod fix

Staging error hotfix

----0.5----

Added COM display

Added engine status display

Added landing assist display

Added FAR displays (lift, drag, stall %)

Added mesh fill draw mode

Added spinning!

Wrote a manual

Reworked RPM menus

Reworked standalone menu

Reworked latency mode

Reworked internal stuff that only matters if you happen to be developing Vessel Viewer

Edited by PeteTimesSix
Update

Standalone download (requires Toolbar)

RPM download (requires RPM)

You've confused me. Requires Toolbar? What is toolbar? Is it not included in the standalone download?

What is RPM? Do I have to download this too?

What would have been better is to include links to the forum threads containing the required programs as well. Whatever toolbar and RPM is.

You've confused me. Requires Toolbar? What is toolbar? Is it not included in the standalone download?

What would have been better is to include links to the forum threads containing the required programs as well. Whatever toolbar and RPM is.

Toolbar adds a toolbar in game so you can easily switch between plugin menus.

RPM stands for Raspter Prop Monitor. Basically it puts computers inside the IVAs.

Are there any changes in this release from the dev version 0.4?

Edit 1: Just looked at the User Manual and it appears this is v0.5 and there are several changes.

Edited by Gristle

Toolbar adds a toolbar in game so you can easily switch between plugin menus.

RPM stands for Raspter Prop Monitor. Basically it puts computers inside the IVAs.

RPM adds glass cockpits generally.

I don't understand how you even got here if your an rocketry enthusiast and don't know what toolbar and rpm is, just messing with ya! Your actually missing some great stuff!

toolbar- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-23-5-Toolbar-1-7-1-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

Rpm rastorprop- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603

Edited by jimmyjack

Great to see you still actively developing this awesome mod and adding features. Version 0.4 has become an uber-cool, completely indispensable addition to all my IVA play sessions. Time to upgrade! :)

Well done on getting this far with the mod. Love to see it's still in development.

A question, Is there any way of getting the engine status effect working with hotrockets particle fx mod?

Edited by erbmur

Well done on getting this far with the mod. Love to see it's still in development.

A question, Is there any way of getting the engine status effect working with hotrockets particle fx mod?

*shake shake*

The magic 8-ball says... yes!

(check first post)

Edited by PeteTimesSix

Yep, I've also found it behaves strangely in the ASET pod (I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit). It displays "VV 0.5.1" on the bottom and the menu, which seems to work, but the actual picture of my craft isn't visible. This only happens on that pod, on every other one I've tried it works well.

I think i found a bug, while using it with Rasterprop and the aset pod when I choose the staging option it did this http://i.imgur.com/6MT8vsp.png It was quite cool I have to say lol.

Argh. I thought I fixed that. Can I have the save?

EDIT: OK, I THINK I fixed the Alcor issue, give it a shot. The staging diagram thing Ill need the .craft file to fix properly but I did put in something that should hopefully stop the whole thing from falling down at least.

Edited by PeteTimesSix

1. Center of mass marker. For succesfull tuggers

2. Colored fuel levels indication. Just fancy :)

...both of those are already a thing?

Download the RPM version.. I can't remember the 'stock' RPM, but with KSI, it's under the Mod menu. Whatever section has SCANsat and Mechjeb menus in RPM, has VV too.

Its located under Info in stock RPM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...