[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

2 hours ago, the_pazter said:

works good, just the purple icon, which doesn't ruin anything ;)

Ok, so I dug a bit in the code, and found how to set an icon.
Using Mechjeb icons' style I did 2 icons, one with "Vess View" writen in grey, and the second one with "Vess View" and a wrench (for the config button) ;
It was basically placing the 2 icons into a folder "Textures" folder to make it display in the toolbar.

I updated the download link, install the mod (now with icons) the same way ! 

Tell me what you think of the icons, and if you think I could improve it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/4/2016 at 11:49 AM, Maukse said:

Is this mod still supported ?
I mean - for v1.1, as until then it worked just fine !

Well, the original coder won't update it (except if we have luck), so I'll try to do it myself.

I'm not really good at coding, and the mod is pretty complex / use ksp's library that changed with ksp 1.1
so it will be hard, but i'll try...

On 4/18/2016 at 9:07 PM, Adentissa said:

Well, the original coder won't update it (except if we have luck), so I'll try to do it myself.

I'm not really good at coding, and the mod is pretty complex / use ksp's library that changed with ksp 1.1
so it will be hard, but i'll try...

I wish you the best of luck mate! I hate not being able to see my ships status while IVA :( 

Keep us posted! :)

1 hour ago, carranty said:

I wish you the best of luck mate! I hate not being able to see my ships status while IVA :( 

Keep us posted! :)

Well, if we're here, that's because we hate not being able to see my ships status while IVA x)

Since 1.1 is out and Blizzy's Toolbar & Raster Prop Monitor are updated, I can get to the work.

I'll try to do every day report ^^ !

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:03 AM, blorgon said:

Looks like the frame rate question from the previous page hasn't been answered yet. Anybody else having the issue?

I get the frame drop whenever I engage the VesselView on any of my IVA screens.

The answer is, Yes you do. the only thing that will solve that is a better pc.

22 minutes ago, joebopie said:

The answer is, Yes you do. the only thing that will solve that is a better pc.

My computer runs the game at ~50 fps otherwise. I have around 30 mods installed. VV is killing my frames, not my PC.

It also doesn't seem to matter how many parts are on my craft. Bare command module on the launchpad kills my frame rate just as much as on a 300 part vessel.

Edited by blorgon

22 hours ago, blorgon said:

My computer runs the game at ~50 fps otherwise. I have around 30 mods installed. VV is killing my frames, not my PC.

It also doesn't seem to matter how many parts are on my craft. Bare command module on the launchpad kills my frame rate just as much as on a 300 part vessel.

what do you mean by kill? and what is your cpu and gpu?

Hey, 

Sorry for the lack of news about updating the mod to 1.1, I'm not home for the week, and without any laptop. 

I got pm'd by someone really nice that succeeded to update the mod. I asked him about releasing the update in a new thread, waiting for the answer! 

Hi all :)

I think I've done it (updated the mod to KSP 1.1 compatibility), but I'm quite new to this kind of thing.

Here is the link to my version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o4rd2db72a8d9x3/AADp-IqD3s0C1lq_XBHGd-TJa?dl=0

Let me know people if it works or if there are any issues with it. If I can help then I'll try!

Edited by RealTimeShepherd
clarity

28 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

I think I've done it (updated the mod to KSP 1.1 compatibility), but I'm quite new to this kind of thing.

Let me know people if it works or if there are any issues with it. If I can help then I'll try!

Thank you! 

What do you think about creating a new thread for the mod, to have control on it?

Anyway, good work! 

19 minutes ago, Adentissa said:

Thank you! 

What do you think about creating a new thread for the mod, to have control on it?

Anyway, good work! 

No worries! :)

Yeah, yeah I could create a new thread, although I'd at least like to wait and make sure it works for others and not just me.

1 hour ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Thanks!!

Thank you for the 1.1 compile, but it does not work for me (Windows 64 bit).  The toolbar buttons do nothing when I click them, and the RasterPropMonitor displays in the MK1 capsule lock up when I click the VesselView button.

In the KSP log file, I am getting constant NullReferenceExceptions from VesselView:

Spoiler

First:
[EXC 17:39:14.454] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RasterPropMonitor, Version=0.25.0.36940, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.Start ()

Then later:

LOG 17:39:16.353] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 17:39:16.387] Game State Saved as persistent
[EXC 17:39:16.420] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.Update ()
[EXC 17:39:16.449] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:39:16.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

RasterPropMonitor (the latest 0.25.1 hotfix 28297b) is loaded and working properly.

Lee

Edited by Leemon1

21 minutes ago, Leemon1 said:

Thank you for the 1.1 compile, but it does not work for me (Windows 64 bit).  The toolbar buttons do nothing when I click them, and the RasterPropMonitor displays in the MK1 capsule lock up when I click the VesselView button.

In the KSP log file, I am getting constant NullReferenceExceptions from VesselView:

Reveal hidden contents

First:
[EXC 17:39:14.454] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RasterPropMonitor, Version=0.25.0.36940, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.Start ()

Then later:

LOG 17:39:16.353] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 17:39:16.387] Game State Saved as persistent
[EXC 17:39:16.420] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:39:16.449] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:39:16.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

RasterPropMonitor (the latest 0.25.1 hotfix 28297b) is loaded and working properly.

Lee

I'm getting exactly the same thing on win 64 bit, the VesselView don't work.

I'm new btw, joined to leave this comment, really want VV to work : /

Ah, OK. It seems that I had compiled using an out of date version of RasterPropMonitor. I've downloaded the latest version and recompiled. It is now available at the same link.

Now, I don't normally use the toolbar, I just use it in IVA so I'm unfamiliar with that. So I've just tested it myself and I see that the buttons do not seem to function. I have to go to work now so I will have to look at that later. Hopefully this version works in IVA at least and I'll see if I can figure out the toolbar button later

6 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

Just got the mod(and yes I installed it right) and upon pressing the VESSEL button, the RPM screen(not actual screen) freezes and no buttons can be pressed except for the ones that would usually be used to change vessel viewy settings. Can't go onto stand by or anything :/

Do you know what version of RPM you have installed? I've complied this set of DLLs for 0.25.1 hotfix 28297b

9 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Hopefully this version works in IVA at least and I'll see if I can figure out the toolbar button later

This version is working for me in Windows 7 (64 bit). I'm using version 1.v0 25.1.28297b of RasterPropMonitor (with KSP 1.1.0.1230 x64). I'm able to bring up my ship on an RPM screen and can cycle through parts, activate them, and change VesselViewer display modes.

So far I haven't found anything that doesn't work.