[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

Hi, ive downloaded and installed this mod however i must be missing something because it doesnt want to work , i have rpm and toolbar, downloaded vessel viewer from the link a few posts above, when im in iva i go to the vessel viewer screen and nothing happens, and then the other buttons refuse to work after ive tried the vessel viewer screen, im using the mk2 command pod, can someone let me know if im missing something for it to work? 

Oy,

whenever I try to download your mod I get a

Error (429)

This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

out of Dropbox. What's up with that? The standalone version does the same. And the complete version is "restricted" :(

Could you make a finished and packaged download as a Github release or something? Really missing this mod.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:01 AM, KateTheAwesome said:

Oy,

whenever I try to download your mod I get a

out of Dropbox. What's up with that? The standalone version does the same. And the complete version is "restricted" :(

Could you make a finished and packaged download as a Github release or something? Really missing this mod.

Yep, it's currently impossible to download any version... IVA sucks without this mod ;.;

I recently had to reinstall the game and now I'm screwed.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:40 AM, AlbertoKermov said:

NVM, I was on an old version

I'm trying to make it work again in 1.1.3... the latest VV I found online is v0.7 (but in-game, on RPM it says it's v0.6)

Buttons in the toolbar plugin don't work but I don't care, RPM works but just menus and settings, I don't actually have any real "view" of the vessel ;.;

But at least I can interact with vessel parts ( without leaving IVA ) with the "Part selector" which is nice.

What version of Vessel Viewer / KSP are you using ?

7 hours ago, sen6Miller said:

I'm trying to make it work again in 1.1.3... the latest VV I found online is v0.7 (but in-game, on RPM it says it's v0.6)

Buttons in the toolbar plugin don't work but I don't care, RPM works but just menus and settings, I don't actually have any real "view" of the vessel ;.;

But at least I can interact with vessel parts ( without leaving IVA ) with the "Part selector" which is nice.

What version of Vessel Viewer / KSP are you using ?

Someone posted a link to one that works with 1.1.3, that's the one I'm using.

2 hours ago, sen6Miller said:

Would you be so kind as to share it ? :P ( The link, or better yet, the .zip file )

That version is linked in the post at the bottom of page 9, and again in a quote at the top of page 10 (This page).

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2016 at 3:39 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Ah yeah OK, I will start a new thread then

I am short of time right now though, so in the meantime here is Vessel View 0.7 for KSP 1.1.3 and RPM 0.27.0

Can you upload the source code for your compiled version somewhere?

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just tried this on a 1.1.3 install, it throws exceptions

What exceptions are you seeing? I have this installed and I'm not seeing any exceptions that I can relate to this mod, I just checked my log from my last run

21 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

What exceptions are you seeing? I have this installed and I'm not seeing any exceptions that I can relate to this mod, I just checked my log from my last run

The file I downloaded is labeled [1.1.3] Vessel View 0.7

The errors are:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.<Awake>b__17_0 (Toolbar.ClickEvent e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Toolbar.Command.click () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Toolbar.Log:log(LogLevel, Exception, String, Object[])
Toolbar.Log:error(Exception, String, Object[])
Toolbar.Command:click()
Toolbar.Button:click()
Toolbar.Button:drawInToolbar(Rect, Boolean)
Toolbar.Toolbar:drawButtons()
Toolbar.Toolbar:draw()
Toolbar.ToolbarManager:OnGUI()

which tells me this is NOT a 1.1 version.  RenderingManager is not a valid class anymore, the AddtoPostDrawQueue was replaced with OnGUI calls in 1.1

when I try to reinstall this mod from ckan I get the following error:

About to install...

* RasterPropMonitor v0.24.2.1(cached)
 * RasterPropMonitor Core v0.24.2.1(cached)
 * Vessel Viewer v0.71

Downloading "https://dl.dropbox.com/s/odezb7nj3gb03xa/VVComplete.zip?dl=0"

Error!

-----------------

Failed to download "https://dl.dropbox.com/s/odezb7nj3gb03xa/VVComplete.zip?dl=0" - error: Errore del server remoto: (460) Restricted.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks, Simone.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The file I downloaded is labeled [1.1.3] Vessel View 0.7

The errors are:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.<Awake>b__17_0 (Toolbar.ClickEvent e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Toolbar.Command.click () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Toolbar.Log:log(LogLevel, Exception, String, Object[])
Toolbar.Log:error(Exception, String, Object[])
Toolbar.Command:click()
Toolbar.Button:click()
Toolbar.Button:drawInToolbar(Rect, Boolean)
Toolbar.Toolbar:drawButtons()
Toolbar.Toolbar:draw()
Toolbar.ToolbarManager:OnGUI()

which tells me this is NOT a 1.1 version.  RenderingManager is not a valid class anymore, the AddtoPostDrawQueue was replaced with OnGUI calls in 1.1

is it log spam? Because I'm not seeing any:

OrmDxral.png

I also can't find any exceptions related to VV in my log at the time of the above screenshot. In my mod install log I have listed as my current VV version a link to the same files you linked to, and I just checked and the dates on the DLLs are the same so I'm pretty sure they are the same files.

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

is it log spam? Because I'm not seeing any:

OrmDxral.png

I also can't find any exceptions related to VV in my log at the time of the above screenshot. In my mod install log I have listed as my current VV version a link to the same files you linked to, and I just checked and the dates on the DLLs are the same so I'm pretty sure they are the same files.

Could yo do the following:

1. Upload a current log file somewhere
  2. Zip up the VV directory and upload it somewhere for me

Before I do any digging, I'd like to compare the files you have with the ones that I have.

Thanks

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Could yo do the following:

1. Upload a current log file somewhere
  2. Zip up the VV directory and upload it somewhere for me

Before I do any digging, I'd like to compare the files you have with the ones that I have.

Thanks

Here ya go. I loaded the game, dropped a capsule out to the pad from the VAB, went internal and loaded up the VV RPM screen then Alt-F4'd out

19 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Here ya go. I loaded the game, dropped a capsule out to the pad from the VAB, went internal and loaded up the VV RPM screen then Alt-F4'd out

Ok.  Now, try this:

1. On the launchpad, do NOT go internal
  2. With the toolbar, configure the visible buttons and add the buttons for VV to the toolbar
  3. Click either of the buttons, you will get the error

You will get the error I'm seeing.  I followed your instructions and saw that it was working in the IVA, but the problem is external. 

It's easy enough to fix, if I could get the source code for that version, i could fix it in 5 minutes

I cloned the repo from PeteTimesSix and have it working, except that the vessel is not displaying properly;  but the rendermanager error is fixed.