[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

Having a bit of trouble getting to VV from RPM, using KSI's MFD. I've got VV installed, and VV listed under PLGN on the MFD, but clicking on that menu item does nothing:

es16KFS.jpg

Clicking 3 on the MFD in the middle does nothing. No message or blank screen, just no response. Not sure if this is an issue with VV or with the MFD, but does anyone have a clue why this might be happening?

You download and install RPM VV make sure you have version 0.16 of RPM download install latest version of KSI 1.2 should work

Yes, that's what I've done. I'm posting because it doesn't work after everything has been installed.

HAAYYY YOU Made it to the release thread! great mode a must for all space programs :)

EDIT: HOLY CRAP DUDE.....I know you said that you would have a little bit of spare time on your hands but good god... I just finished reading the manual for RPM....You sir have been busy. :)

Edited by Tidus Klein

So quick question, using RPM and this I can't seem to figure out how to go back to the previous menu on the same screen. I've hit all the buttons and on the monitor everything works correctly aside from finding a way to go back to the previous menu. Did I install something incorrectly or am I missing something?

So quick question, using RPM and this I can't seem to figure out how to go back to the previous menu on the same screen.

Similar to the tiny bug when using Hyomoto's MFDs, you may need to comment out a line in the cfg. As I use Hyomotos mod, I couldn't tell you which line you'd need to edit, but it'll be similar to the one in that post.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to set a default view when using VesselView as part of RasterPropMonitor / MultiFunctionDisplay? I really enjoy this mod, but I'd like avoid setting up all my settings for every single launch.

(In fact, is there a way to default all the RPM/MFD windows for a given command pod type? It would be really nice to just go to the launchpad and have my favorite set of windows already active...)

Is there a way to set a default view when using VesselView as part of RasterPropMonitor / MultiFunctionDisplay? I really enjoy this mod, but I'd like avoid setting up all my settings for every single launch.

(In fact, is there a way to default all the RPM/MFD windows for a given command pod type? It would be really nice to just go to the launchpad and have my favorite set of windows already active...)

So, every IVA is probably different, but on the KSOS Super25 IVA, there is four named (screenTransform) MFDs and they have (under a PAGE module of those RPM MODULEs) a "default = yes" option set. So in that case they show up with default screens on load. However, on the original shuttle in that mod all six of the MFDs are just copies of the same one and load on the menudefault screen. So, I'm guessing that if you have unique screens you can setup defaults for each, but if they are all copies of the same prop without unique screenTransform sets they'd probably all show up with the same default.

More information here: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Configuring-a-monitor

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely, it doesn't work for me in 64-bit 0.24.2...at least, the RPM-only version doesn't. Crashes every time at the end of loading.

EDIT: NEvermind! Updating RPM did it--man, how did I not discover this mod earlier? It's awesome!

Edited by Synthesis

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's been a change in addon posting rules? How devious! Luckily I happened to randomly check the forums (despite not having played this game in months), so that should be fixed.

I mean, I dont actually know. Licenses are confusing.

Anyway, while at it I replaced the included moduleManager with the latest version, so if it stops working I'd like to know.

Apparently there's been a change in addon posting rules? How devious! Luckily I happened to randomly check the forums (despite not having played this game in months), so that should be fixed.

Anyway, while at it I replaced the included moduleManager with the latest version, so if it stops working I'd like to know.

Just to clarify, nothing within the VV plugin or configs was changed, right? (I understand the new 2.2.1 MM was put in:))

A quick note while you're here, your current DefRPM.cfg patch file references the "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" prop. In more recent versions of RPM this has been replaced by the "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" prop (with essentially the same functionality), and your patch file may need to be updated to reflect this.

EDIT: Tested it, and it seems to work without the change (at least on the Command Pod Mk1). You might still want to do it anyway.

Edited by ArcFurnace

So the programming bug bit me again. So I made this.

disco.gif?dl=0

And reworked the special modes subscreen so that it looks like this:

customModes.png?dl=0

Why is this the least bit interesting? Well, because of this:

windows.png?dl=0

That's right, adding new custom display modes is now as easy as dropping another .dll in. Now this makes it a lot easier to add things for me, but more importantly, it makes it possible for YOU. Now, I'm not sure how many people actually use this mod, but I do know that its a nonzero positive number, so there ought to be someone interested in taking a poke. Ive set it up to be reasonably easy, just take a look at the source for the example DISCO MODE plugin. I plan to add futher functionality down the line (such as overlaying icons, lines or other primitives) if there's interest.

See first post for links.

Edited by PeteTimesSix

Nice!

Although, for performance, I change my configs to default to bounding box... can't use wireframe till the later stages when you have 1500 parts... I can't even imagine actually seeing it in disco mode.

I should learn how to make those into modulemanager configs.