[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

14 minutes ago, Movado said:

This version is working for me in Windows 7 (64 bit). I'm using version 1.v0 25.1.28297b of RasterPropMonitor (with KSP 1.1.0.1230 x64). I'm able to bring up my ship on an RPM screen and can cycle through parts, activate them, and change VesselViewer display modes.

So far I haven't found anything that doesn't work.

Hooray :) I did a thing!

On 4/26/2016 at 2:24 AM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Ah, OK. It seems that I had compiled using an out of date version of RasterPropMonitor. I've downloaded the latest version and recompiled. It is now available at the same link.

Now, I don't normally use the toolbar, I just use it in IVA so I'm unfamiliar with that. So I've just tested it myself and I see that the buttons do not seem to function. I have to go to work now so I will have to look at that later. Hopefully this version works in IVA at least and I'll see if I can figure out the toolbar button later

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o4rd2db72a8d9x3/AADp-IqD3s0C1lq_XBHGd-TJa?dl=0

PeteTimesSix has a repo with his source code -- could you put up yours as a fork?

10 hours ago, sprouze said:

I've been playing with the RPM version for a few hours without any crashes. And I think I loses maybe 2 FPS when I go IVA

do you have the download link for the rpm version? the dropbox links on the first post are dead.  thanks

49 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

How is this

First time using Github, hope I have done it correctly...

Generally, we don't bother adding the compiled stuff (all the "obj/whatever") to a repo, since it tends to change with every commit and Git doesn't store "binary" (i.e. non-text) files very efficiently -- it can't just store the changes from one version to the next like it can with source code, so it keeps every revision in its entirety, which starts to add up pretty quickly.

Otherwise, that's good!  My main goal was to help you comply with the addon rules, which (among other things) require you to have the source somewhere, and it wasn't in the download.

On 4/26/2016 at 5:41 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Do you know what version of RPM you have installed? I've complied this set of DLLs for 0.25.1 hotfix 28297b

On 4/26/2016 at 8:24 AM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Ah, OK. It seems that I had compiled using an out of date version of RasterPropMonitor. I've downloaded the latest version and recompiled. It is now available at the same link.

Now, I don't normally use the toolbar, I just use it in IVA so I'm unfamiliar with that. So I've just tested it myself and I see that the buttons do not seem to function. I have to go to work now so I will have to look at that later. Hopefully this version works in IVA at least and I'll see if I can figure out the toolbar button later

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o4rd2db72a8d9x3/AADp-IqD3s0C1lq_XBHGd-TJa?dl=0

There you go

I'm experiencing the same thing. Locks the monitor and spams the log. I tried the 1.1.2. version on dropbox with the same results. It may be a RPM problem?

On 5/2/2016 at 1:46 AM, LameLefty said:

Hey @RealTimeShepherd - have you had a chance to look into your VV recompile with 1.1.2 and the most recent RPM (0.26.0)? My IVA's seem empty with no VV now. :( #SadKerbal

Ah, sorry I hadn't realised! Try this

It should work with KSP 1.1.2 and RPM 0.26.0

Edited by RealTimeShepherd
To include version numbers

5 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Ah, sorry I hadn't realised! Try this

It should work with KSP 1.1.2 and RPM 0.26.0

Thank you, sir! I'll give that a try this afternoon.

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, couldn't wait. Works great with 1.1.2 and the latest RPM - thanks, @RealTimeShepherd!

Edited by LameLefty
More info

On 5/3/2016 at 7:40 AM, LameLefty said:

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, couldn't wait. Works great with 1.1.2 and the latest RPM

Same here, tho FYI @RealTimeShepherd this does show up in the log even with just VV, RPM and Squad:

[ERR 16:43:42.835] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'VesselViewPlugin': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'VesselView.VesselViewPlugin' from assembly 'VesselViewPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

It then also goes on to cause Contract Configurator to throw an exception as well after I add everything else back in, but I've yet to determine whether that's a malignant issue or not

Edited by Gaiiden

2 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Same here, tho FYI @RealTimeShepherd this does show up in the log even with just VV, RPM and Squad:

[ERR 16:43:42.835] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'VesselViewPlugin': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'VesselView.VesselViewPlugin' from assembly 'VesselViewPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

It then also goes on to cause Contract Configurator to throw an exception as well after I add everything else back in, but I've yet to determine whether that's a malignant issue or not

Hmm, that's weird. Well, I don't generally go looking at my logs unless my game has an issue so now I gotta go check yesterday's session ... I was off work for the day so I spent almost all day playing KSP without any hangs or crashes. I've got a good number of mods installed (21, plus the stock Squad and World Cup folders) and my KSP executable was pushing 5 gigs after playing all day. 

Anyway, the results: in a 47.4 MB Unity Player.log file, I have 92 references to VesselViewPlugin but no errors at all. Similarly, in my 18.9 MB KSP.log file, about the same number of references to the plugin but again no errors. 

(NOTE: Playing on a Mac so my log names/locations may be different than Windows).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded all the latest files and tested this mod. I first tried it on the stock cockpits then the modded ones. Firstly the VV icon does show up on Blizzy's toolbar but doesn't do anything. Secondly when inside the cockpits and you click the vessel view button on the panel it doesn't do anything except make that panel become unresponsive until next scene change. If this is not a known issue I will post whatever logs you need. 

Thanks alot for this mod is the first place it's something Raster really needs and makes the first person experience more manageable and prettier!

Edit: I Downloaded the wrong version...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwq95b41t3vtq0f/AACbsmpCsMnoQofqbiDV3tFba?dl=0 this works tho. Thank you!

Edited by SpaceFoon