[1.0] StripSymmetry - remove symmetry (v1.6 - 2015-04-28 20:20 UTC)

Biotronic

Undo is easy...

1: save craft (use a temporary name if needed)

2: break symmetry

3: check/verify all is correct and as expected (only desired parts were affected).

No need to undo anything?

1: save craft again

Need to undo:

1: reload saved craft ;)

Undo is easy...

1: save craft (use a temporary name if needed)

2: break symmetry

3: check/verify all is correct and as expected (only desired parts were affected).

No need to undo anything?

1: save craft again

Need to undo:

1: reload saved craft ;)

You are troll aren't you?

If I would remember to save the craft each time it is critical then I wouldn't ask for an undo. That is what most people also forget to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are several parts now (f.e. tanks) which have several functions (usually through next/previous texture button after a right click).

If i add such a tank with six way symmetry to a central core, can i break the symmetry someway to those tanks to i can use a different function for each?

F.i. 2 LFO, one monopropellant, one mulch, one ore, one water>

• 1 month later...
Wonder if the keys are different in Linux? Can't seem to get the default keycombo to work :(

(EDIT) I checked many different key combos and found for Linux it's Left-ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-LeftCLICK to get it to work.

does anyone know how to get this to work on Ubuntu? the above does not do anything. I know that you have to use Right shift instead of alt but I have tried every combination, and even tried editing the key binding in the settings file in the mod folder. This is an essential mod, without it my design work flow is extremely gimped! :s any help much appreciated.

(EDIT) I see now that even when I changed the config file to change the key binding to Left Control and Left Shift, it changes back when the game starts and if i re open the config file my saved changes are no longer there. One of my all-time favorite building mods I really hope I can figure this out. Does anyone know if there is some feature on ubuntu that is like "run as admin" on windows that could be interfering? Innitially my edit is saved though it only changes back upon game launch so I have a feeling the mod is resetting it's config each launch for some reason.

Edited by Tevir

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

well, this is one of those cases where any craft made with this will run on any stock install.

Its just an editor tool that removes a limit to our creativity.... or rather removes limitations without making us try and place things symetrically (and never getting it quite right)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.