[DEV][0.24.x][Jul 24] SCANsat v7.0rc4 -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed!

I can't get the Karbonite to show up on the maps, neither the Kethane resource. I'm using the last version of all mods but can't figure out what's happening... Any idea ? And what would you need (mod list, screenshots...) to determine my problem ? I'm on x64 by the way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I can't get the Karbonite to show up on the maps, neither the Kethane resource. I'm using the last version of all mods but can't figure out what's happening... Any idea ? And what would you need (mod list, screenshots...) to determine my problem ? I'm on x64 by the way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you watch the video I posted?

The download link in the first post still points to 7.0rc2.5, even though 7.0rc4 is current. That could be how you ended up with an older version than you thought you had.

I think the problem was with Karbonite, I had Karbonite-0.1.2 while apparently the latest is Karbonite_0.1.2 and I kept "0.1.2" in my mod list.

The download link in the first post still points to 7.0rc2.5, even though 7.0rc4 is current. That could be how you ended up with an older version than you thought you had.

Do you mean the two links at the top? They point to:

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/releases/tag/v7.0rc4

and

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/releases/download/v7.0rc4/SCANsat_v7rc4.zip

for the direct link

If you see something different you should check your browser settings, maybe it's not refreshing for some reason.

Do you mean the two links at the top? They point to:

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/releases/tag/v7.0rc4

and

https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/releases/download/v7.0rc4/SCANsat_v7rc4.zip

for the direct link

If you see something different you should check your browser settings, maybe it's not refreshing for some reason.

The installation guide still points to rc2.5 when you click on the download link there. It'll need to be updated to the new version.

I have a question about the Instruments window - was how this worked changed with v7 or v6? Currently, it displays NO DATA if no scanners are present at all. If I remember correctly, that was not the case with v5 - it would display what values had already been scanned at that location.

As it stands it makes it a bit difficult to use the scanned data from the instruments. For example, say I've already used the biome detector to scan all of Kerbin. I can't send up a second satellite that takes biome-dependent science readings (say, with DMagic's telescope) and use the scanned data easily. I know it's in the big map, but I would like to use the data in a more immediate way. I used it as a tripwire of sorts to see that the biome changed, and with the current Instruments window that's not possible.

So, I appeal to technogeeky and DMagic to make the available data more usable and restore the Instruments window to what it was before.

I have a question about the Instruments window - was how this worked changed with v7 or v6? Currently, it displays NO DATA if no scanners are present at all. If I remember correctly, that was not the case with v5 - it would display what values had already been scanned at that location.

The instruments window hasn't been touched. I never even really looked at its code, but as far as I can tell it only works with active sensors on-board your current vessel, or with an active MapTraq; the MapTraq may not be necessary in v7. In any event it doesn't work very well and will be improved upon later.

I seem to have ran into a problem with the Big Map. When I click the button to bring it up all I get is a tiny window border in the top-left of the screen. The small map works perfectly though so I'm not sure what's wrong.

The instruments window hasn't been touched. I never even really looked at its code, but as far as I can tell it only works with active sensors on-board your current vessel, or with an active MapTraq; the MapTraq may not be necessary in v7. In any event it doesn't work very well and will be improved upon later.

Huh. I think I have an idea why this happens now. I didn't get much playtime with v6, so I'm comparing v7 with damny's v5 version. I think this may be because of how MapTraq works now - I've always patched in the MapTraq capabilities into all command pods. Back with v5 there was a separate "Open Map" command which isn't there anymore with the Toolbar installed.

If the Instruments window was opened before the Open Map command was pressed, it would behave the way it does now (i.e., requiring an active sensor to be on). It was only when the "Open Map" command was given that there would be information from other sensors. So it may have been an effect of how MapTraq works now.

Heya, my apologies - but can someone please provide me the sensorType bitmask for a scanner that would incorporate all of the ORS and Karbonite resources? Karbonite Ore Substrate Minerals and Aquifer?

I could not find the bitmask reference, so figured easier to ask :) Basically since Karbonite will be bundled with MKS, I am moving everything to the single scanner and deprecating the stock antenna overrides othe than for logistics, etc.

Heya, my apologies - but can someone please provide me the sensorType bitmask for a scanner that would incorporate all of the ORS and Karbonite resources? Karbonite Ore Substrate Minerals and Aquifer?

So not any of the Interstellar resources?

sensorType = 376960

That covers Karbonite, Substrate, Minerals, Aquifer and Ore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.