[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Gorgeous mod!

However, is it only me or are the parts connection rather fragile? FAR destroyed my plane rather fast (this had never happened in 1 year!) due to air stress.

Anyway, this is a great mod and I am looking forward to see it in the future.

Hi guys, I'm glad you#re having fun with the parts :D

About the IVA's - I will add them sometime soon-ish. But you can of course EVA with the parts already! You just need to click the hatch and a menu will appear and let you EVA your Kerbals. An interior is not required for this.

Gorgeous mod!

However, is it only me or are the parts connection rather fragile? FAR destroyed my plane rather fast (this had never happened in 1 year!) due to air stress.

Anyway, this is a great mod and I am looking forward to see it in the future.

DO they break more quickly than other parts? I wouldn't know why. But I'm no FAR expert. I'll see what I can find out.

Slightly tweaked your radial intakes to make them more effective, but otherwise a fantastic mod. Thanks, dude!

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = IntakeAir
checkForOxygen = true
area = 0.01
intakeSpeed = 10
intakeTransformName = Intake
}

RESOURCE
{
name = IntakeAir
amount = 0.4
maxAmount = 0.4
}

So we can't do EVA's with these parts yet then.

To further regurgitate and expand on what others have said, just click on the hatch and then click EVA next to the Kerbal's name you want to EVA.

It's always been that way in the history of EVAs. In fact, Apollo astronauts also had to click on the outside of the hatch before they could EVA....:)

No, seriously!

Oh, Porkjet, you have to empty your mailbox a little so I can send you those DREC configs....

I found the docking port can retract when docked,

and cockpit light toggle can't add to action group

For the IVA, I suggest you make a draft one first, can simple as a plain box.

The draft one make the kerbals' portrait available, I think it can satisfy people who want IVA for a while.

(SNIPPED PICS)

You should get the Aviation Lights mod - WAY better looking aircraft lights and beacons, with multiple modes (solid, flashing, double-flash ...) all controllable by action groups.

You should get the Aviation Lights mod - WAY better looking aircraft lights and beacons, with multiple modes (solid, flashing, double-flash ...) all controllable by action groups.

I used to have that mod installed, but decided to keep the game parts as close to stock as possible. Besides, the stock lamps have color now so I don't really see why I'd want to reinstall that mod again other than to add blinkers. Oh well.

I'd recommend that those RCS ports on the nose cone be removed. They are non functional and detract from the look of the craft a little.

I'd recommend that those RCS ports on the nose cone be removed. They are non functional and detract from the look of the craft a little.

They're not RCS jets. Porky had a post about that, trying to find it...

EDIT: Duh, it's in the OP:

Q: The cockpits RCS nozzles are positioned in a weird way. It wouldn't really work like that.
A: This is true, but they are not actually supposed to be RCS nozzles, but rather stuff like cameras and sensors. I have to admit its quite misleading and I'm not happy with it anymore,
so will probably change the textures in the future and make those holes appear less like RCS, or maybe even add properly plausibly positioned RCS that actually works.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I love this mod! I've always wanted better plane parts, but B9 was too big and didn't fit in very well. This may have been mentioned before, but the joints seem a little weak. FAR blew it to smithereens when I tried to turn it. I know you don't want to focus on mod support, but I'd appreciate it if you could look into it.

I get extreme wobble between fuselage joints with FAR it's like they were put together with elmers glue and just break apart on liftoff.

Are you using anything to make the SP+ parts More compatible with FAR?

If not look around... I think the development thread. The wings and control surfaces can benefit from decent configs and the fuselage parts are configured as module = Winglet instead of Part, which doesnt work so well with FAR.

Maybe ask Joachim if he's using such a config.

Are you using anything to make the SP+ parts More compatible with FAR?

If not look around... I think the development thread. The wings and control surfaces can benefit from decent configs and the fuselage parts are configured as module = Winglet instead of Part, which doesnt work so well with FAR.

Maybe ask Joachim if he's using such a config.

I have no Idea about that stuff, nor do I know how to fix it I don't even know Joachim.

Edit: I'm using the FAR.cfg included.

Edit 2: I'll post in the FAR thread to see if someone can fix the .cfg for me.

I'm not using any particular special config beyond what comes with the mod???

The plane I posted earlier that only uses the wing segments form this mod can take off at a 80 degrees pitch up at full thrust and is fine so dunno really.

Anybody know why the passenger fuselage has lift? I don't have the FAR.cfg
If you like me prefer the non-wing parts to not have lift and don't use FAR, use this config with ModuleManager.

Don't want to tell you guys how to play the game, but I would point out that the fuselage lift is totally legit. If you look at the cross-section of the Mk2 fuselage, you'll see that it splits the airflow asymmetrically, creating a low pressure region on top of the fuselage and a high-pressure region below it, which generates lift the same way that an airfoil does. It's fairly common in high-performance aircraft design, the F-16 and SR-71 both come to mind as examples, but I'm sure there are more.

It was asked before, but is there deadly reentry support, or planned support? I know that for me it makes all the difference in whether I use it or not.

As for the mod, I have been considering installing b9 because many of the stock plane/spaceplane parts aren't very good, and because I like cargo bays, but these parts do most of what I'd want with a fantastic stockalike (but much better) style. If it has DR support I'll be installing right away, and no matter what I'll be watching this to see how it progresses, because this is a part mod I am honestly excited about.

Any chance on a DR config?

Hey, I'm having an issue where the regular wing parts (deltas, structural wings) and body (fuselage, cockpit) aren't producing any lift. The Control Surfaces are, however.

mdwzGM5.jpg

As you can see, the COL appears a little off whack. It is the same in flight. With hacked gravity on the giant ss thing on the front doesn't provide lift, only mass.

I initially thought it to be a conflict with KAX but after removing KAX and it's acompanying firespitter distribution and reinstalling SP+, it still doesn't work.

Edited by Stelith61