[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Helps noot, stays all the same.

It looks like that only the left wing does vreate an updrift. So the plane gets pushed downwards to the right.

Edited by Xentoe

It looks like that only the left wing does vreate an updrift. So the plane gets pushed downwards to the right.

Take the air intakes off the aerospikes do not need air, plus they cause drag.

Try moving the front wheel back so that it is connected to the crew module and not the cockpit.

I acknowledge there is indeed a problem with the collision mesh of the cockpit and connecting wheels to it. They tend to attach at a very slight angle even tho the editor is supposed to lock them to the given rotation increments. It's just, it never really caused any take-off problems for myself for some reason. It does this with a few other parts and some stock parts too. That's not my fault, I didnt do it! However, I'll fix it by evening out the collision mesh at the center of the part like it was suggested earlier.

None of the wing parts have any lift.

Every single one of them has lift

open their config files and see.

If you cant get lift out of them then something is wrong on your end

Maybe you should post a design you're having trouble with and let us critique it.

I'm guessing you copied across the FAR config as well, despite not having FAR installed, right? Delete that and they'll work.

that config was designed to only apply if FAR is installed. It shouldn't apply otherwise.... unless maybe an older version of MM is installed. Not sure what happens then.

@eclipsen413 In fact, don't delete that file. Check your GameData folder and see what version(s) of ModuleManager are installed. If you don't see one with a version of 2.1.x in its file name then download the latest version (it's at 2.1.5) and try again.

If there was an older version and downloading 2.1.5 didnt work then delete all older versions and try again. (multiple installed versions from about 1.3 on should coexist with obsolete versions shutting down in the presence of newer versions so it shouldnt be a problem for them to coexist)

Post your results here

Edited by Starwaster

Those wings doesn't work. They have no lift

Working very well on my end. Maybe there's a conflicting mod? did you try redownloading/reinstalling the mod? or maybe trying it on a fresh ksp install?

Cheers!

Those wings doesn't work. They have no lift

As has been noted multiple times in this thread, either update Module Manager to the latest version or delete the SP+FAR.cfg file from the SpacePlanePlus folder. Then the wings will have proper lift.

that config was designed to only apply if FAR is installed.

It's not written as such though:

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]
{
blah
}
@PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]
{
blah
}

Note the lack of :NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch] there.

Until MM is included or the cfg re-written to not be applied if FAR isn't installed, as you said, this thread will continue to have 'the wing's don't work' complaints.

It's not written as such though:

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]
{
blah
}
@PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]
{
blah
}

Note the lack of :NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch] there.

Until MM is included or the cfg re-written to not be applied if FAR isn't installed, as you said, this thread will continue to have 'the wing's don't work' complaints.

Wow has that been like that the whole time? That's strange because mine isn't... or wasn't.... but that's on a machine that I'm keeping shut off because it's failing. Can't check it right now.

I'll write up a proper version for PJ

Ok, I'm looking at the version off of CurseForge right now and this is what I see:

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
@module = Part
!dragCoeff = DELETE
!deflectionLiftCoeff = DELETE
@dragModelType = default
@description = FERRAM AERO SPACE
}
@PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
@module = Part
!dragCoeff = DELETE
!deflectionLiftCoeff = DELETE
@dragModelType = default
}

What file are you looking at and where did it come from? Because I just went through the entire SP+FAR.cfg file and it's all written properly.

Edited by Starwaster

What file are you looking at and where did it come from?

Huh, my mistake - guess I was looking at an older copy. Must've been just before it was updated. Seeing as the download link in the OP also contains the correct FAR cfg, I can only assume that you were right all along (yeah, you can gloat now... :D) - it's a MM conflict. From memory, 2.0.7 was when the whole 'MM breaking if older versions are installed' was fixed though I could be wrong so as long as people don't have any versions between 1.5.7 and possibly 2.0.7 and definitely 2.1.5, the cfg should still work. I'm guessing though, based on the comments here that that isn't the case so yeah.. PJ, if you're reading, MM 2.1.5 should probably be included or at least instructions to remember to delete multiple copies of MM to be on the safe side.

My apologies Starwaster - it's been a long day. Had a job interview up in London that took like 4 hours which meant getting up at 5am this morning for the train, bleh..

Huh, my mistake - guess I was looking at an older copy. Must've been just before it was updated. Seeing as the download link in the OP also contains the correct FAR cfg, I can only assume that you were right all along (yeah, you can gloat now... :D) - it's a MM conflict. From memory, 2.0.7 was when the whole 'MM breaking if older versions are installed' was fixed though I could be wrong so as long as people don't have any versions between 1.5.7 and possibly 2.0.7 and definitely 2.1.5, the cfg should still work. I'm guessing though, based on the comments here that that isn't the case so yeah.. PJ, if you're reading, MM 2.1.5 should probably be included or at least instructions to remember to delete multiple copies of MM to be on the safe side.

My apologies Starwaster - it's been a long day. Had a job interview up in London that took like 4 hours which meant getting up at 5am this morning for the train, bleh..

That's ok, no need to apologize to me, I was just confused.

Hope your interview went well!

I'm loving these parts! Just built an 8-seat, light-cargo SSTO spaceplane with them...

Y6INN3n.png

XaaJF9I.png

bf2sc7P.png

Well, the fuselage with these parts, anyway. I had originally used your wings, but they kept shredding in FAR as soon as I got the nose to start lifting off the runway. It wasn't an extreme angle, either... just a few degrees. They seem much more fragile than the stock wing parts.

Edited by RoboRay

Like, like, like. I've been "trying" to keep my parts mods down to manageable levels (not that it's working) but I wanted functional cargo bays and better wings since I'm trying to get into spaceplanes. I haven't even flown any of this stuff yet, but this looks awesome, I think it's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

I just want to pack a plane full of little probes and release them all. My attempt at making a cargo plane out of stock parts did not go well. Much crashing, very little cargo lifting. Could just be my plane skills though. :)

I'm loving these parts! Just built an 8-seat, light-cargo SSTO spaceplane with them...

http://i.imgur.com/Y6INN3n.png

http://i.imgur.com/XaaJF9I.png

http://i.imgur.com/bf2sc7P.png

Well, the fuselage with these parts, anyway. I had originally used your wings, but they kept shredding in FAR as soon as I got the nose to start lifting off the runway. It wasn't an extreme angle, either... just a few degrees. They seem much more fragile than the stock wing parts.

Clever use of the inline cockpit!

What I wantto know is how you manages to get the fuselage sections to surface mount side by side...

Mess around with the part rotation and you can get them attached properly. Specifically, hit "Q", then hit "A" or "D" until they're the right way up.

@Porkjet: Still love the looks of this mod. Things I would like to see added, hmm ... IVAs are always awesome, and you're already on that. Obviously that's going to take a while. Someone else already suggested a 0.625/1.25/0.625 adapter, which I agree would be handy and fit nicely with the shape of the fuselage. Airbrakes have also already been suggested. 5-way aerodynamic-looking RCS thrusters would be nice, as they work well with the bilateral symmetry of the SPH. Maybe some bigger landing gear, the stock ones work well enough but have fairly low ground clearance, and look a little undersized on bigger planes. An integrated fin+control surface (like the Delta Deluxe) might be nice, but the small delta wing + smallest elevon works well enough for now.

The half-size version of the Mk2 Fuselage should probably be renamed the Mk2 Fuselage Short to match the Mk2 Fuselage LFO Short (currently it's just called the "Mk2 Fuselage", same as the full-size version).

Edited by ArcFurnace