[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

I think there might be a folder mishap in the new download ... inside the included GameData folder, there's the "Firespitter" folder with the .dll in it, as usual, but then the Parts/Spaces folders and MM .cfg files are just directly under GameData instead of being contained in their own SpaceplanePlus folder (i.e. it goes GameData/Parts instead of GameData/SpaceplanePlus/Parts like the previous download).

On the other hand, the new IVA is super cool. Those RPM external cameras definitely help with visibility in IVA flight- looking out the windows is okay if you double-click on them for the "lean forward" view, but then you can't see your instruments. Admittedly, I don't generally do IVA flight, but it's always nice to see how much thought you put into these things to make sure they work well. The DRE .cfg also seems to be working properly now, which is excellent. Keep up the good work, Porkjet!

I think there might be a folder mishap in the new download ... inside the included GameData folder, there's the "Firespitter" folder with the .dll in it, as usual, but then the Parts/Spaces folders and MM .cfg files are just directly under GameData instead of being contained in their own SpaceplanePlus folder (i.e. it goes GameData/Parts instead of GameData/SpaceplanePlus/Parts like the previous download).

Yeah, looks like the folder got missed when it was packaged.

BTW, love these parts. I can actually use the Mk2 stock pieces now. :)

ihave installed this but i have a problem, in the sph there are blue lights coming on and lots of buttons when i right click they are all about ext cam IDs - or + s and whatnot, did i do something wrong or this patch is supposed to be UI nightmare?

there is also a folder misplacement as well, no spaceplane plus folder, evreything is under game data

ihave installed this but i have a problem, in the sph there are blue lights coming on and lots of buttons when i right click they are all about ext cam IDs - or + s and whatnot, did i do something wrong or this patch is supposed to be UI nightmare?

there is also a folder misplacement as well, no spaceplane plus folder, evreything is under game data

Sounds like an RPM thing with the camera. If it confuses you just ignore it.. Close the GUI and leave it alone. When or if you're ready to do anything with it, it'll be there still.

Fixed the folder structure and put up a new download! Clumsy me.

I'm sure it wasn't a problem for you pros to figure out where to put things anyway :)

Thank you guys, and have fun flying with the new cockpit.

just installed this mod, but i only have less than half the parts? it didn't load any of the wings or adapters.

I don't have any other mods installed, and i can't seem to see anything missing in the gamedata folder. any help?

Sorry, I messed up the folder structure, delete those files and redownload, it should work now.

Porkjet, dude, you are totally awesome, and this mod is my favorite parts pack right now, hands down! :D I need to build space stations and interplanetary exploration vessels, but all I can seem to focus on is building spaceplanes with YOUR parts! I mean, I have an excellent passenger spaceplane built that's gone through maybe a dozen atmospheric and orbital flights, and I don't even have anything or anywhere to take passengers to, I just love flying the thing!

But, that being said, would you please for the love of KOD put the version number of the mod in the TITLE of the archive?!? It's not that hard, is it? Changing "SpaceplanePlus" to "SpaceplanePlus1.1", or "SpaceplanePlus1.2", etc.?

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? :rolleyes:

Ok why not. I left it the same name just for reasons of convenience, i could just slap in the new file and wouldn't have to change the download links. But I have to edit the post and changelog everytime anyway so I can aswell just rename the file and make it convenient for everyone else.

Those are built in external Cameras for Raster Prop Monitor. If you can see them, you should already have RPM installed so you should be familiar with them :D

funy i dont remember diretcly installing RPM but i have KSO installed, it adds a bunch of dlls and plug ins for its IVA monitors to work, thats where it could come from, any how, thank you for the update keep it up, i would love to see some utily added to this mod,such as sp + ladders, or your own landing gear, i personaly use b9 but i would love to extend avaliability

What the point of ton these ID+ ID- buttons? It makes cockpit menu very cluttered.

Is it possible to disable them without removing RPM?

I'm sure you could edit the config to remove the cameras but then you'd obviously have no cameras. And no, if RPM's installed, you're going to get those GUI buttons.

im having a hard time installing the game. when i get the gamedata installed and run the game i will only get the cockpits, the air intakes, and then 2 or 3 in the utilities. The rest of the parts, such as the wings or fuel takes i dont have. I dont know what im doing wrong, but i generally dont install mods so its a little knew to me. does any know what im doing wrong or what i need?

Edited by boy0wonder

Porkjet, I mentioned a problem on the Habitat pack thread with the docking ports. It seems to exist in this plugin too (though I haven't tried the new one yet). I just wanted to make sure you saw it.

Great job, keep em coming!

Sadly, I don't think either the stock game or FAR take into account variable-geometry wings. Not with stock because that's just stock but I'm not sure why not with FAR, as it'd change the lift coefficient if the wings were rotated from yawing or whatever... I think more tests are needed (my original tests weren't in a controlled environment and other things were changing as well as the wing angle). Once I can stay in the SPH for more than 3 seconds without getting StackOverflowExceptions, I'll make a better version of it.

But yeah, all thanks to VapourTrail, I hadn't thought to hide the IR hinge/seam with Procedural Wings. That's a marvellous idea.

Having seen the F14 wing joint up close, that's essentially how it's done there... the wing root is bulked out and covers the hinge and hydraulics. PWings are really good at that kind of thing.

Here's an illustration:

f14-detail-wsm-01.gif

Something I've noticed with that design and stock areo... you don't really need much of a control surface on the wings... Large elevators on the tail (which basically become elevons when the wing is swept) are plenty for pitch maneuverability. The small stock control surfaces are enough to get enough roll authority at low speeds... and at high speeds the elevons work well enough to keep the plane stable.