[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

and it says that the firespitter plugin is incompatible with .24.2

It works fine, the firespitter plugin for Space Plane is from like one version back, so mod manager knows that firespitter has a more up-to-date plugin, but it doesn't actually mean that the plugin you have is incomparable with KSP .24.2.

Polar Bear,

Could you post a screenshot of the broken UI? Then quit KSP and find your output log:

• Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

You can upload a copy of it to a website like PasteBin or Dropbox and link to it here.

Anyone able to help me with finding my missing parts which include wing surfaces, the LFO tanks, Twin engine adapter, long adapter, and open bays. I look at the .cfg files and see them but they don't show up in game. Also looked with firespitter installed and not installed and Downloading from curse nothing has worked so far.

Do they appear in a sandbox game? Where is your SpaceplanePlus folder?

What part names did you see in the cfg files?

Firespitter controls part animations for Spaceplane Plus, so removing it can only make things worse.

For everyone who's looking for Mk 2 SAS and battery, I give you this MM config:

// Spaceplane Plus spare parts
// Mk. II Battery
$PART[mk2DroneCore]:FINAL
{
@name = mk2BatteryBank
@title = MK2 Battery
@TechRequired = specializedElectrics
@entryCost = 25000
@cost = 1800
@category = Utility
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.12
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
@amount = 2000
@maxAmount = 2000
}
}
// Mk. II Reaction Wheel
{
@name = mk2ReactionWheel
@title = MK2 Reaction Wheel
@TechRequired = advFlightControl
@entryCost = 18000
@cost = 1400
@category = Control
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.15
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]
{
@PitchTorque *= 1.6
@YawTorque *= 1.6
@RollTorque *= 1.6
{
@rate *= 1.6
}
}
}
// Mk. II Thrust Plate
{
@name = mk2ThrustPlate
@title = MK2 Thrust Plate
@TechRequired = advConstruction
@entryCost = 12000
@cost = 2500
@category = Structural
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.2
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
// P3(x, y, z), V3(x, y, z), size
node_stack_bottom01 = 0.84, -0.125, -0.04, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom02 = -0.84, -0.125, -0.04, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
}

It references Porkjet's parts*, so all three parts will look identical to the Mk 2 Drone Core. For the Thrust Plate part, I tried cramming in four to six 0.625m attach nodes, but they just don't fit in a well-balanced way, so you'll have to live with 2 0.625m and 1 1.25m. I've integrated them into the tech tree and taken a quick pass at cost and mass balancing. They should be slightly heavier and costlier than stock equivalents to account for the shape and heat shield.

Easy install zip here.

Public domain.

*without redistributing any of his/her code or models

Edited by Master Tao

Do they appear in a sandbox game? Where is your SpaceplanePlus folder?

What part names did you see in the cfg files?

Firespitter controls part animations for Spaceplane Plus, so removing it can only make things worse.

No I can't, Game data, All of them, and I meant with and without the firespitter mod (not the folder from this mod) as I figured they would be linked.

Edited by King_komodo93

Huh. The only thing I can think of is that a ModuleManager config somewhere is removing the SP+ parts. Could you post your output log? Start KSP, try to load the parts in a sandbox save, then quit KSP and find the log:

• Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

For everyone who's looking for Mk 2 SAS and battery, I give you this MM config:

// Spaceplane Plus spare parts
// Mk. II Battery
{
@name = mk2BatteryBank
@title = MK2 Battery
@TechRequired = specializedElectrics
@entryCost = 25000
@cost = 1800
@category = Utility
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.12
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
{
@amount = 2000
@maxAmount = 2000
}
}
// Mk. II Reaction Wheel
{
@name = mk2ReactionWheel
@title = MK2 Reaction Wheel
@TechRequired = advFlightControl
@entryCost = 18000
@cost = 1400
@category = Control
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.15
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]
{
@PitchTorque *= 1.6
@YawTorque *= 1.6
@RollTorque *= 1.6
{
@rate *= 1.6
}
}
}
// Mk. II Thrust Plate
{
@name = mk2ThrustPlate
@title = MK2 Thrust Plate
@TechRequired = advConstruction
@entryCost = 12000
@cost = 2500
@category = Structural
@subcategory = 0
@mass = 0.2
!vesselType = dummy
-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
// P3(x, y, z), V3(x, y, z), size
node_stack_bottom01 = 0.84, -0.125, -0.04, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom02 = -0.84, -0.125, -0.04, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
}

It references Porkjet's parts*, so all three parts will look identical to the Mk 2 Drone Core. For the Thrust Plate part, I tried cramming in four to six 0.625m attach nodes, but they just don't fit in a well-balanced way, so you'll have to live with 2 0.625m and 1 1.25m. I've integrated them into the tech tree and taken a quick pass at cost and mass balancing. They should be slightly heavier and costlier than stock equivalents to account for the shape and heat shield.

Public domain.

*without redistributing any of his/her code or models

Please excuse my cluelessness, but how exactly do I use this? I've never messed around with Module Manager before.

Will it cause problems if I've already added in Hejnfelt's SAS/RCS/Decoupler hack?

Please excuse my cluelessness, but how exactly do I use this? I've never messed around with Module Manager before.

Will it cause problems if I've already added in Hejnfelt's SAS/RCS/Decoupler hack?

Save that text as whateveryouwant.cfg - ModuleManager will grab the drone core, make a copy of it and apply the listed changes (name, title, category, weight, cost, PartModule etc) to the copy. it'll help if you save the cfg somewhere in Gamedata that you can find it again if needs be - either in the same folder as the drone core, or a personal folder of your own.

No problems should arise as this is an addition (not a replacement/deletion) to the drone core - it just references it for the model and texture, same as Hejnfelt's (and my) other additions. Buuuuuut seeing as Hejnfelt already has an SAS unit, unless you remove something, you're going to end up with two. I haven't actually downloaded Hejnfelt's pack yet, but if it's a separate cfg, either delete that or delete the Reaction Wheel section from this text.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Huh... I hadn't noticed Hejnfelt got permission from Porkjet to distribute those parts. EDIT: no conflicts.

I've updated the post with a zip for a more normal KSP-mod type install. Unzip and merge with your GameData folder – there's only one file in the zip, so you could also just put it in place by hand.

For future reference, ModuleManager configs are just plaintext files. You can save them using a program like Windows Notepad. As long as the extension is .cfg (not .txt) and you save it anywhere in the GameData folder, it should work.

@Hejnfelt:

Neat parts. Would you mind adding reflective FAR, NEAR, and DRE support? I can send you my config for that if you like.

Edited by Master Tao

Huh. The only thing I can think of is that a ModuleManager config somewhere is removing the SP+ parts. Could you post your output log? Start KSP, try to load the parts in a sandbox save, then quit KSP and find the log:

The module maneger is saying there are 103 hidden parts so that may be the problem why it's doing so I have no idea.

Output log looks like alot to go through but cursory look I think I'm seeing problems.

Initialize engine version: 4.5.2f1 (9abb1b59b47c)GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

Direct3D:

Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.2741]

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 820M

Vendor: NVIDIA

VRAM: 1994 MB (via DXGI)

Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Mdb.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Mdb.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Pdb.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Pdb.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll into Unity Child Domain

- Completed reload, in 0.281 seconds

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1366x768 60Hz; virtual: 1366x768 at 0,0

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)

Shader 'AtmosphereFromGround': fallback shader 'None' not found

[Versioning]: Windows 64-bit Build Detected.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Launcher Settings File doesn't exist

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Launcher after checking file: True

Load(Assembly): BDArmory/Plugins/BahaTurret

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BDArmory\Plugins\BahaTurret.dll

That's a beautiful plane, where did you get the landing gear?

Cheers :) Its B9 landing gear and the air brakes, I only use a few parts from B9. The single wheel B9 gear fits nicely into the SP+ wings :D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t6eb8uzusr5d82e/AABOR2ex6-Gxf6WEPYUE2iGca/screenshot3.png?raw=1

I dig the AB effect.

Cheers :) Its B9 landing gear and the air brakes, I only use a few parts from B9. The single wheel B9 gear fits nicely into the SP+ wings :D

B9 has become one of those packs that suffer now from their size and some parts are buggy and I find the weight of everything to be off. It's very disappointing.

Edited by SmiteZero

Um no mod, I just turn on the cockpit lights? Its the bottom toggle in action group manger.

Doesn't seem to be an available option without AGM; activating lights just turns on the landing lights and any spotlights.

Downloading AGM now...

The module maneger is saying there are 103 hidden parts so that may be the problem why it's doing so I have no idea.

Output log looks like alot to go through but cursory look I think I'm seeing problems.

Hidden parts are a good thing – that means Module Manager is making parts compatible with different mods. For example, SP+ will remove all the stock lift configs from it's parts and replace them with FAR, but only if you have FAR installed.

The output log is too large to post here. Could you upload it to a site like Pastebin or Dropbox and link to it here?

New plane!

Neat plane. Haven't seen a joined wing in a while.