[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

The cargo bays won't open or close for me, does anyone know why? Im using raster prop monitor, mechjeb, scan sat,environmental visual enhancements and time controll

Make sure you have the latest version of Firespitter plugin installed

Also big Congrats to you Porkjet! Well deserved, excellent work!

The cargo bays won't open or close for me, does anyone know why? Im using raster prop monitor, mechjeb, scan sat,environmental visual enhancements and time controll

Specifically, Firespitter.dll should be installed in KSP/GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/. If not, you can download it from Snjo's GitHub here.

if they add the cargo bay too, maybe they'll add their own mechanical functions too? meaning, future project like this could be more independent from firespitter.

congrats and thank you porkjet. and i hope you will kepp working on SP+. there are still many more shiny parts to be made ;)

I know it's already been said a bunch, but congratulations again! I love this part pack and think they deserve to be part of the stock game. I, too, hope they don't modify them much beyond removing their dependancy on firespitter.

Also remember, 10 and 20 degrees are actually pretty steep dives in the realm of aircraft and you'll maintain insane amounts of speed at these angles. A typical landing descent for an aircraft to an airport is a 3 degree glide slope. In flight in KSP, a descent looks deceptively shallow in the external camera views. I'd suggest navball hud and setting it so you have horizontal lines every ten degrees. (See previously linked video.) Also install the PAPI (Precision Approach Path Indicator) mod so you have a visual indication of your glide slope position. (I think it defaults to 6 degrees, so you might have to tweak its config.) There's an HSI mod floating around too that gives you aircraft ILS markers for approach.

(As a parting shot: Typical flight for an SR-71 airframe: Takeoff 170 KEAS; Low Level Flight with safe turning 250 to 300 KEAS; At Altitude Supersonic Cruise with long, slow [5 minutes +] high mach turns, 300 to 365 KEAS; Landing ~200 KEAS)

Sounds like you missed the part where we're talking about an unpowered glider.

Twenty degree dive? Welcome to the world of the space shuttle. That's about how it was done. Pull up about 900 meters from the ground and now they're doing 100m/s horizontal and slowed to about 10m/s vertical.

FAR will rip that apart even with struts. And yet in real life, that's how it was done.

Edit: Also, holy crap! Congrats Porkjet!!! Such spaceplane. Much aerodynamics. Wow!

Edited by Starwaster

WOW! So many congrats! Thanks so much guys! I'm super excited, like, surfing the hype train with nothing but my Mk2 pants on...

Got to admit, the news of SP+ being integrated into stock KSP worries me. I hope these "modifications" they mention don't cause Porkjet to move away from his vision for the future of this mod.

Don't worry Zodius. If anything, those modifications will bring this even closer to my original vision. I honestly think it's to the better.

Congrats man! Any hint about cargo bays? Would they be added also?

They certainly will! They are arguably the most important parts of this pack.

Also my congratulations too.

This will give mk2 parts a complete new level :)

If the question is allowed, does your contract include the current package or the ip "spaceplane pluss", So that updates and new parts would go into the stock game?